What Dictates What You Believe?

God's Truth

Dear patrick jane,

An excellent definition. I like it! For myself, I would also keep to change my ways. So how are you? Thanks for your support, amigo!! I REALLY Appreciated It!!

There Is Power In His Love!!

Michael

We have to repent of our sins. I have many scriptures that say we. have. to. repent. of. our. sins.

Will you believe the scriptures?

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sistersins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Revelation 9:21 20The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did notrepent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We havesinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have notrepented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

God's Truth

Because no one asked me to.

Common sense would have you do so.
But also because the Bible was not written in English.

Who said it was? Oh please, tell me, who said it was.

It does not matter what the word 'repent' means.

I guess all English speakers should not care what their language means.

It matters what the word 'nicham' means and it matters what the word 'metanoiein' means.

I gave you many scriptures that say REPENT IS ABOUT SINS.

You have selectively chosen passages to support your erroneous understanding of 'repent'. You omitted lots of other pasages where the word nicham or metanoiein is not in reference to sin. Indeed some of the very passages you cite do not speak of repenting of sin.

According to your ill-logic.
You repent of whatever you were doing or had done before.

We humans have been sinning. Sin is what separates us from God. Do you need a scripture reference for that?

What do you think? What else do you think we have to repent to God for?

God repented that he had made man. God repented that he made Saul king of Israel. If you were being wicked and you change your mind and determine not to be wicked, then you repent of wickedness. If you repent of letting your children outside unsupervised, then you determine not to let them out without you in future.

You just proved that the only thing we humans can repent TO GOD FOR is sin.

Do you really think you have to repent to God for buying the wrong eye glass frames? Just listen to what you are saying.

You regret you did because one of them had a bad accident which you are sure would not have happened if you had been there. If you are in the habit of sinning and you determine to stop these sins, then you repent of your sins. Your mistake is to make repent narrowly mean only to repent of sins.Doing wrong, acting wickedly, pursuing one's own plans (all things your selectively chosen passages refer to) are not necessarily sin. Sin has a narrow definition of disobedience to a law you are subject to.

I have explained this carefully to you in hopes you will learn. I suspect you will simply refuse.

Just believe the scriptures. How many scriptures do you want to deny? God is the ONLY ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE TO REPENT OF SINS. That does NOT mean we do not have to repent to God for sins.

Your examples are nonsense excuses as to why you will not submit to the truth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's examine the argument here. I am told we do not have to repent of sins because God repented.
You just can't stop holding onto lies.

God is the only One who does not have to repent of sins, and this is why we do not have to repent of our sins, so you all say.
No one has said that.
Just another strawman you create to hold dearly to your lie.

I gave you many scriptures that say REPENT IS ABOUT SINS.
And you left out many that are not about sins.

God repented.
It's obvious the definition of the word repent is not stop sinning.
Common sense would have you do so.

GT loves her lies!

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We humans have been sinning. Sin is what separates us from God. Do you need a scripture reference for that?

What do you think? What else do you think we have to repent to God for?

You just proved that the only thing we humans can repent TO GOD FOR is sin.

You don't repent to anyone. You just repent. If you are sincere, your life will change from then on.
You can say sorry to someone but that is not the same thing. Most of the time, 'sorry' is not worth the paper it is written on. You are just inventing. You are inventing English, let alone the languages of the Bible.

God's Truth

You don't repent to anyone.

What in the world are you talking about? We were talking about repenting to God. Pay attention. I can hardly believe there are those who go against others here and cannot even follow a simple discussion.

You just repent. If you are sincere, your life will change from then on.

Repent of what? Aw...now do you get it?

You can say sorry to someone but that is not the same thing. Most of the time, 'sorry' is not worth the paper it is written on.

Sometimes people do not know that repent of sins MEANS TO STOP DOING THOSE SINS. That is why John the baptizer noticed that HEROD was coming to get baptized for the forgiveness of sins BUT HAD NO INTENTION OF STOPPING HIS SINS. He was married to his brother's ex wife and that was against God's commands. John the baptizer says to PROVE OUR REPENTANCE by our deeds---that way it is a sure way to know a person repenting understands what they have to do.

Apostle PAUL says to prove your repentance too.

You are just inventing. You are inventing English, let alone the languages of the Bible.

Go look up what repent means in English. You are the one who is reinventing English.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What in the world are you talking about? We were talking about repenting to God. Pay attention. I can hardly believe there are those who go against others here and cannot even follow a simple discussion.
No. You were talking about it. No one else is because you invented the concept.

What I said before:
I have explained this carefully to you in hopes you will learn. I suspect you will simply refuse.

Thanks for talking. You made yourself clear.