weekly weigh in

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ya know i was kiddin', i'm 5' 11" and a half. in the last 2 months i have gained 20 pounds and it won't go away, i'm up to 194 lbs. plus i'm probably getting shorter since i'm approaching 50, lol.

Start with skipping breakfast. This includes not eating late or night snacks. Eat midday with limited carbs. Do it for 2 months. Going without breakfast for most adults who have been eating 3 squares a day is a lifestyle change. It is hard to do for many.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Start with skipping breakfast. This includes not eating late or night snacks. Eat midday with limited carbs. Do it for 2 months. Going without breakfast for most adults who have been eating 3 squares a day is a lifestyle change. It is hard to do for many.

that's been my problem, late night meals and snacks. but i strarted making changes 2 days before i posted that. i don't mind feeling hungry for long periods; i can block that out.

it's once i start to eat i can't stop. i want salty then sweet, then salty then sweet over and over. i'm akin to a glutton, but the extra weight affects my balance, breathing, even tying my shoes.

it does take a lifestyle change and a conscience effort all day everyday. i do have a recently diagnosed liver problem and the meds for that and other meds may be causing some of the weight.

Dan Emanuel

that's been my problem, late night meals and snacks...once i start to eat i can't stop. i want salty then sweet, then salty then sweet over and over...
Your speaking my language. :D

I don't differentiate between "I can't stop" and "I don't want to stop" though. To me they're the same thing, and thinking "I can't stop" is less in line with my firm belief in free will.

They're are thing's that are beyond our control, granted. I don't believe you can will your severed limb to regenerate itself. A verified disease is a disease of the body, not of the soul. Sinfulness is a disease of the body. (You mentioned gluttony.)
...it does take a lifestyle change and a conscience effort all day everyday....
I don't think so, not once you've made the change permanent. Unless thats what you meant, which it probably is. :)

DJ

Dan Emanuel

There is something about a good long fast that is appealing to me...
I find it to be almost a spiritual experience in and of itself, though I think it is merely fertile soil for spirituality, and they correlate. :idunno:

I did four day's recently. Lost 8 pound's. After the second day, its not that tough. I guess by that time the body figure's its in for the long haul, and decide's to knock off the hunger/appetite pang's.
...I think it is the sense of discipline, and taking authority over what my flesh wants.
You can see 1 aspect of how you're flesh work's, very clearly, when you fast. :thumb: It help's cut through the haze.

DJ

SaulToPaul 2

I find it to be almost a spiritual experience in and of itself, though I think it is merely fertile soil for spirituality, and they correlate. :idunno:

I did four day's recently. Lost 8 pound's. After the second day, its not that tough. I guess by that time the body figure's its in for the long haul, and decide's to knock off the hunger/appetite pang's.
You can see 1 aspect of how you're flesh work's, very clearly, when you fast. :thumb: It help's cut through the haze.

DJ

I've found that on the rare days that I do eat both breakfast and lunch, I'm just as hungry at 5pm as when I fast....or even hungrier.

:chew:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't think so. God has offered reconciliation as enemies. to all the world. There is no fasting for anybody in that regard.

I did four day's recently. Lost 8 pound's.

Yep. When you don't put more fuel in the tank, it has to burn what was already there.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Research shows fat is the bodies food supply. When we put a bunch of carbs in it year round, and not just at the harvest, we stop burning fat and start storing it. Hence, God saying don't be a glutton.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PJ the Great, you can also lower your carbohydrate intake. Complex (noodles, bread, potatoes) or simple carbs (ice cream) do the same thing in the body. It is tough to start because you have to shop differently. I have to make my lunch often and take it with me because of the job. That means the chicken and green beans are cooked the day before.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

PJ the Great, you can also lower your carbohydrate intake. Complex (noodles, bread, potatoes) or simple carbs (ice cream) do the same thing in the body. It is tough to start because you have to shop differently. I have to make my lunch often and take it with me because of the job. That means the chicken and green beans are cooked the say before.

Meat, eggs, and salads are my staples.
Of course I have pizza or lasagna on my Friday cheat meal. :chew:

Dan Emanuel

I don't think so. God has offered reconciliation as enemies. to all the world. There is no fasting for anybody in that regard...
Well, of course . . . "in that regard." We are only now the seed form of what we will become at the Resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:38 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 KJV), at the coming of our Lord (1 Corinthians 15:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV).

In the meantime, while we await our new body's, the question is, what do we do now? The Church has from the start seen value in fasting as a spiritual discipline, as a way to keep occupied while we await His coming. They're even a suggestion in 1 Corinthians 7:5 KJV that we even might benefit from abstaining from the procreative marital act for a time . . . in my mind, for a similar reason, to abstaining from food for a time. Fasting and prayer go together in Pauls view.

I pray decade's of the Rosary, myself, when I pray.

:)
...Yep. When you don't put more fuel in the tank, it has to burn what was already there.
We're like a tire with a slow leak on the valve stem. If we don't add air, then we will slowly, but surely, deflate.

;)

DJ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In the meantime, while we await our new body's, the question is, what do we do now?

You do what is right so you do not seem disqualified by those outside the faith. Not as a measuring stick. Confession of the mouth gives us the measuring stick.

I pray decade's of the Rosary, myself, when I pray.

This thread should be about body chemistry.

Matthew 6

7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Dan Emanuel

I've found that on the rare days that I do eat both breakfast and lunch, I'm just as hungry at 5pm as when I fast....or even hungrier.

:chew:
I tell myself: Every other animal on the planet has dry spell's. They go day's, week's sometime's, with little to nothing to eat. Do you think their crying about it? No! Why am I acting so entitled to three-square? Get over it. You've got enough store's/extra weight to last you a month. And you're doctor said that fasting is absolutely not bad for you're ticker.

:)

DJ