weekly weigh in

Dan Emanuel

You do what is right so you do not seem disqualified by those outside the faith...
The only thing He will punish me for, is fear of giving my two mite's --turning His 1 talent that He has entrusted to me, into two, three or even 10 talent's. I don't work for my salvation. I lay up "treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal." Matthew 6:19-20 KJV

Thats what your doing too. ;)
...Not as a measuring stick. Confession of the mouth gives us the measuring stick...
You mean like in 1 Corinthians 11:27 KJV? I think I agree with you . . . .
...This thread should be about body chemistry...
OK.
...Matthew 6

7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
Thats not what its about. I pray in private. I don't vainly repeat anything. I know I am heard. They're are many word's, that much is similar, but thats just what many prayer's look's and sound's like; many word's.

:e4e:

DJ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thats not what its about. I pray in private. I don't vainly repeat anything.

Does this change the meaning? It is the repetition that makes it in vain. Back to the schedule. I made to 7:00 PM again. And from there I had a half rack, PBJ, and pasta.

Dan Emanuel

Does this change the meaning? It is the repetition that makes it in vain. Back to the schedule. I made to 7:00 PM again. And from there I had a half rack, PBJ, and pasta.
I pounded carb's tonight; part of the "carb-loading" part of my schedule. Sometime's, just like how a treadmill "course" program, has "low incline" portion's, my schedule has planned "carb-loading." Its not as fun as you might think, but so far, I'm down 40-50 pound's. Its just slow, and you have to be comfortable with near-term variability. Long-term is all that matter's,1 and like Jack Welch said, to grow long-term, you've got to be able to eat in the short-term.

Tonight its Jack, Red Bull, ice, straw, two can's to two ounce's per cocktail. I'm a lightweight so a couple of these and I'm in the mood for carb's. The sugar's in the Red Bull (and the tiny amount of taurine) prime the insulin pump, and the caffeine ensure's that I'm not more interested in sleep than carb's. Then I pound carb's. If I lose interest in carb's, I make another cocktail and try, try again. Its important that I keep my body used to carb loading because in a disaster, "SHTF" scenario (when our "BOB" (which may have a "BUG" in it) is required, e.g.), I may need to have some fat store's for optimal survival chance's, and this would be a quantifiable measure of how concerned we are about the immediate future. I'm drinking, and have prepared my body to survive for 3-4 week's without much effort on zero food. So, its not that carb loading is alway's a bad thing. And, its more difficult than it seem's. Its work, I.O.W. I work.

When I pray, its not work. :)

DJ

1 --Try to prevent the short term variability from killing you, either physically or of boredom, is what I alway's say. :)

SaulToPaul 2

Longer fasting causes fat loss. But Americans eat all day long.

All of you trying to do what Delmar did can in fact do it, from a body chemistry point of view. Will power is a different subject. But think about it. If you don't put gas in your car, the tank runs low. It can't go into starvation mode and not burn fuel. Neither do people.

I laugh when people are afraid they will go into starvation mode if they miss a meal or two!
Especially when they have 30-40 extra pounds of fat to live on.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I laugh when people are afraid they will go into starvation mode if they miss a meal or two!
Especially when they have 30-40 extra pounds of fat to live on.

instant karma is gettin' me 35 years later, i'm slowly approaching 200 lbs
and i can't change my habits. i have no will power and eat just as i ate all my life, like a pig, eating anything at anytime i want - it's not working cuz my bird legs aren't built to carry my massive girth -

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Longer fasting causes fat loss. But Americans eat all day long.

All of you trying to do what Delmar did can in fact do it, from a body chemistry point of view. Will power is a different subject. But think about it. If you don't put gas in your car, the tank runs low. It can't go into starvation mode and not burn fuel. Neither do people.

I agree with all that, but would add that running on will power does not work out too well without a plan for when you reach the rough patches. If you skip a couple of meals, when you break your fast, the tendency is to eat like there is no tomorrow. This is when it is important to have the next couple of meals mapped out ahead of time.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
instant karma is gettin' me 35 years later, i'm slowly approaching 200 lbs
and i can't change my habits. i have no will power and eat just as i ate all my life, like a pig, eating anything at anytime i want - it's not working cuz my bird legs aren't built to carry my massive girth -

What a coincidence. I am slowly approaching 200 lbs as well. Though I am coming at it from the other direction :D

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meat, eggs, and salads are my staples.
Of course I have pizza or lasagna on my Friday cheat meal. :chew:
:up: I try to avoid carbs on cheat days lest they become cheat months. the bread group really is my crack!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you skip a couple of meals, when you break your fast, the tendency is to eat like there is no tomorrow. This is when it is important to have the next couple of meals mapped out ahead of time.

That seems to be a trend for many people.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I agree with all that, but would add that running on will power does not work out too well without a plan for when you reach the rough patches. If you skip a couple of meals, when you break your fast, the tendency is to eat like there is no tomorrow. This is when it is important to have the next couple of meals mapped out ahead of time.

I love to eat so I have to fill my tummy with something healthy to keep me from gaining weight. Avoid all greasy food and snacks.

My main meal is salad with everything in for three times a day.

My salad consist of lean protein, oatmeal and of course lots of veggies.

And I eat bread and peanut butter with cheese for snacks in between.

Yes, I cheat from time to time too.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This image reminds me of Brutus the Barber Beefcake.

Martin Berkhan said:
Again, right on point. Even today, 12 years after Gladwell's article was published, there's no compelling evidence that shows the superiority of low carb diets in the long-term.

I can't say I fully agree, although he isn't all that off either. If you read the book from Dr Atkins, the low carb intake is temporary. They are to be added back in. But you are to trade Twinkies, pasta, and cookies for fruits and vegetables. You are to increase your intake until equilibrium is reached. 20 net carbs is only induction, and I am thinking many people fail to keep it under than amount.

And there are many studies that show lowering carbohydrate intake (energy) for a lifetime reduces fat.