Victim Blaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Of course I do.....I was her second in command at one time. ;)

oh well - it must amuse her :idunno:
It amused us both.
We had a blast!

yahoo.gif

I just love this place!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
just long enough to get away, i imagine

Actually, back in those days I became criminally smart. I sat up in that car and drunk my last bit of liquor while I emptied the cash and left the rest :chuckle:

Those were unfortunate times for me. It was a matter of survival, not simply being mischievous.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The fox would not have stolen the chicken had I not left the door unlatched.

I don't have to take responsibility for the fox's actions, but I most certainly DO have to take responsibility for my own. The fox got shot and I got shamed by grandpa's eyes. We EACH paid a price for our OWN actions. That's what you folks refuse to acknowledge. We EACH have personal responsibility and SHOULD answer for what we do.

this is what feminists refuse to allow - any consideration that a victim should bear any shame for the behavior that contributed to their becoming a victim

glorydaz

Been there, done that. In my dog days, under the bridge and trying to survive.

Shouldn't have left a purse in an unlocked car in the middle of the night. That homeless person you ignore everyday on the way to work or your kids football game might come and snatch it :idunno:

If your read the Bible, you'll see that nobody is really innocent.

When people think they can blame others for everything bad that happens to them, they won't bother to change their behavior and bad things will keep happening. This is so simple...something we all teach our children...or should, anyway. Clearly, some have either forgotten or they are so invested in their "story" that they intentionally lie.

glorydaz

Then what?

Then I'd make sure not to leave my door unlocked in the future. I would accept it as a hard learned lesson. The first step is always admitting one's fault. Blaming the thief when I knew I had fault of my own is just making excuses for my own bad behavior.

Of course, that would not include admitting to something that was not my fault just to make other people happy.

glorydaz

this is what feminists refuse to allow - any consideration that a victim should bear any shame for the behavior that contributed to their becoming a victim

Yep, and it's why I keep saying a stripper who had gotten raped would be quicker to admit her fault than many of these posters on here. She understands what they won't admit. Bad behavior has consequences. People have a conscience...even strippers, unless it's been totally seared, and know when they get what they deserve for their bad behavior. Thieves get caught and say, "I deserved it". I have a nephew who was in and out of prison...he always admitted he got what he deserved.

ClimateSanity

You said the thief was the only one to blame. The fox is the thief.

You said you were not at fault for leaving the door unlocked.

So, I'm wondering why you put question marks after your remarks. You seemed so sure before.

Not at fault for leaving the door unlocked? Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.