Unless YOU believe that I am He (God) YOU Will Die in YOUR Sins, John 8:24

Robert Pate

Banned
Trouble is, you don't read my posts! I have dealt with John 10:30 innumerable times.

"I and the Father are one" has the same meaning as JOHN 17:20-23 where we see that Jesus is praying that the disciples would be "one" just as Jesus and the Father were "one." I asked you if that showed that the disciples were also God, which it must if John 10:30 means Jesus is God.

"I do not ask on behalf of these [disciples] alone, but for those also who believe in me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in me and I in You, that they also may be in us. The glory which You have given me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as we are one."

I'm still waiting for an answer. It looks like the disciples are God also, because they would be "one" with Christ and the Father.

John 10:31 shows nothing except the Jews wanted to kill Jesus. They gave him a weak answer as to why they wanted to kill him---because he was "making himself out to be God" (NASB). You'll notice that immediately following this accusation Jesus refuted it. Have you read JOHN 10:34-36? He corrected them, saying, "I AM THE SON OF GOD."

Not God.

Are you going to actually read my response to you?

:think:

Who do you think that was that turned water into wine, healed the sick, fed 5000 with nothing and raised the dead? You are in denial of who Jesus was and what he did.

Unless you believe that Jesus was Lord or God, you will die in your sins.

Robert Pate

Banned
Scripture teaches faith is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-10) and repentance is granted by God (II Timothy 2:25; Acts 3:26, 5:31, 11:18

Jesus taught in order for men to be able to repent and exercise faith in their hearts, their hearts, ears, eyes, and minds must first be changed through regeneration (being born again) of the Holy Spirit. John 3:1-8

That theory that you must first be saved, before you can be saved, is a dead give away that you are a heretic. The Bible teaches no such thing. Some of the Jews that were saved on the day of Pentecost had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36. People are changed by hearing and believing the Gospel, it is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who do you think that was that turned water into wine, healed the sick, fed 5000 with nothing and raised the dead? You are in denial of who Jesus was and what he did.

Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know.
(Acts 2:22)​

Jesus said he could do nothing of himself. (John 8:28)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You ignorant fox, calling me a liar. He did not say that he was God---the Jews accused him of that. All he said was that GOD WAS HIS FATHER, as you wrote above in your post. You are so steeped in blindness that you can't even see what the scriptures actually say.

:rip:

The Jews were right, anyone with half a brain will know that whatever the Father is the Son must be also. Christ is also called the Son of Man, a title which none of us disputes, we know what it means. He is fully man. Being Son of God means He is fully God.

Far from the scripture never stating categorically that Christ is God, every time He is called Son of God [as in begotten of God] He is being titled God.

Why are you calling me names? I have not called you names, if you tell deliberate lies you will be called on it.

The Jews did not take up stones because Christ made Himself greater than Abraham, they took up stones because He said God was His Father thus making Himself equal with God.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not if he is a Jew. Then his words are not false. A Jew can legally say he is son of God and not being false because he is speaking as part of the People of Israel aka His son. (Exodsus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me."

Any Jew can say he is son of God and still be not a twisting he does. The Torah confirms that he is son of God. Read Exodus 4:22,23.

The Jews did not kill Jesus. Why would they kill a fellow Jew who came to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter? If you are sincere enough to want to do who contributed for the killing of Jesus on the cross, read Luke 19:37-40 and you will know it. His disciples did it when they acclaimed Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem. This was a criminal charge bordering on insurrection punishable with crucifixion. Even some of the Pharisees tried to save Jesus by asking him to stop his disciples or he would be arrested. Probably because Jesus was enjoying the parade, he said he could not stop them or the stones would shout. Hence he was arrested and taken to the cross with his verdict INRI commanded by Pilate to be nailed on the top of his cross.

Yes, indeed, they knew that and we know even today that there is nothing wrong with the Jewish claim that we are son of God because the Torah says so. (Exodus 4:22,23)

But when Jesus said God was His Father He meant that God seeded the virgin's womb....definitely a crime under Jewish law, unless of course it is true.

dodge

Scripture teaches faith is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-10) and repentance is granted by God (II Timothy 2:25; Acts 3:26, 5:31, 11:18

Jesus taught in order for men to be able to repent and exercise faith in their hearts, their hearts, ears, eyes, and minds must first be changed through regeneration (being born again) of the Holy Spirit. John 3:1-8

Do you know what "repent"is or means ? Repentance is what God requires of everyone that wants or desires to be born again. God made the rules NOT Calvinists.

Robert Pate

Banned
Humanity has not been given a choice to believe God!

For Faith / Belief in God is a Fruit of the Spirit of God is Given in New Birth Gal 5:22.

The World that the Spirit convicts / convinces of sin is a specific World;
the World that God so Loved that He gave His only begotten Son for in behalf of John 3:16.

Just as Jesus clearly stated:

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

The God of Calvinism is mean and divisive.

He only saves some and damns the rest to hell. This makes him unjust, unmerciful and unrighteous.

It is NOT humanly possible to have faith in this kind of a God.

Epoisses

He has already saved you or damned you so why repent? :banana: Why pray for the the non-elect? :freak:

He already knows who is saved and who is lost. God is leading all men to repentance and desires all men to be saved 2Pt. 3:9 1Tim. 2:4. He does not actively damn anyone. Those that believe and teach this are dead stumps incapable of escaping darkness.

Nanja

The God of Calvinism is mean and divisive.

He only saves some and damns the rest to hell. This makes him unjust, unmerciful and unrighteous.

It is NOT humanly possible to have faith in this kind of a God.

You blaspheme God all the time!

Only God's Will is Sovereign and controls and determines all others' will.

Ps. 115:3
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Job 23:13-14
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
You blaspheme God all the time!

Only God's Will is Sovereign and controls and determines all others' will.

Ps. 115:3
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Job 23:13-14
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~

You are overlooking the fact that God's sovereignty does not override his just, merciful, righteous, holy nature.

All that God does is right, just and perfect. This is why he is the just judge.

Your Calvinist God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant that cannot be trusted.

Nanja

You are overlooking the fact that God's sovereignty does not override his just, merciful, righteous, holy nature.

All that God does is right, just and perfect. This is why he is the just judge.

Your Calvinist God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant that cannot be trusted.

YOU are overlooking, in fact ignoring, the scriptures you abhor Dan. 4:35; Job 23:13-14; Ps. 115:3!

You make God unjust, implying that He does not judge Righteously!

Gen. 18:25
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

God cannot condemn anyone Christ died for [Sheep John 10:11, 15], along with the wicked He did not die for [goats; Mat. 25:41], for the sins of the Sheep were already imputed to Christ in their stead Is. 53:6!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
YOU are overlooking, in fact ignoring, the scriptures you abhor Dan. 4:35; Job 23:13-14; Ps. 115:3!

You make God unjust, implying that He does not judge Righteously!

Gen. 18:25
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

God cannot condemn anyone Christ died for [Sheep John 10:11, 15], along with the wicked He did not die for [goats; Mat. 25:41], for the sins of the Sheep were already imputed to Christ in their stead Is. 53:6!

~~~~~

Since you believe that you are one of the elect then why live the Christian life? No need to persevere, Go out and live like the devil.

Nanja

Since you believe that you are one of the elect then why live the Christian life? No need to persevere, Go out and live like the devil.

Pate, your words and sentiment are that of a lost man 2 Cor. 4:3-4. :plain:

Christ is the Center of my Life.

His Spirit is Alive in me Rom. 8:14-17!

I praise and worship Him with my whole soul,
and long to finally see my God and Saviour face to face!

Praise Him!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned

Praise Him!

~~~~~

If Christ was the center of your life you would not need Calvinism.

Calvinism is an insult to God and his Son Jesus Christ.

No one and I mean no one, can trust in a God that condemns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam.

Epoisses

No one and I mean no one, can trust in a God that condemns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam.

He believes in chance. Calvinists are spiritual gamblers who spin the roulette wheel and hope the 'elect' comes up.

beloved57

You are the one who teaches that those Christ died for can wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief. That's a insult to God.

beloved57

Praise Him!

~~~~~

We have a good hope through Grace!