ECT What gospel was Paul saved under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul preached the same gospel as did Peter.

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

If you preach a different gospel, then Paul said you are accursed.

LA
Paul never preached Acts 2:38 KJV anymore than Peter preached that Christ died for our sins as the good news by which we are saved! Get saved and 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is impossible that Paul was saved under a different gospel to that which was established before Paul was saved.

No shift to another gospel was made even to this day.

LA
No, it is impossible for Paul to have been forgiven under the kingdom gospel as he was before a blasphemer (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV, 1 Timothy 1:13-16 KJV). Paul's gospel was a mystery, kept secret since the world began and he tells us why (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Saul was not previously a blasphemer of the kind who can not be forgiven.
Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost was to speaketh against the Holy Ghost

Stephen was full of faith and of the Holy Ghost Acts 6:5 KJV

And there was Saul Acts 8:1 KJV Acts 9:1 KJV

Saul was before a blasphemer (1 Timothy 1:13-16 KJV) and that against the Holy Ghost!

Case closed!

Danoh

Maybe I oversimplified. :noid:

Obviously, WE FELLOW MADs see the same things WHEN WE FELLOW MADS follow CORE MAD principles.

WHEN we do NOT, we end up seeing something different FROM other FELLOW MADs.

And the fact of the matter is MY FELLOW MAD, STP, that taking ANY passage TOO literally is NOT a MAD principle.

It IS WHY I do NOT hold YOUR views in these areas we DIFFER in the UNDERSTANDING OF.

That you and yours WITHIN MAD are NOT Acts 28ers is because you and yours WITHIN MAD do not practice THEIR OVERSIMPLIFICATION to THEIR extreme.

That you and yours WITHIN MAD DO PRACTICE IT however IS obvious.

Were it NOT the case, you and yours WITHIN MAD would have gotten from my posts that I do NOT, nor EVER have, viewed you, as 28ers :chuckle:

Even when I capitalized the word "ALMOST" this oversimplification of yours had you and yours WITHIN MAD concludding I was asserting you are 28ers, lol.

As when GM wondered - due to this same practice of OVERSIMPLIFICATION - if I was a Preterist :chuckle:

heir OFTEN ends up concluding I am being this, that, the other - from this same OVERSIMPLIFYING of another's words :chuckle:

I don't dislike any of you for it. You STP are in fact, one of my favorite posters on TOL.

For your often humorous manner with one and all.

Likewise Clete; though both heir and I have had our wars with him in the past.

Nick is another favorite - and he can be as one way or the highway as our FELLOW MAD sister, heir, lol

GM - I like that he is ever holding the fort, so to speak.

Musterion - I could ring his neck sometimes, he is so stubborn. And yet, his stubborness is one of his best qualities.

On and on the list goes...

So no, my MAD angel on TOL: Tambora, is not my only favorite MAD on TOL.

But I'm being repeatedly heckled by Barney Fife that I am hogging up his moment, so I'll end here with a warm :) to each and everyone of you and yours within MAD - my much loved fellow MADs.

Barney - ever the oversimplifier:rotfl:

Yours,

Ernest T. Bass

Rocks are fir throwin thru winders, hyuk, hyuk.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned

Danoh

I do not like anyone who perverts the gospel of Christ....

So quit doing just that - Christ IS the gospel of Christ in BOTH Prophecy AND The Mystery.

Within EACH of those TWO within this TWO Fold PURPOSE OF GOD...

Of Who - OF GOD...

CHRIST IS the power OF GOD for salvation to everyone that believeth.

YOU are GROSSLY OVER simplifiying certain words, phrases and passages, at the expense of other passages.

Talk about a little leaven; you've gone on to open a bakery :chuckle:

HE IS the power OF GOD FOR Salvation in the Prophetic aspect ALSO.

Duh - uh - what do you think the name Jesus is a reference to?

Never mind; I'll let the passages defend themselves against what is actually YOUR perversion of the gospel of Christ into one aspect only.

It is WHY you and yours WITHIN MAD erroneously take issue whenever anyone uses the simple name: Jesus in their posts - YOUR isolating of a thing away from other things. Which YOU then take TOO literally.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

That speaks of the very POWER IN HIS VERY NAME TO THEM THAT BELIEVE.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Acts 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

You need and yours WITHIN MAD need to go back to MAD 101.

Your obvious above practice is the practice of the 28er NOT of the Acts 9er, sister.

Where we agree as FELLOW MADS proves my very point.

EVERY point you have ever posted AGAINST the MAD of O'Hair, Baker, Stam, Jordan, Sadler and DOZENS of other LEADERS within Acts 9 Dispensationalism - where they ARE agreed with one another - has been a point against their agreement.

NONE of you hold even an ounce of a candle to how thorough they EACH were on these issues where they agreed with one another.

Where they did not - your exact same practice of isolating a passage and then taking it too literally, has ALWAYS proven the case as who later turned out off base.

And that is the very pioneers.

O'Hair and Jordan known by one and all as literally walking Bibles.

None of which matters when YOUR above is practiced, no matter how much Bible one knows.

Thus, should you now conclude I was actually talking about those men; you will only prove once more what I am saying.

In this, if my holding to the fact that your above practice makes me an enemy - in your one more oversimplification of YOUR perversion - of the gospel of Christ, then so be it :chuckle:

The chuckle being due to the fact that although you have made yourself the Pope of what MADs are to cow tow to, you sure are of a double mind when it is your turn to be called out on an error.

Why?

Because this is not about MAD to you; this is you being you; insisting on your view - "or else!" :crackup:

You are actually being another Jerry Shugart :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame

I don't dislike any of you for it. You STP are in fact, one of my favorite posters on TOL.

For your often humorous manner with one and all.

Likewise Clete; though both heir and I have had our wars with him in the past.

Nick is another favorite - and he can be as one way or the highway as our FELLOW MAD sister, heir, lol

GM - I like that he is ever holding the fort, so to speak.

Musterion - I could ring his neck sometimes, he is so stubborn. And yet, his stubborness is one of his best qualities.

On and on the list goes...

So no, my MAD angel on TOL: Tambora, is not my only favorite MAD on TOL.

But I'm being repeatedly heckled by Barney Fife that I am hogging up his moment, so I'll end here with a warm :) to each and everyone of you and yours within MAD - my much loved fellow MADs.

Barney - ever the oversimplifier:rotfl:

Yours,

Ernest T. Bass

Rocks are fir throwin thru winders, hyuk, hyuk.

Did someone notify the mods that there is a technical problem on TOL,i.e., I know Danoh mentioned my greatness in the above list, more than once, but it was not in the post, when he pressed "Post Quick Reply."

john w

Hall of Fame
I'll just stick with this:

Gospel of God- Romans 1:1-4 (KJV)
Gospel of Christ- 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

No need to overcomplicate it.

As usual, the Mayor delivers the truth, concisely.

Now, if he would just get into shape. Perhaps a few more naps, and less talking about his favorite subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.