What did you think of the movie... "The Passion"?

What did you think of the movie... "The Passion"?

• 5 out of 5 stars! - AWESOME!!!

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • 4 out of 5 stars! - Very Good.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • 3 out of 5 stars! - Good

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 2 out of 5 stars! - Mediocre.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 1 out of 5 stars! - Not so good.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 0 out of 5 stars! - AWFUL!

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

Aimiel

My favorite part was the way Satan got his head 'bruised' in the garden. It made me think of the Garden of Eden, where that was prophecied.

Freak

Originally posted by SOTK4ever

What an awesome movie!!!!!!!! :up: Actually, for me, it's hard to explain how exactly I feel about this movie. I'll try.....

This movie had a profound impact on me. I have felt that in the last year I've grown in my understanding of the ultimate gift of Christ's death. I mean really understand it. Seeing the visual graphic sacrifice of Christ's death for us really topped off my understanding and extreme gratitude of God's most unbelievable, wonderful Gift. Like I say, it's hard for me to find the words. I'm still not giving it the proper justice.

I've never been this affected by a movie before. It was hard for me to watch, but I did. Seeing the abuse that Christ took for me, for us, literally brought me to my knees within the theater. I didn't care. I dropped down right there in the theater and sobbed in shame and gratitude.

This movie really drove home to me that I am just really not worthy of this most wondrous gift. I felt like "How dare I sin!" "How dare I ever sin!". Know what I mean?

I think I'll stop here. I am not sure what else to say. Like I said, it's tough to come up with the right words. I'll just end this by saying that I encourage all of you who haven't seen this movie to see it!

In Christ,

SOTK
:thumb:

Pritykity

I haven't seen it yet, and I'm not sure if I want to. I've heard that it's incredibly gory, but also very inspiring and worth it. Any advice? (And would it be best to see in theatres or at home?)

Sozo

Originally posted by Pritykity

I haven't seen it yet, and I'm not sure if I want to. I've heard that it's incredibly gory, but also very inspiring and worth it. Any advice? (And would it be best to see in theatres or at home?)

It is a good movie for Christians to have some idea about what Christ suffered for our sins, but other than that it is not worth seeing.

Lovejoy

Originally posted by Sozo

It is a good movie for Christians to have some idea about what Christ suffered for our sins, but other than that it is not worth seeing.

I just talked to somebody today that thought (because of the movie) that Mary Magdelene was a prostitute, and that the snake smashing was in the Gospel. This person reads their bible, but it was just so easy to seam that stuff into what you remember! Naw, you just got to be a tough, super literate believer before you can expose yourself to such tempting half truths. I have actually spent many hours with my minichurch making sure we can all speak to people about the right and wrong in this movie. I am not very popular right now!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
The film was relentless, unapologetic, beautiful, barbaric, moving, powerful, and triumphant. (I can't quite think of any more adjectives; it's a little late right now.)

The one gripe--not even flaw--that I can find with the movie is the small, hurried, tacked-on resurrection epilogue. Just five or ten minutes more expanding on it just slightly would have made a tremendous film even better, but that's really just nitpicking. The emphasis of the movie, in case you missed the title, is the passion: the suffering of Christ. Anyway, Gibson included the resurrection at all, and that's good enough.

As a Jew by blood and Christian by faith, I can say that there's no anti-semitism within the film, though there's moments that could be misconstrued as such. But the movie is really a religious ink blot of whoever is watching it; if you want to see anti-semitism, you'll find it without a problem.

All around? Ferocious, beautiful, and job very well done. Worth the wait. Good night!

My how people can change!:chuckle:

Apologist

BANNED
Banned
Goose said:
Not only was it historically inaccurate, but traditionally inaccurate. I was at least expecting it to be traditionally accurate.

I must contest this point.

It is more or less taken from the Gospels. The "added" parts are taken from a mystic nun's version. I forget the name of the mystic nun, though.

koban

Granite said:
Oh come on already--or PM me!

:chuckle: Nah - I had just banged out something to provoke you and thought better of it.I don't have the time to chase you today. :D

koban

Sozo said:
Freak

You have denied Jesus. There is nothing left to discuss with you. You are not a brother in Christ. You are the enemy, an idolator, a liar, and a flake.

You have been deceived. God has nothing to do with this film.

And some things never change! :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
koban said:
:chuckle: Nah - I had just banged out something to provoke you and thought better of it.I don't have the time to chase you today. :D

:chuckle:

Fair enough!:devil: