weekly weigh in

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Down 14 lbs. from last Tuesday, which puts me at 17 lbs for the first 2 weeks of the challenge. I am now at 36lbs in 33days.
Down another 11 lbs this week. That makes 47 lbs in 40 days

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today was the first weigh in since I started where I didn't show a loss. I'm going to have to do well for the next to weeks.

musterion

D,

If you're still sticking to the lower carb diet, know that stalls are very common. If you haven't cheated (which is fine, occasionally) then your body may be adapting to the lower carb input. That would mean it's time to ratchet it up a bit, and you'll see progress continue. Just a thought. :)

Also...increased muscle mass from increased protein can offset fat loss and make the scale a liar. The thing there is, how your clothes fit is a better indicator of progress (or lack of it) than the scale. It can look like a stall, but really isn't.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
D,

If you're still sticking to the lower carb diet, know that stalls are very common. If you haven't cheated (which is fine, occasionally) then your body may be adapting to the lower carb input. That would mean it's time to ratchet it up a bit, and you'll see progress continue. Just a thought. :)
Sounds right.

Also...increased muscle mass from increased protein can offset fat loss and make the scale a liar. The thing there is, how your clothes fit is a better indicator of progress (or lack of it) than the scale. It can look like a stall, but really isn't.
I am down a few pant sizes. The fit of my clothing is problematic because I have developed a large abdominal hernia. My doctor asked me if I wanted him to refer me to a surgeon to repair it but when I asked him if it would be a better idea to wait until I lost a bunch more weight he liked that idea a lot.

heir

TOL Subscriber
:shocked: I see all the lady folk aren't too quick to throw their weight around in this thread. I won't either :peach:, but I will say eat. stop. eat. works wonders.

Congrats on all of your weight loss thus far, Delmar. :thumb:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You must be staying away from the local Choke & Puke?

No, that is the whole secret. Puking it back up after you eat it. ;)

As for weight-loss stall....As body efficiency increases, less fuel is required. This is true of all machines. Not one on this universe burns more fuel when it becomes more efficient. So that is a good thing Delmar. Your body needs less, now that you have corrected its chemistry, and you are carrying around less "dead weight".

I can say that because he is a man and his feelings won't get hurt.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, that is the whole secret. Puking it back up after you eat it. ;)

As for weight-loss stall....As body efficiency increases, less fuel is required. This is true of all machines. Not one on this universe burns more fuel when it becomes more efficient. So that is a good thing Delmar. Your body needs less, now that you have corrected its chemistry, and you are carrying around less "dead weight".

I can say that because he is a man and his feelings won't get hurt.
:up: Plus I know you care about me.