Utah guv: Give anesthesia to babies during abortions

Utah guv: Give anesthesia to babies during abortions

• No. Even that step indicates tacit approval of abortion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Administering anesthesia will humanize the "product of conception" and I won't stand for that.

• No, I couldn't care less if it suffers or not.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

The Republican governor of Utah said on Wednesday that he would consider signing a proposed bill requiring the use of anesthesia on babies that are being murdered in the womb, opining that it may be the “most humane” way of ending a child’s life.

Gov. Gary Herbert said that he is personally opposed to abortion, but remarked that if the practice is considered legal in America, it should be carried out as “humanely” as possible.

“You know, abortion is a very emotional issue,” he told reporters at a news conference. “Rather than get into the abortion debate, I guess the question is: If we’re going to have abortion, what is the most humane way to do it?”
http://christiannews.net/2016/02/18...-murdered-may-be-most-humane-abortion-method/

He's not defending or mitigating abortion. Because it's legal, his view is that the pain of murdered babies should be lessened as much as possible in the interest of the baby being a human person.

Leftists complain that convicted multiple murderers are cruelly and unusually punished by lethal injection. Well, I don't see them being ripped apart alive and fully aware of their pain, as babies are...but of course, "that's different."

Poll question for the honest, not for the usual dissemblers and prevaricators.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A lifeless, mindless zygote can't feel or think. Who cares, right?

PureX

It's just more political hay-making. One more politician pretending to be a doctor, or scientists, or priest, or our best buddy, or whatever else he thinks will keep him in a position of power.

PureX

Now observe as PureX never gets around to casting his vote.
Simpleton that you are, you didn't offer all the possible options. You only offered the two options that your limited extremist mind could comprehend. When you mature intellectually, if you ever do, and you can finally recognize the other possible options, I'll happily choose the ones I feel appropriate.

musterion

Simpleton that you are, you didn't offer all the possible options. You only offered the two options that your limited extremist mind could comprehend. When you mature intellectually, if you ever do, and you can finally recognize the other possible options, I'll happily choose the ones I feel appropriate.

I can't alter the poll but if I could, what option would you vote for if I added it? Name it.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I have difficulty with this either way.

"If you are going to murder so and so, be sure to offer him or her painkillers"?

Would we ever say such a thing outside of the "abortion debate"?

This is about on par with saying that homosexual prostitutes should use condoms.

Is that where we're at? :noid:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I doubt unborn children, to that degree, even feel 'conscious' pain, but rather 'blind sight' pain.

Technically speaking it's only theory, but it's a very sensible one- a proposed phenomena in which a brain not fully advanced and self-aware does not experience pain in the same severeness as one who is advanced and self-aware.

musterion

I doubt unborn children, to that degree, even feel 'conscious' pain, but rather 'blind sight' pain.

Technically speaking it's only theory, but it's a very sensible one- a proposed phenomena in which a brain not fully advanced and self-aware does not experience pain in the same severeness as one who is advanced and self-aware.

An advanced partial birth abortee would likely disagree with you. But vote anyway, you seem to want option 3.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
An advanced partial birth abortee would likely disagree with you. But vote anyway, you seem to want option 3.

It's a loaded poll.

I'm not too big a fan of this subject anyway, because abortion being 'murder' is an evolved, arbitrary claim in which the Bible ultimately doesn't agree with you on. The Old Law was more concerned with harm to the mother than the fetus. Other than that, there is no more mention of it.

I don't see how people not understand what 'unborn' is. The unborn have more in common with a mere conception of potential existence than that of being born and autonomous. To say otherwise doesn't add to the life of a fetus, but subtract from the life of those born.

Nonetheless, I'm against abortion. The difference is that it's out of real reasons, not made up, reactionary ones :rolleyes:

PureX

I can't alter the poll but if I could, what option would you vote for if I added it? Name it.
Well, for one, the option that it's all a political stunt with no intended outcome but to gain votes. For another, it's an intelligence test for the anti-abortion crowd … which they will fail, miserably.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
No it isn't.

The idea is that condoms are "permissible" for homosexual prostitutes because they couldn't be using them for contraceptive purposes. It would pretty much be just STD prevention.

The fact remains that homosexual prostitution isn't cool and the whole question shouldn't arise in the first place. :noid:

Likewise for this whole anesthesia business.

It's like asking if Dr. Mengele should have given his "patients" anesthetics. Er...?

musterion

Well, for one, the option that it's all a political stunt with no intended outcome but to gain votes. For another, it's an intelligence test for the anti-abortion crowd … which they will fail, miserably.

I asked an honest question. Please answer it.

If I could add a poll option on the issue of the governor's proposal that you could vote on, what would it be?

musterion

The idea is that condoms are "permissible" for homosexual prostitutes because they couldn't be using them for contraceptive purposes. It would pretty much be just STD prevention.

The fact remains that homosexual prostitution isn't cool and the whole question shouldn't arise in the first place. :noid:

Likewise for this whole anesthesia business.

It's like asking if Dr. Mengele should have given his "patients" anesthetics. Er...?

Your faulty Jesuit logic is showing.

PureX

I asked an honest question. Please answer it.

If I could add a poll option on the issue of the governor's proposal that you could vote on, what would it be?
I did. Apparently you're unable to grasp my response. As I'd already explained to be the case.

Dialogos

I did. Apparently you're unable to grasp my response. As I'd already explained to be the case.

Right, because all of us ant-abortionists are unintelligent.

So I guess the only thing to do is enlighten us right?

Lets start with enlightening us on an easy question.

PureX, Is the unborn fetus of a human mother a human, yes or no?

Since you are so intelligent, this one should be easy for you.