ECT water baptism

dodge

Wise up.

Matt 20:22-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:22) But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (20:23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.

There is NO water in those baptizo's

You wise up Jesus was baptized , Paul was baptized , and every person in the NT was water baptized. MAD has made those who believe it think they can disobey God without any consequences ! WRONG.

YOU cannot provide one verse in the NT that says water baptism was removed or done away with. All you can provide is an argument from silence and if we go there how do you know you are not following and believing what Satan wants you to believe ?

dodge

So that's it - dodge is GT in drag.

:rotfl:

What is a GT, and no I am nor have I ever been in drag to any one or anything.

IF your comfortable ignoring what Jesus commanded His followers yo do then you might just be a deceiver in drag.

dodge

Ya might wanna order Trudeau's Mega-Memory - both parts :chuckle:

Numbers 19:18 And a clean person shall take hyssop, and dip it in the water,

The verse I was talking about was :

Exo 12:22
And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.

Danoh

You wise up Jesus was baptized , Paul was baptized , and every person in the NT was water baptized. MAD has made those who believe it think they can disobey God without any consequences ! WRONG.

YOU cannot provide one verse in the NT that says water baptism was removed or done away with. All you can provide is an argument from silence and if we go there how do you know you are not following and believing what Satan wants you to believe ?

No; you're just too set in your off-base approach to the study of these things going in for RD's and LightHouse's sound posts on this issue to have their intended impact.

Lay out a short study - using Scripture - on why Jesus was water baptized.

You will fail to take certain passages into account.

It is...your recurrent...pattern.

dodge

Remember when Barnabas was carried away in the dissimulation of Peter? Dissimulation,,,is a fairly strong word Paul used to explain what Peter did wouldn’t it seem Galatians 2:13 KJV

That had ZERO to do with 2 different messages. Peter was trying to behave as Jew and teach others to be Jewish , because he was afraid of the Jews, and Paul with stood him to his face. Paul corrected Peter and yet Paul never said ONE word about 2 different messages then or ever.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually the reason they do it is because they want so desperately to prove that no obedience is required in order to be saved, and no amount of disobedience can amount to walking away from God (i.e. being lost).

It makes living for God a matter of thinking the thought "I believe", after which time you can live any way you wish. It totally "turns the grace of God into lasciviousness (license to sin)", but of course that scripture was written by Jude, therefore only being applicable to Jews in their view.

They turn any obedience to God into a "work to earn salvation" so they can convince themselves that anything that is easy on their flesh is perfectly ok, and anything that is a "living sacrifice" is poison (lest we try to earn God's grace).

If course they have to also twist Paul's words because he says a lot that doesn't agree with their doctrine, but they are ok with that I guess.

I hate to put it that bluntly, but it is the truth

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I could not agree more.

LA

dodge

No; you're just too set in your off-base approach to the study of these things going in for RD's and LightHouse's sound posts on this issue to have their intended impact.

Already did that !

I will not ignore and change the Gospel message of Jesus and EVERY Apostle to follow the deceived , dark, message of MAD, which distorts and misuses scripture. Thanks but no thanks.

My approach is I believe what Jesus and ALL the Apostles taught not just what Paul taught.

Right Divider

Body part

Typical religious zealot, don't even READ what people post.

YOU said that baptizo ALWAYS means WATER. Look at the TEXT of the VERSES that I quoted.

FOUR baptizo's and NO WATER.... it was a baptizo of DEATH!

SimpleMan77

Maybe Jesus really was our pattern, He as a son, us as adopted sons. Paul seemed to think that Jesus was the ultimate measuring-stick...

Ephesians 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

And again...

Ephesians 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Maybe when Jesus said baptism was required in order for Him to "fulfill all righteousness" we should simply take him at his word, and follow His example.

Houdini would be put to shame with the level of twisting and contorting so many engage in to get around simple obedience.

whitestone

That had ZERO to do with 2 different messages. Peter was trying to behave as Jew and teach others to be Jewish , because he was afraid of the Jews, and Paul with stood him to his face. Paul corrected Peter and yet Paul never said ONE word about 2 different messages then or ever.

Barnabas and Paul parted company (different reason=J.Mark) in Acts 15:39 KJV ,Paul is reciting an event from approx. 17 years before hand in Galatians,,,so the event he(Paul) is speaking of is prior to acts 15 correct?

dodge

Typical religious zealot, don't even READ what people post.

YOU said that baptizo ALWAYS means WATER. Look at the TEXT of the VERSES that I quoted.

FOUR baptizo's and NO WATER.... it was a baptizo of DEATH!

1. NO one can earn their salvation.

2. Salvation is provided through and by Jesus.

3. God requires repentance. You don't repent you are not saved . It really is that simple.

4. Salvation is a gift from God when we place our faith in HIS finished work.

5.You cannot ignore what scripture teaches twist Paul's teachings from scripture and do as you please. Like it or not God requires repentance and faith to receive GRACE. You don't repent and have faith you will not receive GRACE from God you will receive WRATH and that is what scripture teaches.

MAD is truly MEN ADVOCATING DECEPTION.

dodge

Barnabas and Paul parted company (different reason=J.Mark) in Acts 15:39 KJV ,Paul is reciting an event from approx. 17 years before hand in Galatians,,,so the event he(Paul) is speaking of is prior to acts 15 correct?

Whitestone, IF you have a statement or point make it. I don't mean to be rude, but I am multi tasking helping my 7 year old grand daughter with her home work ,and discussing baptism with those who think it is OK to disobey God.

Danoh

Maybe Jesus really was our pattern, He as a son, us as adopted sons. Paul seemed to think that Jesus was the ultimate measuring-stick...

Ephesians 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

And again...

Ephesians 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Maybe when Jesus said baptism was required in order for Him to "fulfill all righteousness" we should simply take him at his word, and follow His example.

Houdini would be put to shame with the level of twisting and contorting so many engage in to get around simple obedience.

I see you also haven't a clue as to why Jesus was water baptized....

You're sharp. Way sharper than dodge, and even sharper, at times, then the often sharp: Turbo.

But you both apply your respective sharpness absent of key study principles that ever turn out having been applied by all where ever and when ever people who are normally not on the same page on one thing, or another, end up on a same page on some things.

There is a recurrent pattern of principles evident that both sides have followed where there is agreement, that one of them has not, where they each end up at a different, if not a radically different...understanding.

whitestone

Whitestone, IF you have a statement or point make it. I don't mean to be rude, but I am multi tasking helping my 7 year old grand daughter with her home work ,and discussing baptism with those who think it is OK to disobey God.

well if you agree so far then you will then find that the event Paul is referring to is Acts 10:45-48 KJV where Peter both states he witnessed them receive the "gift" and command them to be baptised (Jewish rite/washing) because he was being quizzed by those same Jews.

Danoh

Sheesh. Forget the multi-tasking.

Give her your undivided attention. You won't always have each other.

Duh-uh.

dodge

You're sharp. Way sharper than dodge, and even sharper, at times, then the often sharp: Turbo.

But you both apply your respective sharpness absent of key study principles that ever turn out having been applied by all where ever and when ever people who are normally not on the same page on one thing, or another, end up on a same page on some things.

There is a recurrent pattern of principles evident that both sides have followed where there is agreement, that one of them has not, where they each end up at a different, if not a radically different...understanding.

Have you ever read where Jesus said , Unless you have the faith as of a child you will in no way enter the kingdom of heaven" ?

Instead of arguing with scripture it is much more in the line "as of the faith of a child" to simply believe it because Jesus said it ,and do as HE says instead of making arguments and excuses to disobey Him.

dodge

well if you agree so far then you will then find that the event Paul is referring to is Acts 10:45-48 KJV where Peter both states he witnessed them receive the "gift" and command them to be baptised (Jewish rite/washing) because he was being quizzed by those same Jews.

In Matthew Jesus sent the Apostles to the nations not just to Israel.

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

SimpleMan77

I think I leave you scratching your head sometimes, because you don't agree with me, but there is no rebuttal to what I say.

Consider this... if Paul was as actively opposed to the works of faith (obedience) as some insist he was, he would have ran as far as he could away from water baptism, knowing the tendency of human nature to affix a high value on anything that was that closely connected with conversion.

Instead, you find him baptizing some, and having others baptized by his assistants. The Bible doesn't record the details of what was taught the night of the earthquake, but something Paul and Silas said convinced the jailer that baptism was so important that paul had him baptized between midnight and dawn.

Paul was a lion-heart. Anyone who would rebuke Peter to his face for sliding back into his law-habits would not hesitate to stand loudly and proudly for truth, as evidenced by him charging on full-speed in the face of prophecies about his ultimate incarceration and death.

Paul promoted baptism for both Jews, Gentiles, and re-baptism for those who had not been baptized in the name of Jesus.