Visitor Message

Romans7:19

So I got a message from a member, but apparently I am not allowed to correspond with this member, because I don't have "sufficient privileges".

He can talk to me, but I can't respond??:confused:

I am being patient.:cigar:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It only lasts a cuppla weeks....it is designed to deter spammers and trolls.

Of course you could dob up and buy a membership.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So I got a message from a member, but apparently I am not allowed to correspond with this member, because I don't have "sufficient privileges".

He can talk to me, but I can't respond??:confused:

I am being patient.:cigar:

It was me. I think it's a strange username and scripture to focus on.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
His choice of username is his prerogative. It is generally bad form to pick at someone about usernames or avatars unless the name or avatar is vulgar or promoting immoral behavior. This username is neither.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was me. I think it's a strange username and scripture to focus on.
Captures the daily struggle Paul and all believers struggle with every day.

I like it. Takes me back a few years, too.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1562708#post1562708

The thread then goes sideways for a while with other non-relevant topics, and picks back up here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1564503#post1564503

More interludes occur, then there is this:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1565384#post1565384

Afterwards the thread degenerates. Those were the days. ;)

AMR

Thank you all... I absolutely hate picking user names, and that was what was my mind at the time...If I picked my user name today it would be idislikenewengland.

Thank you Ask Mr Religion....I do focus on this verse quite a bit...

Still can't respond to messages on my "Visitor Thread", or maybe I'm just missing the "respond" button.

IDK!!! I'm patient.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
His choice of username is his prerogative. It is generally bad form to pick at someone about usernames or avatars unless the name or avatar is vulgar or promoting immoral behavior. This username is neither.

I understand, sorry I brought it up. BTW, Romans 7:19, I added you to my contact list so you should be able to send visitor or private messages. Nothing wrong with that scripture contextually. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I should have said - interesting username and verse

It takes me back also, I remember the first time I read and began to understand Romans and the rest.

I understand, sorry I brought it up. BTW, Romans 7:19, I added you to my contact list so you should be able to send visitor or private messages. Nothing wrong with that scripture contextually. :)

No offense taken Still can't respond to your message, also can't respond on your board...no worries...:sheep:

:luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You cannot possibly believe that Paul as Apostle served the law with his mind but that he served the law of sin with his flesh

...that he was still yielding his members as instruments of sin.

I did read your link thanks

You say he struggled as a Christian, I don't believe he did, I believe that sin had no dominion over Paul, I believe he had cast aside the sin which so easily besets in order to run the race.

The struggle is there in the Christian's new life because they have never really understood that we are not under the law but under grace...that is why Christians struggle.

How CAN you struggle with sin that was borne away on the cross 2, 000 years ago? yes it is still in our members that is true, but it is quite dormant, dead.

When the new Christian now starts to apply themselves to come into obedience to the law...any law, even if they make Jesu's commandments law, or other church regulations etc, etc SUDDENLY

SUDDENLY the sin which was dormant, dead, springs back to life...YOU brought it back to life

You are trying to make the flesh which is at enmity with God and which always rears up in rebellion at His law obey. This IS the fierce struggle new Christians have....and old and experienced Christians too.

You are now abandoning the cross in favour of self discipline, soon you will be wearing hairshirts and lying on a bed of nails. You are actually gone back to earning salvation by works.

Stop with the struggle, CEASE, stoppit. confess the sin, get it under the blood of Jesus Christ God's Son....tell the devil to take a hike, remind him that he is defeated and get on with your life.

The revelation will dawn on you...."hey why am I doing this?" the power of sin is the law, if we are not under the law then there is no forbidding.

There is nothing for the flesh to rebel against

We will understand that what we do we do in the light of God's countenance, it becomes an unworthy thing to do and we will get victory...that is to say we will rise up to walk in the victory won for us at the cross...we will walk after the Spirit as in Romans 8.1.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The devil is so very good at deceiving...it is what he does

First he said ...."disobey"
now when we are saved he says "you must obey"

He knows what he is doing...he is setting you up....I guarantee the Christian who is in this struggle with sin does not come BOLDLY to the throne of grace to find help in time of need.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am sad to say and grievously admit that you disagree with my view bolsters my own view's validity in my mind. You often are given to flights of fanciful interpretation and reason of matters of the faith as our disagreements have borne out.

If you honestly believe that you are no longer struggling with sin, your only recourse is to admit you willingly embrace your sin without a shred of repentance, for you sin daily. Your sin wells up from your not yet perfected principle of life initially given from God from your regeneration and walk of faith. To say your volitional act of sinning is "dead" or "dormant" denies the reality of your current and very active (not dormant or dead) state of being. Further your view denies the Mediatorial role of Our Lord who advocates for us in our repentance as we cling to the Cross in repentance of our sins. The Chief of Sinners, Paul, disagrees with you.

Yours is but the foolishness of Sozo's (aka, Ghost, Mystery, or Door) Exchanged Life nonsense.

I pray that you are given more illumination by the Holy Spirit about these weighty matters such that your walk of faith will be more blessed by the truths of Scripture.

AMR

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This is extremely presumptious and impertinent [it is possible for an older person to be impertinent to a younger]

What I have is victory....not perfection but victory over besetting sin.

I ask you directly did Christ bear your sin away on the cross or not?

Why do you not accept that we have died with Christ, were buried and are now raised to newness of life?

Dead to sin AMR that is pure Pauline doctrine.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
How do YOU interpret dead to sin?

....some fanciful explanation as to why it does not actually mean dead no doubt

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dead to sin means sin no longer has dominion over the faithful as it once had with the unregenerate elect or has with the reprobate. Dead to sin in no way means the believer is now free from the struggle with sin. Perhaps in your passion you spoke infelicitously. If so, I am willing to await clarification of the direct words you posted and to which I responded that you wish to amend and offer a response thereto.

I also note your response came a mere few minutes after my post, which informs me you took no time to seriously digest its contents, including a link to a cogent rebuttal of your implied, given your own words, position. You are within your freedom to call me impertinent, sister, but my response is meant to correct a view that is the bane of the church militant.

AMR

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Dead to sin means sin no longer has dominion over the faithful as it once had with the unregenerate elect or has with the reprobate. It in no way means the believer is now free from the struggle with sin.Perhaps in your passion you spoke infelicitously. If so, I am willing to await clarification of the direct words you posted and to which I responded that you wish to amend.

I note your response came a mere few minutes after my post, which informs me you took no time to seriously digest its contents, including a link to a cogent rebuttal of your implied, given your own words, position. You are within your freedom to call me impertinent, sister, but my response is meant to correct a view that is the bane of the church militant.

AMR

Where do you read "struggle"

Christ struggled with sin, He defeated it and is now entered into rest...He invites us to enter into His rest....strive not against sin [you will ALWAYS lose] strive to enter into His rest.

Of COURSE you are presumptious in saying that I embrace sin willingly....really you ought to apologise, I never would have said such a thing to you.

I did not post in passion

Now this is a flight of fancy to say that something you are dead to = something you must stuggle with.

Paul teaches VICTORY....Peter preaches DEAD to sin and ALIVE to righteousness.

John speaks about overcoming the devil how? by struggling? no but by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.