What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
On Fire said:
And Buddha isn't the fat little man you've all come to know.

No wonder you guys are so confused!
Buddhism, unlike most religions (at least Western religions), does not require belief in deity of any form to follow its practices - only belief in what I would term "the supernatural".

There are a few atheists who follow Buddhism. I'm not one of them.

On Fire

wickwoman said:
Not unless you're fat. (No offense intended.) In which case he is.
:confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy:

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
On Fire said:
:confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy: :confused: :hammer: :dizzy:

Buddha is representaive of a state of you.
(Have I got that right Wickwoman?)

beanieboy

On Fire said:
Planning your backslide before you even repent - kind of shows where your heart is in the first place. :flamer:

This was a response to being Mulsim, and what one needs to get to heaven (being good):
That's it?

That's the standard? Goodness?

Ok........what goodness and how good do you have to be, to outweigh the bad?
a.)Very good.
b.) Good.
c.)Somewhat good.
d.)One good deed should be enough.

?

I was comparing this response (that one is looking for the absolute minimum to get to heaven according to Islam) like asking a Christian what the absolute minimum is to get to heaven for Christianity.

Yes, both say a lot of where the person's heart is, which was exactly my point.

On Fire

beanieboy said:
If I repent, and ask Jesus into my heart, and he forgives my sin, do I go to heaven?
And if so, what if I fall and sin again? He forgives me and I still go to heaven?
No matter how much I sin, I am forgiven, and go to heaven?
So, I can repent, and then go back to my sinful life, because it's all forgiven, and go to heaven?
No. This is a list of mocking questions about your ability (or inabilty) to let go of your sin.

fool

Hall of Fame
I used to do some Zen.
The most profound religious experience I've ever had was from meditating.
I think of Buddism as more a tool box than a project its self .

Zakath

Resident Atheist
On Fire said:
No. This is a list of mocking questions about your ability (or inabilty) to let go of your sin.
From my years of experience, BB's post seems to describe the vast majority of Christians I know.

Perhaps you've got some sinless ones around somewhere you'd like to introduce to us...

beanieboy

On Fire said:
That's supposed to be clarification?

:darwinsm:

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him.

You may want to actually read a book if you want to understand Buddhism.

Do you not understand how strange it sounds that Jesus, the son of God, is the Father, that your God is one, but 3?

On Fire

beanieboy said:
Do you not understand how strange it sounds that Jesus, the son of God, is the Father, that your God is one, but 3?
You mean the God you believed in until such time as you discovered that you couldn't be Christ-like and a fag at the same time?

beanieboy

On Fire said:
You mean the God you believed in until such time as you discovered that you couldn't be Christ-like and a fag at the same time?

There are gay christians.

I questioned christianity on a much different level.
1) Most people, when told that a God requires a blood sacrifice, think it barbaric, whether it is their first born, a sheep, whatever. This is the cruxt of Christianity - that Christ HAD to die. For a long time, Christians even blamed Jews for the death of Christ (which they admit was necessary). That makes little sense.
2) In the emergence of AIDS, I saw people like Falwell condemning, rather than caring for, those with AIDS. Many people died, and Falwell and his ilk simply said, "AIDS is God's Judgement." After some time, people realized that they should be offering compassion, not condemnation, but it wasn't the church doing the leading.
3) My friends in the Pentecostal movement used to think of themselves as pawns in a spiritual chess game ( I went to the store and was blessed by God for having strawberries on sale, praise the Lord, but Satan tempted me to anger when I dropped them on the floor. I prayed for patience, and God sent me a store manager who said that was okay, praise the Lord - literally, this is how they talked.) Where as, my other friends simply realized that bad things happen and rolled with it, as opposed to taking it as a person attack from Satan. Because of that, they seemed more at peace.
4) I have been, and know of, those who, because they are christian, think themselves more holy, and look down on the ignorant non-saved with condescending pity. I have seen this to be wrong, but it continues. Some will even hate non-believers and call it love.
5) Christianity seems to focus more on NOT going to hell, rather than developing a close relationship with God and what that means. It claims to free you from the Law, then expects you to follow the Law.

That's the basics.

It has little to do with homosexuality itself.
You and others, On Fire, see me as some flaming homo.
I'm a lot more than that.
And you see yourself as almost sinless.
And I see you as Pharisees.

So, that's where I'm at.
I don't agree with you religion, and don't want to become like you.
It's no wonder why I prefer Dali Lama over Pat Robertson.

On Fire

beanieboy said:
:vomit:

It's no wonder why I prefer Dali Lama over Pat Robertson.
Like I said, you mean the God you believed in until such time as you discovered that you couldn't be Christ-like and a fag at the same time.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
Actually there is nothing in the Bible to support the concept of personal individual salvation
You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God. Have you not read:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9​

Note the singular pronouns.

And that's just for starters.

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Okay, now let us count all the thees, thines and thous in the original:

οτι εαν ομολογησης εν τω στοματι σου κυριον ιησουν και πιστευσης εν τη καρδια σου οτι ο θεος αυτον ηγειρεν εκ νεκρων σωθηση

Status
Not open for further replies.