ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

God's Truth

I have a couple of questions.

1. Ultimately, all Israel will be part of the body of Christ, right?

All Israel will be saved does not mean everyone of the Jewish descent will be saved. It means that God did not cut off all Jews and stop ANY AND ALL of them from being saved. If God would have cut off all Jews forever then some who could have been saved and part of the true Israel would not have been saved.

2. What does it mean that if we are in Christ, we are heirs of Abraham according to the promise?

Abraham had faith. Not all the Jews had faith. The old law was NOT based on faith. That means someone could do the purification/ceremonial works and not have faith but still be called a child of God.

Abraham OBEYED AND HAD FAITH.

God cut off all the Jews who did NOT HAVE FAITH.

God came to make a NEW Covenant that required faith.

3. My great grandmother was a Jew. Am I a Jew, or Gentile?

It makes NO difference to God anymore if you are a Jew or not.

It mattered for a time because God PROMISED ABRAHAM that He would send the Messiah through Abraham's own flesh and blood.

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Since Jesus came, God only cares about those who come to Him through Jesus' blood.

God's Truth

Thanks for the reply.

So when a Jew receives Christ, they are no longer part of Israel, because they have become part of the Body?

The first book in the Bible tells us who and what Israel is. See Genesis 32:28.

Genesis 32:28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome.”

Did you see that? The one who struggles with God and with men and overcomes…

And Jesus in the last book of the Bible confirms this message. See these scriptures in Revelation. Read what Jesus says about overcoming.

Revelation 21:7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

And there is only one way a person can overcome this world, and that is through Jesus Christ our Savior.

1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Therefore, who and what is Israel---Israel is people who overcome by faith in Jesus Christ.

Just as Jacob is called Israel by overcoming, we too are Israel by overcoming by faith in Jesus.

God's Truth

How very Christian of you!

I agree with the fact that NOW, for the TIME BEING, this is true WITHOUT DISTINCTION in the BODY OF CHRIST.

Your problem is that you think that God has abandoned HIS PEOPLE that He foreknew.

There will come a time when they BOTH enjoy the fulfillment of ALL THINGS, including the restoration of the kingdom of Israel.

It is NOT about this earthy world.

There is only one gospel, and ALL must come to God the same way, through Jesus.

God's Truth

God divorced the nation of Israel on the grounds of their unfaithfulness, and God forbids remarriage to divorced spouses, so the "putting away" of Israel as a nation is permanent.

A JEW is NO Longer married to ANYONE when they DIE TO CHRIST.

God's Truth

Romans 7:3 So then, if she is joined to another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law and is not an adulteress, even if she marries another man. 4 Therefore, my brothers, you also died to the Law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

Interplanner

God did not put a whole nation away forever.

The Israelites are able to be reconciled to God too, if they do not persist in unbelief.

Actually he put them all away. He deals with individuals through Christ, Rom 11:30. There is nothing in the NT about future geo-politics. There is however, an 'Israel', that is by faith, that is a play-on-words of the old covenant one.

God's Truth

God divorced the nation of Israel on the grounds of their unfaithfulness, and God forbids remarriage to divorced spouses, so the "putting away" of Israel as a nation is permanent.

God forbids remarriage to divorced spouses who were MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE after the divorce..

Interplanner

God forbids remarriage to divorced spouses who were MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE after the divorce..

Do you mean while they are married, or are you putting a special limit on the 3rd one for some reason (original, second is allowed, third is prohibited because of the 2nd)?

God's Truth

Actually he put them all away. He deals with individuals through Christ, Rom 11:30. There is nothing in the NT about future geo-politics. There is however, an 'Israel', that is by faith, that is a play-on-words of the old covenant one.

God cut off unbelieving Jews before Jesus started his earthly ministry.

God's Truth

Do you mean while they are married, or are you putting a special limit on the 3rd one for some reason (original, second is allowed, third is prohibited because of the 2nd)?

When a man and woman divorce, and the women marries another man, and then divorces that man---the first husband cannot take her back because she is defiled.

Jamie Gigliotti

This says otherwise.
"remember you were at that time, separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Isreal and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world." Ephesians 2:12

Christ is equated with Israel.

Danoh

This says otherwise.
"remember you were at that time, separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Isreal and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world." Ephesians 2:12

Christ is equated with Israel.

And the point of that passage is in light of Romans 1:18-3:30.

Prior to Romans 1:18-3:30's impact - prior to that - back when the issue had been the commonwealth of Israel and its' covenants of promise, those Gentiles who blessed Israel were blessed in turn.

While those Gentiles who submitted to Israel's Covenant of Circumcision and the Law were as one of the nation of Israel.

Both these kinds of Gentiles had to do something towards said blessing.

For the Gentiles were without (outside of) all that because God had given them up to their own ways just before He called Abram out from among them and began a next phase in His plan and purpose as to His reconciling of the Earth back unto Himself.

That was before what Rom. 3:21.

But Now, Rom. 3:21 and Eph. 2: 13 in light of Rom. 3:21 - But Now - IN CHRIST...

...all that has been temporarily set aside, and both have equal access to God in His New Creature: the Body of Christ, given God's plan and purpose as to His reconciling those fallen Heavenly places back unto Himself.

This New Creature is comprised, not of the nation Israel, nor of the nations, but of individuals, regardless of national status - "for ALL have" been concluded as having "sinned" or "come short of the glory of God."

In this, it is absolute, replacement theology nonsense to conclude that Gentile individuals made nigh together with Jewish individuals - not nations, nor the nation Israel, are now Israel.

But Now is IN Christ.

In this NEW Creature that God is forming IN CHRIST.

That is neither Isaiah 2:1-5; nor does it negate it.

Isaiah 2:1-5 concerns God's plan and purpose for HIS reconciling of the Earth back under HIS dominion thru ISRAEL as HIS Kingdom of Preists, Ex. 19:6.

Exodus 19:3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Unless verse 4 is also the metaphor that fools continually assert the rest of that supposedly is.

Jamie Gigliotti

And the point of that passage is in light of Romans 1:18-3:30.

Prior to Romans 1:18-3:30's impact - prior to that - back when the issue had been the commonwealth of Israel and its' covenants of promise, those Gentiles who blessed Israel were blessed in turn.

While those Gentiles who submitted to Israel's Covenant of Circumcision and the Law were as one of the nation of Israel.

Both these kinds of Gentiles had to do something towards said blessing.

For the Gentiles were without (outside of) all that because God had given them up to their own ways just before He called Abram out from among them and began a next phase in His plan and purpose as to His reconciling of the Earth back unto Himself.

That was before what Rom. 3:21.

But Now, Rom. 3:21 and Eph. 2: 13 in light of Rom. 3:21 - But Now - IN CHRIST...

...all that has been temporarily set aside, and both have equal access to God in His New Creature: the Body of Christ, given God's plan and purpose as to His reconciling those fallen Heavenly places back unto Himself.

This New Creature is comprised, not of the nation Israel, nor of the nations, but of individuals, regardless of national status - "for ALL have" been concluded as having "sinned" or "come short of the glory of God."

In this, it is absolute, replacement theology nonsense to conclude that Gentile individuals made nigh together with Jewish individuals - not nations, nor the nation Israel, are now Israel.

But Now is IN Christ.

In this NEW Creature that God is forming IN CHRIST.

That is neither Isaiah 2:1-5; nor does it negate it.

Isaiah 2:1-5 concerns God's plan and purpose for HIS reconciling of the Earth back under HIS dominion thru ISRAEL as HIS Kingdom of Preists, Ex. 19:6.

Exodus 19:3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Unless verse 4 is also the metaphor that fools continually assert the rest of that supposedly is.

And yet Romans 2:29 says a Jew is one whose heart has been circumcised by the Spirit.

Also Revelation 1:6 clearly says He made us His Kingdom of priests.