Water Baptism passed away in this dispensation

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for the offer, but I don't think I want to go back to the fellowship of Lemmings.:) :) :) :)

I did not offer you fellowship as you were not interested in fellowship in the Light: I just pointed out that you are not interested in the Light, but in a factious heresy.

The population density within a 75 mile radius of Bowling Green is heavy, and as you said, it is in the heart of the Bible belt, and that is why you cannot find ''fellowship' in that dense population of Bible Believers, for those who know the Word will not fall for the gnostic heresy of MAD doctrine and will shun your doctrine as the plague.

CiY127

NT scholarship and textual criticism refutes this nonsense. Constantine was hundreds of years after the MSS evidence for the Book of Matthew. Mt. 28 is not a disputed passage like the later interpolation of I Jn. 5:7.

It is a topic for another thread, but did you even read it? Textual criticism can only go as far as the existant MSS. Those MSS that are older than AD 325 are mysteriously missing this passage. All MSS after AD 325 have the variant reading. This does not, however, make it authentic. Internal and external evidence stronly suggests it is an addition to the text. So, supply the "NT scholarship" that refutes it, or at least supply a link.

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
The population density within a 75 mile radius of Bowling Green is heavy, and as you said, it is in the heart of the Bible belt, and that is why you cannot find ''fellowship' in that dense population of Bible Believers, for those who know the Word will not fall for the gnostic heresy of MAD doctrine and will shun your doctrine as the plague.

Hmmm...:think:

So, quantity and large numbers DEFINE truth.:vomit: If you lived in San Francisco, Kuwait, India, Russia, etc., one would NOT find any fundamental Bible Believing church. One would find MANY false religions. So, according to your logic, then the people with the larger numbers have the truth.

Maybe you should go to Utah, I am sure you will find many churches you could join. The church of Mormon is everywhere to be found.

As far as rightly dividing or dispenational grace churches, not the name you describe the theology, in which you like to "call names" as it clearly shows your immaturity. :baby: :baby: There are many churches throughout the United States that believe in right division. Some areas don't have any, while others have numerous such churches, it all depends where you live.

Brother John

It's sad, :( how so many Christians lack the ability to grow becouse of there bias, toward the fellowship of lemmings.:nono: :nono: :nono:

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
It's sad, :( how so many Christians lack the ability to grow becouse of there bias, toward the fellowship of lemmings.:nono: :nono: :nono:

Well Brother...

I am a Christian.
I am happy to be part of a growing, spiritually active church family.

We are not lemmings.

I think you may have an extremely narrow view, judging who is and is not Christian.

Brother John

"I think you may have an extremely narrow view, judging who is and is not Christian."
I don't remember saying anyone was or was not a Christian, the fact is
I said "It's sad, how so many Christians lack the ability to grow because of there bias, toward the fellowship of lemmings." :doh:
In response to:
"gnostic heresy of MAD doctrine", which I would describe as "not a Christian" :kookoo:
If you interpret the Bible with the same bais as you did my post, it's you that you should be worrying about having "an extremely narrow view" and judging:duh: .

Last edited:

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
"I think you may have an extremely narrow view, judging who is and is not Christian."
I don't remember saying anyone was or was not a Christian, the fact is
I said "It's sad, how so many Christians lack the ability to grow becouse of there bias, toward the fellowship of lemmings." :doh:
In response to:
"gnostic heresy of MAD doctrine", which I would describe as "not a Christian" :kookoo:
If you interpreter the Bible with the same bais as you did my post, its you that you should be worrying about having "an extremely narrow view" and judging:duh: .

Save your snotty little comments for somebody else.

...I'd also suggest you work on your grammar and spelling.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
The Apostle Paul got saved in Acts 9.

He was commissioned by the ascended lord Jesus Christ to be the Apostle of the Gentiles.

After Paul got saved, God gave Peter a vision (Acts 10:9-17), which showed that Israel had been set aside. They were no longer God’s special people. This was shown when the law of clean and unclean animals (Lev 20:24-26) was set aside.

This was a dispensational sign from God that something had changed.

The change - God had started a new program when He saved Paul.

However, since God only revealed the mystery and its gospel of grace to the Apostle Paul, Peter was still preaching his same faith-works and baptism message he had always preached. Acts 10:34-43 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ - He is Lord of all - 37 that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they killed by hanging on a tree. 40 Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42 And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. 43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Because the body of Christ started with Paul’s salvation, God had a new plan.

How did the Holy Spirit show this new plan? The Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word while Peter was still preaching, before they were baptized.
Acts 10:44-46 “While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.”

The Holy Spirit’s work here convinced the circumcision believers.

The response was Wow!

God had opened salvation to the Gentiles.

Remember, at Paul’s conversion in Acts 9, Paul was sent to the Gentiles.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Later in Paul’s second missionary journey the Apostle Paul wrote back to the body of Christ in Corinth about the baptisms which they knew of, in 1 Co 1:14,17: “I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius . . . . For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel.” From this we see that Paul was not under the great commission which was given to the circumcision apostles.

In that same epistle, 1 Co 12:13, he wrote, “For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body; whether Jews or Greeks.” At this point of time, we see that water baptism was fading away.

We also see that God finished showing Israel that they had been set aside.
This had been done in a progressive manner which reached its conclusion in
Acts 28:28.

It started in Acts 13:46, Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.”

It continued in Acts 18:6 But when they opposed him and blasphemed, he shook his garments and said to them, “Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”

It was concluded in Acts 28:28 “Therefore let it be known to you that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will hear it!”

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
After Israel had been shown that they had been set aside, Paul was inspired by God to write about the unity of the Spirit in Ephesians 4:4,5 “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism.”

If there is one baptism, which one is it then?

I think we have seen it must be Spirit baptism since the Holy Spirit is still sealing new members into the body of Christ.

We can see that the gospel message started out with one baptism, water.

This was necessary for salvation.

It progressed to two: water first, necessary for salvation, then, Holy Spirit baptism.

Finally, it returned to one, Holy Spirit, which is now necessary for salvation.

When we believe, He baptizes us into the body of Christ, immediately, and we are sealed, so we cannot lose our salvation.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Brother John

"I think you may have an extremely narrow view, judging who is and is not Christian"

You drew first blood. In fact both of you did, and it was on a very nice first post I made, that, by the way was not toward either of you!

"Save your snotty little comments for somebody else"

If you don't want my snotty little comments, then dont make them to me. Sound fair enough?

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
In your dispensation of grace, how bad a sin is a "work"? Do you remain, or become, unsaved, until you repent of your "work" of Baptism in Jesus's name? Will we hear the awful words, depart from me you who were water Batized in My Name, I never knew you?

How does one become unbaptized, or repent of water Baptism????

Mat 7:22 Actually It sounds like people who were Baptized in the Spirit, and not water!
Mat 7:23 It sounds like they never followed Jesus's commands!
Mat 7:24 It sounds like Jesus expects faith to produce action, or works, like Water Baptism for example!

Mat 7:26 It sounds like someone who did not get the simple commands of God right,{like Baptism}, and thus could not fulfill the weightier parts of the law, like justice and mercy, and were swept away, without them.

I think that it is vitally important to build upon the ROCK, and it starts by being identified with Him through His command to be water Baptized, in His name.

I am certainly as guilty as anyone in trying to follow Jesus in my own way, and not His. But I did "not" disobey His command, to get water Baptized, in His Name, clearly given to His disciples in His Word.

I again strongly urge you to be Baptized in His name.

Perhaps you will "not" feel the need to repent of it, or undo it, once you "act in faith."

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Brother John,

Who were you referring to?

Bob Hill

Hi Bob, Brother John was refering to thelaqashisnext who was thoughtful enough to greet him with:

I take it that you are not looking for fellowship in the Light, then, but in MAD doctrine, only.

and then:

...for those who know the Word will not fall for the gnostic heresy of MAD doctrine and will shun your doctrine as the plague.

and also refering to Parson Jefferson, who jumped him for some reason.

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Bob Hill; After Israel had been shown that they had been set aside, Paul was inspired by God to write about the unity of the Spirit in Ephesians 4:4,5 “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism.”

The One Faith was once delivered to the Saints, and Jude exhorts us to earnestly contend for the Faith once delivered, meaning it was final, finished, and nothing to be added unto.

Gentile Believers are joined to Israel by being adopted into the One Living Spirit who is come in the created new "Israel" flesh of the second human being name.
"Salvation is of the Jews", and Gentiles who come into the name of the New Man receive the spiritual promises that belong naturally to Israel of Jacob, to whom pertains the Adoption, and Believing Gentiles are debtors to natural Israel.

God has a remnant reserved to Himself of the natural branches in His New Man name, which Name all redeemed Gentiles are grafted into and can also be cut off from by unbelief.

Gentiles are debtors to the Jews and Salvation is of the Jews. Some did not believe, but the promises are irrevocable and the spiritual heritage which is irrevocable which is promised to Israel, the Believing Gentiles also share with them.
Israel is formed to establish the heavens, says the Word, and the tabernacle in the wilderness is a type and shadow of that establishment which is to come in the New Man Name, and the Name is "Israel".

Jesus Christ is Israel, God's only begotten Son as to the human kind, the New Man of the second creation who is the Kinsman to Adam of the first human creation.
Adam is one "man" as to being, and Israel is one Man, as to being; we are born in Adam but to be sons of God we must be adopted into Israel by the Spirit of adoption regenerating our being, which is the second birth and is from above.

Christ is the Living Spirit who is come in that second human being flesh, and "Jesus" is "Salvation" in the Hebrew, as "Oshea", "Hoshea", and Isaiah" also are interpreted as.
He is called "Salvation" by we who know Him as His adopted people, but the Father called Him "Israel", and He makes much of Jacob's seed being His namesake, called by His Name.

MAD doctrine is a form of anti-Israel sectarianism which has cut itself off from the Name of the only begotten Son of God by denying His Jewish roots, missing the reason He formed Israel for His glory.

Rom 15:26, 27 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

Israel -Jesus Christ, God the Word, the Hidden God- speaks:
Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called [named] me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
Isa 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou [art] my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Isa 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb [to be] his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm...:think:

So, quantity and large numbers DEFINE truth.:vomit: If you lived in San Francisco, Kuwait, India, Russia, etc., one would NOT find any fundamental Bible Believing church. One would find MANY false religions. So, according to your logic, then the people with the larger numbers have the truth.

Maybe you should go to Utah, I am sure you will find many churches you could join. The church of Mormon is everywhere to be found.

As far as rightly dividing or dispenational grace churches, not the name you describe the theology, in which you like to "call names" as it clearly shows your immaturity. :baby: :baby: There are many churches throughout the United States that believe in right division. Some areas don't have any, while others have numerous such churches, it all depends where you live.
I call MAD a false heretical gnostic dissembling doctrine, which is in the class with all sects who follow men. I do not personally call individuals names, but the doctrine I call for what it is and I use Scripture to show the reason I say so.
I did not say population assures truth 100% but that in the population within a 75 mile radius of Bowling Green there are many Bible Believing Christians who walk in the Light and have fellowship one with another -and I'm related to quite a few of them who do so within that radius and am personally aquainted with many others who love Jesus and walk in the Light, even though they are in different local Churches with different local names.
"brother John" has no fellowship but he seeks no fellowship in the Light, but in MAD doctrine's heresy, only, just as Watchtower followers only want to fellowship among themselves vecause they are not brethren in the One Faith once delivered to the Saints, which Believers are to earnestly contend for..

MAD is not in the Light.
Ps, I have relatives in Utah, too, and hubby's bro-in-law and sis were found of the LORD Jesus by His seeking them till they sought Him, and became born again water baptized Believers who found fellowship in the Light in Ogden Utah -just a couple blocks from their house in a fundamentalist Baptist Church where they fellowshipped for a few years before moving to NC and found fellowship in a different denomination but one also walking in the Light.

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
...for those who know the Word will not fall for the gnostic heresy of MAD doctrine and will shun your doctrine as the plague.
When I lived in KY, we had anointed Bible Believing Preachers who preached the Word of God to us so that we had no doubt who Jesus was and where we stood with him -there was no grey areas of doubt on the issue of Truth after hearing the Truth preached under the anointing: one was walking with the LORD in His Light or one was not, and one knew the difference back then and knew they were willfull and were under judgment, even though they chose to be cold on purpose, which Jesus said He prefers of us, either to be hot or cold. -I chose cold for years and was redeemed by intercessory prayers going up to the Throne above on my behalf by my sister, who thought she'd die under the burden for my soul if God did not relieve her.
-That's what the Bible belt was like in the years gone by, and we old folk remember and will not follow another voice -even if we do not follow Jesus. I can't say any thing for the young ones, however, but enough old ones are still alive and know and will not follow false teachers even if not following Jesus.

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
I think that it is vitally important to build upon the ROCK, and it starts by being identified with Him through His command to be water Baptized, in His name.

I again strongly urge you to be Baptized in His name.

1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

I would strongly urge you to study Gods Word more closely to understand the distinct message and apostleship of Paul.

http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/articles/999291954.html

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

I would strongly urge you to study Gods Word more closely to understand the distinct message and apostleship of Paul.
Jude says to contend earnestly for the Faith once delivered to the Saints.
I strongly exhort you to contend for that One Faith, Once Delivered, to the Saints, and to build upon that Foundation Once, and go on from there in the Doctrine of Christ.

I urge you to learn the doctrine of Christ through the Living Oracles, so you can know what Paul the Apostle laid which others built upon:

I would exhort you to go get built [laid in place] as a stone on the One Foundation , Jesus Christ the Chief Cornerstone -and the twelve Apostles doctrine of Christ taught by their revelatiion in the Oracles- whom He chose as that foundation of the One Faith, and do the first works, before you continue building a false house on a false foundation [the pseudo gospel called MAD]: else Jesus will spew you out of His mouth -as He wrote to the seven churches in Asia through John, which seven Paul the Apostle had ministered to in Jesus name in their beginning.

Paul laid no other foundation than the one Gospel to all in Adam, and no other can be laid.

Paul wrote only to born again, water baptized, Pentecostal, male and female, Jew and Gentile, circumcised and uncircumcised, Corinthian Believers, in the letter you are using a passage from falsely, to wrest into a false foundation for a gnostic heresy.

Paul he admitted he had baptized some of them [even some of the Jews] who were among them, and admitted he laid the foundation which others built upon.

Examine the Foundation from the Word of God, Petrix, and what they built upon that One Foundation by obedience to the Gospel of Christ, and see by the Word that your pseudo gospel has no relation to the One Faith once delivered [finished and final] to all men by Christ Jesus, who was in the world, reconciling the world to Himself:

Hebrews 6:
Therefore leaving the principles [the ABC”S] of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

[Not laying again the foundation which includes]:

Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

And this will we do, if God permit.

For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

Paul uses the term ‘schoolmaster’ for the Law of Moses, delivered to the Jews, only, and used by the Holy Spirit as a tutor to teach the doctrine of Christ, and the author of Hebrews also used the term. Learn the ABC’s of the doctrine of Christ, Petrix, by the Living Oracles teaching you by the Holy Spirit enlightening you, or you cannot be a teacher in His One Body, which is His One Church.

Romans 3:1, “What advantage has the Jews?”; says Paul:
Rom 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
Hbr 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles [ABC’S] of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

The Oracles [Paul's term] indeed teach the One Way to Christ [the perfection in Spirit by His Living Way] by the One Atonement offered Once for all human beings, and accepted in the Season of His “Acceptable Sacrifice”, which opened the Way into heaven by the perfection in Spirit for whosoever will, because of the Final, finished, accepted offering of His “Kinsman” to Adam blood.