ECT Unshackled: How Darby Stumbled Upon Dispensational Truth

HisServant

Just shows how little you understand about perception.

While perception can often be the result of a lens before the fact, a lens can just as often be the end result of perception.

You have not only confused your lens going in as the lens you are perceiving others are supposedly perceiving through, but have ended up concluded both perception and lens are one and the same phenomena.

Not that I fully blame you as, far too often, what is presented by most, including the Dispensationalist, is too often presented in such a way that it appears to the other side that the cart has been put before the horse.

Its bad enough it is natural to take one for the other when hearing others out, to begin with, lol

There is however, a much more frequent attempt at a method, in mine, and say, Clete's seeming MADness...its why we both tend to be a bit more thorough in what we lay out a bit more often.

Though it gets a bit tedious to go into a basis behind one's assertion only to have it continually misread.

Man's natural "I thought you meant" tendency, lol

Thank goodness my two former dispensationalists uncles both saw the light and repented of their wayward doctrines before God called them home. It came out of their mouths that the god they were taught through the dispensationalist dogma were false and nothing more than idolatry and the glorification of mankind at the expense of God.

I pray the Holy Spirit enlightens your mind and you repent someday too.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Thank goodness my two former dispensationalists uncles both saw the light and repented of their wayward doctrines before God called them home. It came out of their mouths that the god they were taught through the dispensationalist dogma were false and nothing more than idolatry and the glorification of mankind at the expense of God.

I pray the Holy Spirit enlightens your mind and you repent someday too.

How come your rep power is so low? Don't posters have any faith in
your opinions? I think you're just another B57 type. Ya know what I
mean? Kind of an anti-social misfit.

Danoh

You write disingenuous pretty words. You are very subtle,
I'll give you that. To me you sound like a person who is speaking
things they really don't believe. That's my impression of you. I, for
one don't trust your words. I think you're being a phony. I wouldn't
trust you to tell me if it was a rainy day or a sunny day. It's just
one man's opinion. No disrespect intended.

Whatever...

Danoh

Any thoughts on the article in the OP?

Was the confidence I expressed about you on the other thread we were talking about Darby on, misplaced?

HisServant

Do you think I care what others think at all?... Nope.

Neither did Jesus, the truth alienates people.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is FOOLISH to deny dispensations, plumb foolish, because God does not deal with the church as He dealt with the Jews.

God dealt differently with Israel prior and during their sojourn in Egypt to how He dealt with Israel after their exodus i.e through the dispensation of the law.

Dispensations are merely the manner in which God's grace is ministered.

What JND saw clearly was Isaiah in speaking about God's latter day dealings with Israel could in no way refer to the church and since that time of glory and blessing had never yet been realised by Israel those prophecies must belong to an age yet to come

Moreover [whether JND saw this or not] those prophecies concerning the future blessing of Israel could in no way refer to the church as "spiritual Israel" because Christ foretold in the little apocalypses conditions far different for the church in the period prior to His return.

Israel was promised peace and prosperity, the church is warned of war and disasters.

The "new teachings" referred to that Darby heard in London had STITCH to do with dispensations, absolutely ZERO. They had to do with second coming and the teachings he had heard were those of Edward Irving regarding a "secret coming" or the pretribulation rapture.

Irving was in error.

Darby's teaching on dispensations were very good and by no means new to the church. His teaching on pretrib rapture was very bad and was indeed a departure from orthodox theology.

DISPENSATIONALISM IS NOT MID-ACTS DISPENSATIONALISM

DAN P

A rapture, Zionism, millennial kingdom on planet earth, etc. were NEVER Pauline truth.

Paul NEVER spoke of a secret rapture, a 7 year trib, a third coming of Christ Jesus, Christ Jesus coming back to planet earth for 1,000 years, God picking back up with the Jews again, future animal sacrifices, a third temple, Christ Jesus sitting on David's literal throne in the Middle East, and all the other rubbish Darby invented.

Darby perverted the words of the Apostle Paul, and people like you perpetuate Darby's lies.

Hi and am JAPPY to address your BLOVIATING on the DEPARTURE which you call the RAPTURE when there is No Greek word for a so-called RAPTURE is your first Mistake !!

Your second MISTAKE is not Knowing 1 Thess 4:17 :

#1 , First those in the Dispensation of Grace and Remain speaks to those in the Present Tense ONLY !!

#2 , The Greek word " shall be caught away " is in the FUTURE TENSE only in the Dispensation of the Grace of God will be translated in this AGE !!

#3 , The Greek word "be " is also speaks to those in the Dispensation of the Grace of God , is also in the Greek FUTURE TENSE !!

It seems you have BLOWN it again with your BLOVIATING :chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
Once again, an article that proves John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.....
Yet, just about every Dispensationalist on TOL lives in denial. They all refuse to acknowledge that Darby invented Dispensationalism.

You devious punk, you, with your "invented" spam, which is sophistry, part of your "trifecta"-"You follow men/You follow fallible men"

Again-his spam "argument" on every thread, that allegedly closes the deal on the dispensationalism approach to understanding the book.

Are not all falsehoods, "'invented," you devious punk, by "men?" How does your devious, deceiftful qualifier, "invented," do anything for your "belief system" and discredit another's, regardless of whether it's the dispensational approach, or JW's, or.................?

Prove that your Preterism is "un invented," punk. Just how would you do that, child of the devil?

Your "belief system," I suppose, is "un invented," direct from the LORD God, is infallible, punk? it is "without error?" You know that?

AD 70-ism/Preterism, is "invented."

Prove that it is not, Craigie.

He won't touch that.

Fraud.

1. "You follow the teachings of men.............."-hundreds of times on TOL. Thus, he claims what He has are the infallible teachings of God, never has been taught to him by men, never has followed "men" teachings." Which leads to...

2.Craigie Tet., besides his "Darby" stumper, which he spams on every thread, as one of his "arguments" against the dispensational approach in interpreting the book, also asserts that dispensationalism is false, because it is taught by "fallible men," i.e., he claims that his "AD 70-ism," Preterism, was taught to him by infallible men. To wit:

"Yes Mr. Whalen, they were fallible men who invented dispensationalism just over 150 years ago. Mr. Whalen, you might want to ask yourself why you follow the teachings of these fallible men?"-Craigie Tet.

"A secret parenthetical time period is a false theory made up by fallible men.”-Preterist con man Craigie

"MAD is a false non-Biblical belief system that was made up by fallable men."-Preterist Craigee Tet.

Just show us, Craigie, the infallible men that we should follow, since you, of course, have the truth, the "not false" belief system, taught to you by infalible men.

Just point out these infallible teachers, so that we will not:

follow the teachings of these fallible men?

Are not all false doctrines, taught by fallible men, Craigie? Why do you add "fallble?" How does that support your "belief system" and annul others?

And why do you add "men," to your "argument" against the dispenstional approach? Whom should we follow? You? Strike that-you are not a man. Women? Aliens? Your father, the devil?

Why do you delete the scripture, in Romans-Philemon, that provides for "teachers...teaching" within the boc? Satan taught you that-the LORD God never did.

It is a deceptive, satanic debating tactic of his, from the pits of hell, sophistry, instigated by this habitual liar, on almost every thread, due to his satanic obsession.

Craigie:

As silent as a turkey farm, on the third Thursday, of November.

He is the habitual liar, of TOL.

Last edited:

Danoh

All Darby Followers.

Looks like you only trust Darby Followers.

I wonder why?

Club "ALMOST 28er" is why, lol

We're left with your slandering Darby.

Appears I am the only A9D on here who knows of Darby's actual importance.

Thank you again, for briging him up so much, Tet.; you've finally done something right, though inadvertantly, lol

I'd forgotten his importance, 2 Tim. 2:2.

Danoh

Come on, JohnW, show the fool already that you do know of Darby's importance in the recovery of Pauline Truth.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is FOOLISH to deny dispensations, plumb foolish, because God does not deal with the church as He dealt with the Jews.

Dispensations aren't time periods.

God dealt with Israel and the Jews under the old covenant.

God deals with the church under the new covenant.

The difference is in the covenants, not time periods called "dispensations".

Danoh

Stop the presses, hold the phone, pause for a brief inteurruption of God's Mystery; Tet. is spot on, on two out of four.

The first two; as for the second two - he is way off-base, as usual.

HisServant

AMEN!

And all references to dispensations in scripture reference tasks given to specific individuals.

Dispensationalists would have you believe that God doesn't have a clue what is going on until he tests them at the end of a 'dispensation' and then changes how he deals with mankind.

You see...to them... its all about mankind and less about God.

john w

Hall of Fame

Who taught you that?

Let me guess:

1. Women, since you do not "follow men," as others do, like those meanie dispies, that hurt your fragile feelings, and now you are obsessed with them,

2. Aliens, since you do not "follow men," as others do, like those meanie dispies, that hurt your fragile feelings, and now you are obsessed with them,

3. Infallible men, since since you do not follow "infallible men," as others do, like those meanie dispies, that hurt your fragile feelings, and now you are obsessed with them,

4. God directly, because you are infallible, and Preterism is "un invented," directly received by you, from God, since you do not follow:

a. Men
b. Fallible men
c. When in doubt, "choose c."

Fraud. Engager in sophistry, devious "debating" tactics.

john w

Hall of Fame
Come on, JohnW, show the fool already that you do know of Darby's importance in the recovery of Pauline Truth.

What Darby, Bullinger, Russell, Spurgeon, King, DeMar, Gentry, Sparks, Luther, Sister Bertrill, Sponge Bob, Archie Bunker..................................................................................... ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................taught, and when, has no bearing on veracity-it is irrelevant when, or who, taught objective truth. Truth is discovered, and when/how, or if you believe it, has no bearing on its veracity.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What Darby, Bullinger, Russell, Spurgeon, King, DeMar, Gentry, Sparks, Luther, Sister Bertrill, Sponge Bob, Archie Bunker.....

Very telling that your list begins with Darby.

And, you're right....there really isn't much difference between the teachings of Sponge Bob and John Nelson Darby.