weekly weigh in

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My mother in law bought us a nice digital scale a couple of years ago, but I exceeded the weight limit...

...until yesterday! It is pretty gratifying not to need to go somewhere to weigh in.

SaulToPaul 2

:shocked: I see all the lady folk aren't too quick to throw their weight around in this thread. I won't either :peach:, but I will say eat. stop. eat. works wonders.

Congrats on all of your weight loss thus far, Delmar. :thumb:

It's amazing how wonderful you feel after a long fast.

heir

TOL Subscriber
For many, that works. For people with various screwy blood sugar/insulin issues [raises hand] that approach may be difficult to manage.
I'm not offering you any advice as to what you should do personally, but that which is working for me. I also know that many people are messed up because of what and how much they eat and are being lied to by the so called "fitness" people and/or "diet gurus" giving bad advice. Your physician might even give you a load (all multibillion dollar a year industries).

I thought it would be impossible, but I've learned that the body is made to fast. It works at it's optimum fat burning mode/toxin removing mode when we stop feeding it too much and allow it to work for us.

I get up at 6:00 a.m. weekdays, ride 14-15 miles a day (weekends off) on my exercise bike, get the kids going in school and don't go into the kitchen to feed myself until 12:00 pm where I usually have boiled eggs ready in the fridge and toss a killer salad. In the evening, I make a good, big meal for the family and make sure I don't eat anything after my 8 hour window is up.

I've never felt better! I'm not a size 0 and I'm not supposed to be, but I have dropped pant sizes (plural!) and at my age, I'll take it!

SaulToPaul 2

I thought it would be impossible, but I've learned that the body is made to fast. It works at it's optimum fat burning mode/toxin removing mode when we stop feeding it too much and allow it to work for us.

And, most of us of plenty of excess fuel (fat) to live on until we eat again!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And, most of us of plenty of excess fuel (fat) to live on until we eat again!

I did a 30 day fast about a decade and a half ago. I had some rather unfortunate side effects after that have convinced me not to go down that particular road again.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Delmar,

You're a great example for us to lose weight. I have lost only 5 lbs. in 10 days with this Garcinia Cambrogia Diet, which includes the Green Coffee Bean Extract. I had lost 7 lbs., but I splurged and gained 2 back. I just love Buffalo Chicken Wings. I find it hard to say no. I will have to find a way to do both.

Congratulations!! And the very best to you and your Loved Ones!!

Michael

musterion

I'm not offering you any advice as to what you should do personally, but that which is working for me.

Understood, and I didn't take your post otherwise, nor was mine meant to be at all confrontational. :)

And just this morning I find myself comfortably wearing an unstretched pair of size 30 regular fit jeans. Last time my inseam exceeded my waistline was early in the Clinton administration (the first one, not the upcoming one). My breakfast the past 2 weeks has had something to do with it: 24 oz. of half unsweetened coconut milk/half unsweetened almond milk with a big spoon of Kava instant coffee and a heavy shot of whipping cream.

If y'all ain't gonna eat the fat on yer plates, I'll take it.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Understood, and I didn't take your post otherwise, nor was mine meant to be at all confrontational. :)

And just this morning I find myself comfortably wearing an unstretched pair of size 30 regular fit jeans. Last time my inseam exceeded my waistline was early in the Clinton administration .
That is great!
I can't be sure but for me we might be talking Nixon!

(the first one, not the upcoming one). My breakfast the past 2 weeks has had something to do with it: 24 oz. of half unsweetened coconut milk/half unsweetened almond milk with a big spoon of Kava instant coffee and a heavy shot of whipping cream.

If y'all ain't gonna eat the fat on yer plates, I'll take it
Sounds good!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a very mild, lightweight version of the Fat Fast but not nearly as tough to do (I tried the F.F. a few times, just to see if I could...man, it was tough).

Tell me more about the fat fast. I think I could have done that. Notihng satiates cravings like a few fat calories

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tonight is my next to last weigh in for the prize. I am feeling strong this week!

musterion

Tell me more about the fat fast. I think I could have done that. Notihng satiates cravings like a few fat calories

- 1,000 calories per day
- 90 percent of calories come from dietary fat
- Eat five 200-calories “meals” every 3-4 hours

The problem, if it can be called that, is that fat is almost ALL you get to eat while doing it, so it gets boring really fast. But the weight comes off really fast, too, and it is only for a few days. They say the more excess fat a person carries, the faster they'll see it come off due to kickstarting ketosis AND limiting their calories to almost pure fat for that brief period. Your body will burn what you eat and what you carry, storing nothing. Any level of exercise just increases the burn. Once you're well into ketosis, you can back off and gradually reintroduce low level carbs, which will seem like luxury at that point. And you get to buy new pants.

Think of the Atkins Induction phase briefly amped to 11.

No...12.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Down another 9 lbs this week which puts me at 56 lbs in 54 days, if my math is right.