Warmbier deserved his cruel torture because of white privilege

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you voted for obama in 2008
And against him four years later. I'm about evenly split on Republican/Democrat voting on the presidential level. On the local and state level it's probably 80/20 conservative.

you defend homosexual "marriage"
No, though like some conservatives I recognize that there was no good legal reason to deny homosexuals the right to contract marriage before the state. We do it for atheists, Mormons, Buddhists, etc. every day. It's not a religious consideration outside of the church. And the law isn't a religious instrument. It's an instrument that protects religion.

you support too many liberal causes to mention
You literally are just making that up.

you may claim that you're not a liberal,
Rather, I note what I actually am. The claiming is all in the laps of people like you. I know. You just can't accept it because you're not rational when it comes to me. Your behavior is ample evidence of that. You've even acted against self-interest to pursue it, had friends (including the owner of this site) lament it. And it reframes, if belatedly, how I respond and consider you. It shouldn't have taken as long as it did, but that's life.

but if so, you're the most retarded conservative imaginable
Thanks for the illustration.

Edit for late additions by Sod:

the only people who believe your claims of being non-liberal are your liberal buddies like anna, rusha, artie....
See, that's another made up fact. Rather, the only people who demonstrably don't believe me are the sort of people I only just spoke about, listing the particulars and even the why of their irrationality, along with noting here that anyone who wants to make that claim has to actually sustain it.

I'm more than happy to debate it. Easy-peasy.

EDIT: Sod is still amending...

your support for islam is embarrassing
It's embarrassing that you believe that. I started to say "think that" but we both know you aren't thinking.

I'm no fan of Islam. I just don't have to lie about it to make my case against it or fear it irrationally when the thing worth that response is the exception instead of the rule.

That sort of thing.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Thanks for the illustration of what someone who can't make an objective case does instead of argument.

town, there's no point arguing with you - those who recognize you for what you are won't need any argument from me to see you as you are

and those who support you won't be persuaded by any argument I can make

so why waste my time? :idunno:

i'd rather focus on the movie i'm watching :wave2:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I must admit, I have sensed a lot of "leftist" coming from TH
People with a hard bias tend to sense things like that about people who don't share it. That's why I always advocate reason and why I'd say to you that you might just be sensing the goring of a favored ox and that either you can put your senses in rational relief and support them or you should abandon them, recognizing them for what they are and aren't.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
town, there's no point arguing with you
That's also what people who can't manage a case say, when they're trying to look a little more reasonable.

those who recognize you for what you are
Can rationally defend and advance their cause. But we aren't talking about that sort because they're not advancing that flag. People like you are. And people like you won't do what they understand on some level they can't manage. No matter how many times they edit in a new idea.

won't need any argument from me to see you as you are
People who want to feel about it can feel about it. I'm simply pointing out the difference between thinking and feeling, truth and assumption rooted in something else.

so why waste my time?
That's another tactic people who can't manage to argue try. But the problem with it is that you're already "wasting time" continuously making claims you won't "waste time" to sustain.

i'd rather focus on the movie i'm watching :wave2:
All evidence, threads, posts, bannings, etc. to the contrary.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
town, there's no point arguing with you ...

and yet, your OCD won't allow you to let that go, you'll have to flood the page with verbiage and claim victory:
That's also what people who can't manage a case say, when they're trying to look a little more reasonable.

Can rationally defend and advance their cause. But we aren't talking about that sort because they're not advancing that flag. People like you are. And people like you won't do what they understand on some level they can't manage. No matter how many times they edit in a new idea.

People who want to feel about it can feel about it. I'm simply pointing out the difference between thinking and feeling, truth and assumption rooted in something else.

That's another tactic people who can't manage to argue try. But the problem with it is that you're already "wasting time" continuously making claims you won't "waste time" to sustain.

All evidence, threads, posts, bannings, etc. to the contrary.

you win town

you've convinced yourself and those who support you that you're not a liberal

whooppee

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town leans left, that's being honest :)
It's being honest about your feeling.

This whole thing really began back when TOL had a different set up and we had to make choices about a number of things as close to the mark as we could given the distinctions available on the site.

When I take those "where are you on the political spectrum" tests I come back just left of dead center, but it's a really slim distinction and in the zone outside of liberal or conservative. I'm a moderate. I put the left bit in my initial designation here because it was the closest to an actual description available. Knight didn't always leave us a choice that reflected our particulars.

It would be fairer to say I'm essentially dead center than to say I have a liberal leaning. I just have too many conservative tendencies to ever fit comfortably in the liberal camp.

And, again, if you define politics by action I'm effectively and 80/20 conservative/liberal. But I wouldn't and don't consider myself a conservative either.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and yet, your OCD won't allow you to let that go, you'll have to flood the page with verbiage and claim victory:

you win town

you've convinced yourself and those who support you that you're not a liberal

whooppee
That is also a tactic of someone who knows he can't win the argument rationally.

I think the funniest one was a long while back. I can't recall the issue, but I remember you saying you had a friend who could wipe the floor with some argument I'd made if he could be bothered to take me on. You never did and he never showed. This is more of that. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, here I stand people. Anyone who calls me a liberal is welcome to the debate. Otherwise, continuing with it outside of that marks you as intellectual cowards or inveterate liars.

Come and get me or go slink away with one of a dozen excuses like Sod here cobbles.

Boo. :eek: