What does God's Holy Law Demand?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you think it's wrong because God said it or did God say it was wrong because it is inherently wrong?

Both. We know what is wrong because we know what God has said (commanded). But it is wrong whether or not a person knows God's commands or not.

Ben Masada

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: For you are not under the law , but under grace" Romans 6:14.

But not for you Ben. You will be judged by the law and condemned to hell.

Elohim Addirim! We don't even believe in the Christian hell-fire. And with regards to being judged by the Law, we all are, Jewish or not if we commit any transgression. Christians are simply living an illusion. The whole Tanach two or three times larger that the NT,and there is not even a single word about hell-fire. We go to the NT and, there we meet Dante reading for us in hell, aka his "Inferno of Dante."

God's Truth

Elohim Addirim! We don't even believe in the Christian hell-fire. And with regards to being judged by the Law, we all are, Jewish or not if we commit any transgression. Christians are simply living an illusion. The whole Tanach two or three times larger that the NT,and there is not even a single word about hell-fire. We go to the NT and, there we meet Dante reading for us in hell, aka his "Inferno of Dante."

Where is your temple and your blood offering?

God's Truth

God's Truth,

God bless you God's Truth. I don't know why you are saying this. I wish you well. Shalom.

Jacob

It is simple Jacob. You ruin the listener by arguing about words like 'in' and 'and'. You slander others because of those words.

You are not right in your heart and mind, and I think deep down you know that.

God's Truth

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: For you are not under the law , but under grace" Romans 6:14.

But not for you Ben. You will be judged by the law and condemned to hell.

Being under grace does not mean make sure you do not obey.

Ben Masada does not obey and you brag that you do not either.

Looks like you rightly judged where the both of you are going.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is simple Jacob. You ruin the listener by arguing about words like 'in' and 'and'. You slander others because of those words.

You are not right in your heart and mind, and I think deep down you know that.
There are many good translations, but I shared with you from my knowledge of one... the one I have grown up with. I don't feel it is wrangling about words. Words are important.

1 Timothy 6:4 NASB - 4 he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions,

2 Timothy 2:14 NASB - 14 Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers.

There is no need to continue about this with you. I have contributed with my knowledge of scripture and a concordance search tool that I could use to search for the phrase.

I'm not sure what wrangle about words means, but I don't need to wrangle with you about it. :) Shalom.

God's Truth

Not we but Paul was the one in big trouble to imply that Jesus had come to abolish the Law. Ephesians 2:15, and Romans 10:4. Now, regarding Jesus dying to free us from the penalty of the Law, neither of that we need to fear any trouble because, none of us is to blame but Prophets Jeremiah, Ezekiel and whoever wrote the book of Deuteronomy. They were the ones in big trouble for denying any one could die to release anyone else from the penalty of the Law. (Deut. 24:16; Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20)

Tell us where your temple is and what is your blood offering? You do not obey Moses, as you have claimed.

Robert Pate

Banned
If abolished, annulled, and fulfilled all have the same meaning, He could not have been the Messiah. He makes the clear claim that He didn't come to get rid of anything in Matthew 5:17. Those listening would not have been ok with a dismissal of the Torah.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

How much plainer can it be?

JonahofAkron

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

That 'end' means goal or long distance view. Come on, man. Get with the program. If He is the Law in the flesh, He is obviously the goal of the Law's righteousness. As in, it is perfectly lived out in Him. This actually helps your stance more than your botched interpretation does, bruh.

God's Truth

Christ is the end of the law WITH IT'S PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL WORKS.

How do you EVER get that Jesus gave a new gospel just to Paul to tell us all we no longer have to obey ANYTHING anymore?

God's Truth

The Jews USED TO HAVE TO MAKE THEMSELVES RIGHTEOUS by doing the purification/ceremonial works.

NO ONE has to do THOSE works anymore since Christ, because now Christ makes us clean.

It does NOT mean we no longer have to obey!!!

It means we no longer have to get circumcised and offer animals.

JonahofAkron

The Jews USED TO HAVE TO MAKE THEMSELVES RIGHTEOUS by doing the purification/ceremonial works.

NO ONE has to do THOSE works anymore since Christ, because now Christ makes us clean.

It does NOT mean we no longer have to obey!!!

It means we no longer have to get circumcised and offer animals.
They've never made themselves righteous. Prove it.

God's Truth

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not have their sins cleaned by blood---and they did not circumcise themselves.

Ephesians 2:1
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.

There were dead in their transgressions and Jesus did not make them get circumcised before he saved them.