What Does it Mean to be "Under the Law?"

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
However you will not find any scripture that says the law justifies.

Which is not what Paul said. He did not say the Hebrews were justified by keeping the law, he said, "but the doers of the law will be justified." (Romans 2:13 NKJV)

Will be justified, not have been justified. Those who practice sin will not be justified until they turn to God. It is he who justifies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Which is not what Paul said. He did not say the Hebrews were justified by keeping the law, he said, "but the doers of the law will be justified." (Romans 2:13 NKJV)

Will be justified, not have been justified. Those who practice sin will not be justified until they turn to God. It is he who justifies.

Anyone can be a doer of the law. That does not justify.

Jesus Christ is the justifier, Romans 3:26.

Robert Pate

Banned
So why do you teach that there is no law if anyone can do it?

The law is not binding on Christians. For the Christian there is no law, it has been abolished.

You apparently want to live under the law. Good luck with that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The law is not binding on Christians. For the Christian there is no law, it has been abolished.

You apparently want to live under the law. Good luck with that.

Wait. How could I live under the law if its been abolished?

You don't make sense.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith is defined by the law. If you steal you are not being faithful to the one who gave the law.

No, faith is centered in the work and the person of Jesus Christ and is Spirit.

If you need the law you are a wicked person, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, I am just living by faith. If you need the law then you are a pretty wicked person, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

Jesus said faith is one of the weightier matters of the law. No law equals no faith, you are kidding yourself.

You excuse yourself by saying there are no boundaries.

Robert Pate

Banned
The doers of the law will be justified. (Romans 2:13 NKJV)

All you are doing is claiming Paul contradicts himself.

No contradiction.

To accept Christ as your savior is to do the law.

The doers of the law are those that are "In Christ" and posses the Holy Spirit. They are not living by law, they live by faith and Spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

A wicked person is one who violates the law. You are simply justifying the lawless by saying there is no law.

If you don't respect God's instructions that are applicable to you then you don't respect the Lawgiver.

Robert Pate

Banned
A wicked person is one who violates the law. You are simply justifying the lawless by saying there is no law.

If you don't respect God's instructions that are applicable to you then you don't respect the Lawgiver.

There is no law for Christians.

To be under the law is to be under condemnation and judgment.

Robert Pate

Banned
You believe God was mistaken when He said this?

Hebrews 10:16
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;​

That is the Holy Spirit who is the Christians guide and keeper. It is the Spirit of Jesus, John 14:26.

genuineoriginal

That is the Holy Spirit who is the Christians guide and keeper. It is the Spirit of Jesus, John 14:26.

It appears that you are saying that the Holy Spirit is the law of God put in our hearts and written in our minds.

If so, why are you rejecting and trying to abolish the Holy Spirit?