ECT WAS ISRAEL REALLY SET ASIDE AND WHEN ??

Right Divider

Body part
"Their house" was a known expression for that temple.

Christ contrasted it with himself, calling himself a temple, in Jn 2:18+
Heb 10:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:21) And [having] an high priest over the house of God;

1Pet 4:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:17) For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?

These don't refer to the temple.

genuineoriginal

As I said, there is a natural and a spiritual. The Bible is full of deeper meanings.
  • Gnosticism is the belief that salvation is based on mystical or esoteric knowledge that few will have.
  • Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that, when presented with competing hypothetical answers to a problem, one should select the one that makes the fewest assumptions.

Guess which of these two sides you are on and which I am on.

marhig

• Gnosticism is the belief that salvation is based on mystical or esoteric knowledge that few will have.
  • Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that, when presented with competing hypothetical answers to a problem, one should select the one that makes the fewest assumptions.

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about, I've never looked into those things. I only read the Bible and not much else.

Salvation is through Christ Jesus, through faith by the grace of God. He is the way the truth and the life. His way, is the way to the father.

Danoh

Given your crystal clear obvious departure from 2 Timothy 2: 15's context when you Greeked its "rightly dividing the word of truth" I'd say you're more relying a gnostic approach then even you are aware of.

Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Danoh

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about, I've never looked into those things. I only read the Bible and not much else.

Salvation is through Christ Jesus, through faith by the grace of God. He is the way the truth and the life. His way, is the way to the father.

Those who hold that the Spirit still leads people outside of His now complete written Word, are actually practicing a form of mysticism.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

genuineoriginal

Given your crystal clear obvious departure from 2 Timothy 2: 15's context when you Greeked its "rightly dividing the word of truth" I'd say you're more relying a gnostic approach then even you are aware of.

Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Your assumption that the English in the KJV is an accurate translation of the Greek is coupled with the assumption that the English in the KJV is no different than modern English and is also coupled with the many other assumptions you have from Dispensationalism.
My assumption that the English translation is not going to be accurate is simple to prove or disprove by checking a Greek-English dictionary.

Danoh

Your assumption that the English in the KJV is an accurate translation of the Greek is coupled with the assumption that the English in the KJV is no different than modern English and is also coupled with the many other assumptions you have from Dispensationalism.
My assumption that the English translation is not going to be accurate is simple to prove or disprove by checking a Greek-English dictionary.

Well, you sure are good at coming up with all sorts of assumptions, followed by running with them.

:chuckle:

And take my use of the phrase "running with them" there.

Would that be similar to "running with" a buddy around a track?

Nope.

Would I need to rely on some "Greek" equivalent in order to arrive at the intended meaning of "running with" as to each its intended use?

Nope.

Just a matter of noting the things that differ within each use of that phrase.

Dictionaries and such have their uses.

But the mark of an amateur is ever an over reliance on "a dictionary" for what a word might possibly mean.

This is Basic Elementary School Reading 101.

Only when it comes to Scripture, do men find the need to get overly technical about the possible meaning of one word or another, with their ever endless over relying on their equally ever endless books "about."

2 Timothy 2:20 BUT in a great house there are NOT ONLY vessels of gold and of silver, BUT ALSO of wood and of earth; and SOME TO, and SOME TO dishonour.

Slice it and dice it how you continue to assume you must, a DISTINCTION between things that DIFFER from one another, remains obvious NOT ONLY throughout those passages, BUT throughout that chapter.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

DAN P

Well, you sure are good at coming up with all sorts of assumptions, followed by running with them.

:chuckle:

And take my use of the phrase "running with them" there.

Would that be similar to "running with" a buddy around a track?

Nope.

Would I need to rely on some "Greek" equivalent in order to arrive at the intended meaning of "running with" as to each its intended use?

Nope.

Just a matter of noting the things that differ within each use of that phrase.

Dictionaries and such have their uses.

But the mark of an amateur is ever an over reliance on "a dictionary" for what a word might possibly mean.

This is Basic Elementary School Reading 101.

Only when it comes to Scripture, do men find the need to get overly technical about the possible meaning of one word or another, with their ever endless over relying on their equally ever endless books "about."

2 Timothy 2:20 BUT in a great house there are NOT ONLY vessels of gold and of silver, BUT ALSO of wood and of earth; and SOME TO, and SOME TO dishonour.

Slice it and dice it how you continue to assume you must, a DISTINCTION between things that DIFFER from one another, remains obvious NOT ONLY throughout those passages, BUT throughout that chapter.

Hi , danoh , and we see why 2 Tim 2:15 is important and why the Greeks word all transliterated and we see that translations are not inspired and that excludes DOUBLE INSPIRATION and I believe there are many mistakes in all translations and do not believe in KJV-ONLY !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi , danoh , and we see why 2 Tim 2:15 is important and why the Greeks word all transliterated and we see that translations are not inspired and that excludes DOUBLE INSPIRATION and I believe there are many mistakes in all translations and do not believe in KJV-ONLY !!

dan p

That I know of, only non-MAD KJVOs assert that the KJV is an inspired translation.

And maybe some of the Hybrids as "MADs."

You'll have to ask those of their number on here.

Interplanner

If Israel was set aside, why would a new apostle (Paul) be raised to go to them?

Paul appealed to them all through Acts and in Rom 11 to participate in the mission work of the Gospel. The appeal was really a generation long, considering that Christ had said the house was forsaken during his work, Mt 23, yet the last scene of Acts is prob about 63 AD.

Jerry Shugart

And he was going to both Jews and Gentiles with...

The gospel of the UNCIRCUMCISION.

Wrong as usual!

Paul didn't even receive the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles until sometime after Acts 9. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period and that Paul did not preach the gospel of the uncircumcision at Acts 9.

marhig

But the historical-grammatical method is to get as close as possible to the original meaning in the situation in the text, to avoid 'deeper' because that would only be our thoughts about many other things, far removed in time from the original situation.
God reveals directly into the hearts of those who love him, teaching them the truth and giving them understanding by progressive revelation through Christ by the power of the spirit, the more we are willing to lay down our lives for the father, the stronger we become in the Spirit and the more we will start to see and hear, but many aren't willing to let their lives in the flesh and the world go.

Those who obey God and live by his will, start to receive Revelation bit by bit, just like the natural dawning of the day as everything starts to appear slowly as the sun rises and the light increases. But for us it's the son of God who brings our light, enlightening our hearts through the Spirit as we turn from sin and obey God. Unless we are living by the will of God we won't hear or see anything, we can know the scriptures inside out, but without the Spirit we won't understand the depth of them. Many would have thought that the rivers of living water were a natural river if it hadn't been been explained that is the Holy Spirit in the Bible. The whole Bible is full of the Spirit, but many seem to just be looking at it all naturally. Paul is very strong in the Spirit as is Peter, Jude, John etc. These scriptures are hard to understand because they are speaking in the Spirit.

Wells without water aren't natural wells, but God's people gone wrong with no living word springing up in their hearts, having none of the living water that we receive from God through Christ. These are wells filled with the dust of the flesh again, turning back to the death that they were brought out of, after being brought to life through Christ, they turn back again loving Egypt and Sodom and crucifying Christ afresh as they love their lives, before loving God, having no water for those that thirst for the word of God, because they put their flesh first.

Do you think the book of Revelation is all natural? The Bible is a spiritual book, written by men full of the Spirit and inspired by the living God. From Genesis through to Revelation is full of the deeper things of God. Look at Jesus and what he says, he's speaking in the Spirit not the flesh, he explains some parables, but most of what he says is in the Spirit like the parables are. That's why he says, those who have ears to hear, hear. Jesus speaks of the ears and eyes of the heart not natural ears and eyes. His words are Spirit and they are life.

Also, we are the house of God, not the natural country of Israel. And we're the house made by the hand of God, a temple made without natural hands, living stones with the prophets and the apostles as our Foundation and Christ is the cornerstone of us all, and the building is kept straight and strong through Christ, as we follow him, and obey God, he is the way, the truth and the life. And this is not a natural temple, natural buildings mean nothing to God, the true temple is our bodies, where the living God dwells within our hearts, strengthening us, building us up, teaching us and helping us to overcome the world and our flesh, through Christ by the power of the Spirit, in those who truly love him and live by his will daily following Christ Jesus in their lives. And these are doers of the word and not hearers only, those who truly love God, worship him in Spirit and in truth, and they live their lives to please him before themselves or anyone else.

Interplanner

The text is:

Heb 9:10:
then he said 'Here am I; I have come to do Your Will.' He (God) sets aside the first (covenant) to establish the second. and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Christ once for all.'

Danoh

Wrong as usual!

Paul didn't even receive the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles until sometime after Acts 9. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period and that Paul did not preach the gospel of the uncircumcision at Acts 9.

Yo, Bullin-junior, in the past, I've laid out Scripture on the following several times - where is Paul's return again to Damascus depicted in Acts?

Another key that goes right past you and all who parrot the Bullingerite /Moore-ite / Brackin-ite "more than one gospel of (preached by) Paul" error.

Acts 17: 11, 12

Danoh

That does not change what Paul said and you know it. You have no answer!

Yes it does change things.

You're just clueless about where that return of his to Damascus us depicted in Acts.

One more reason why you erroneously conclude it does not disprove your Bullinger-ite / Moor-ite "more than one gospel preached by Paul" error.

Acts 17: 11, 12