What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Pepper said:
Jung also encouraged a man to seek God and join the church when he was suffering from alcoholism and nothing else would work. What does that practice point to?

One whole man? Wow. That proves it! :) But, actually, I keep fidning where he employed occultic practices along with his psychotherapy. Perhaps he tried those first and when all else failed....

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
I wonder where your obsessive need to rewrite history in order to prove yourself correct stems from?

I'm not the one trying to ignore the man's lust for spiritism. : shrug :

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Zakath said:
And just which practices of Jung might those be, Nin?

He was just a shrink. And very humanly fallible...

Do you really believe Jung was a Christian? Or are you just jumping in without checking out what's being discussed?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Nineveh said:
Do you really believe Jung was a Christian?
Not really, no.
Or are you just jumping in without checking out what's being discussed?
I was merely commenting on some our your rather outlandish claims and, as above, asking for documentation...

Pepper

Nineveh said:
One whole man? Wow. That proves it! :) But, actually, I keep fidning where he employed occultic practices along with his psychotherapy. Perhaps he tried those first and when all else failed....

And what "occultic practices" would those be?

I was using one man as an example.

Plus, you guys realize that you're arguing over whether someone who has been dead for over 40 years is in heaven or hell.

Disregarding anything jung may have used in his psychological practices, you really have no idea what his relationship was with god as that's between him and god, so who are you to say if he's in heaven or hell? And what does it even matter?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Pepper said:
And what "occultic practices" would those be?

Did you miss the suggested Google search info?

I was using one man as an example.

I guess I should ask you for the reference?

Plus, you guys realize that you're arguing over whether someone who has been dead for over 40 years is in heaven or hell.

Disregarding anything jung may have used in his psychological practices, you really have no idea what his relationship was with god as that's between him and god, so who are you to say if he's in heaven or hell? And what does it even matter?

Nor do you :)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Nineveh said:
I didn't think so.
Why would you think that Jung was a Christian? I don't recall reading or hearing him mention being one...
As before, use google, you are a big boy :)
So, "as before", you have no documentation for your outlandish claims about alleged Jungian "occult practices"...

:darwinsm:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Zakath said:
Why would you think that Jung was a Christian?

I don't. That's why it helps to at least familiarize yourself with the convo.

I don't recall reading or hearing him mention being one...

Tell that to Hasan_ibn_Sabah.

So, "as before", you have no documentation for your outlandish claims about alleged Jungian "occult practices"...

Look, I've looked it up and read it. It's you who seems to need the research. So either we can see this like I'm too stupid to read, or you are too lazy to edify yourself. : shrugs :

beanieboy

I think that it is interesting that Jung saw Africa as the Dark Continent, but because he thought of himself as the "other", he became disturbed when he found himself "becoming too black," and felt fear when they began to play drums, and felt that it was overtaking him.

The truth is, he was one of them, as we are all part of the human race.

I have talked to folks in my African Dance class. The drummers sometimes seem to hear voices, their names called, etc. One drummer kept hearing "Grandfather." And when the rhythm is right, it causes you to dance wildly, the same way a good song causes you to jump up and be exceedingly happy.

I think it has little to do with spiritism, if that is the word, except that the human spirit relates to it, and the body follows.

Think of how many people enjoy dancing, working their bodies to such an extreme, more than many sports at times, until they seem to transcend. And on a spiritual level, maybe they do.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Nineveh said:
Well, that's good to know...
Tell that to Hasan_ibn_Sabah.
With a posting name like that, should I assume he's a non-Christian? If so, perhaps the shades of difference between Jung's beliefs and say yours are too fine for him to discern...

Look, I've looked it up and read it. It's you who seems to need the research.
You made a, thus far, unsubstantiated claim.

You won't defend your point by providing a single whit of documentation.

You see your vague handwaving as somehow virtuous.

I see it as indication that you are lying and have nothing to substantiate your claim.

So be it.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Zakath said:
With a posting name like that, should I assume he's a non-Christian? If so, perhaps the shades of difference between Jung's beliefs and say yours are too fine for him to discern...

From what I gather form him/her... s/he is about the only real Christian on TOL.

You made a, thus far, unsubstantiated claim.

Look, if you really want to believe I made something like that up, feel free, but it doesn't make you any smarter, now does it?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Here, to make things as easy as possible for you to edify yourself, I even did the search for you, now all you have to do is pick a site a you feel confident is telling the truth and read it. K?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nin, will you humor the little people with some documentation?

Crying out loud...

Incidently I've read about Jung and work by the man and am not familiar with occultic "practices" he conducted.

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
From what I gather form him/her... s/he is about the only real Christian on TOL.

Look, if you really want to believe I made something like that up, feel free, but it doesn't make you any smarter, now does it?
Hello, Nineveh. Long time no "smack"!

I seem to remember allsmiles pulling this stunt with you, and you having no patience for it. (i.e. unsubstantiated claims). But, by all means, do what you feel is right.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Um, if I recall, I couldn't even get any names of those 30+ gods to google, at least from allsmiles. But heads up! I even did the search for zakath.

Status
Not open for further replies.