Unless YOU believe that I am He (God) YOU Will Die in YOUR Sins, John 8:24

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The mystery :idunno: A mystery

Christ’s incarnation (1 Tim. 3:16), Christ’s nature (Col. 2:2), The Kingdom of God (Luke 8:10), Christian faith (1 Tim. 3:9), Indwelling Christ (Col. 1:26, 27), Union of all believers (Eph. 3:4–9), Israel’s blindness (Rom. 11:25), Lawlessness (2 Thess. 2:7), Harlot Babylon (Rev. 17:5, 7), Resurrection of saints (1 Cor. 15:51), God’s completed purpose (Rev. 10:7), etc. Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 437). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.
Yes there are many mysteries Serpy, but Christ in you is the one I was talking about.

Nanja

:dizzy: 2 Pe 3:9

This is the entirety of my original post:

Salvation was never an offer to all humanity but was provided exclusively for
a Chosen People Is. 45:17, not by any works they do, but by God's Grace exclusively.

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Just as in Adam, their natural head, all the Elect were made sinners, so also in Christ Jesus, their Covenant Head,
all His Sons chosen in Him Eph. 1:4-5, they were made Righteous by His Obedience to God's Commandments
in their behalf Rom. 5:19. Christ's Righteousness is charged to them, even before they believed.

The whole matter of Salvation was settled by God in Eternity Heb. 7:22; Phil. 1:29; John 3:18.

~~~~~

Now, with regard to:

2 Pet. 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God is not willing that ALL of those in the "us-ward" group perish.
And who are those in view here Peter is addressing?

The Elect of God:

1 Pet. 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16; The only People Promised Salvation: ALL ISRAEL Is. 45:17 jew and Gentile.
The Election of Grace, ALL those Chosen of the Father and given to Christ to give Eternal Life to, His Sheep:

John 10:28-29
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Is. 53:10
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

But now we know from other scriptures, there is a portion of humanity which shall perish in their sins, whom God has reserved to be punished: The Unjust.

Rev. 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

So, these scriptures are proof that God never desired that all of humanity without exception would be saved.

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

~~~~~

Ben Masada

Your false words get you further and further into trouble with God and his Son.

Not if he is a Jew. Then his words are not false. A Jew can legally say he is son of God and not being false because he is speaking as part of the People of Israel aka His son. (Exodsus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me."

To say "the Son of God" in no way infers that this Son IS God. That is a severe TWISTING done by you.

Any Jew can say he is son of God and still be not a twisting he does. The Torah confirms that he is son of God. Read Exodus 4:22,23.

You forget that the Jews KILLED Jesus, so why do you side with them in their erroneous judgments of Jesus?

The Jews did not kill Jesus. Why would they kill a fellow Jew who came to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter? If you are sincere enough to want to do who contributed for the killing of Jesus on the cross, read Luke 19:37-40 and you will know it. His disciples did it when they acclaimed Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem. This was a criminal charge bordering on insurrection punishable with crucifixion. Even some of the Pharisees tried to save Jesus by asking him to stop his disciples or he would be arrested. Probably because Jesus was enjoying the parade, he said he could not stop them or the stones would shout. Hence he was arrested and taken to the cross with his verdict INRI commanded by Pilate to be nailed on the top of his cross.

He never claimed to be God, and they knew that. They were furious because he said he was the SON OF GOD, obviously making himself superior to Abraham, which they resented. He didn't say "I am God." But they trumped up that charge just to get everyone upset with him. In fact, after he was crucified they came by and said, "He said he was God's Son," not God. (Matthew 27:43)

Yes, indeed, they knew that and we know even today that there is nothing wrong with the Jewish claim that we are son of God because the Torah says so. (Exodus 4:22,23)

Nanja

Many use those verses incorrectly to support a false freewill religion;
whereby an unregenerate person can receive the Gospel and get himself saved.
But scriptures say otherwise:

Rom. 8:7-8
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So those verses in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 were written exclusively to the Church of God,
to them that are Sanctified, called to be Saints 1 Cor. 1:2, just as Paul explained
to the Saints in Eph. 1:1: The Elect Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4-11.

So what Paul is saying in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 is that only the Saints, the Church,
will believe the Gospel, because Christ gave His Life for Her
Eph. 5:25.

The Saints will believe the Gospel because they were Chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath
from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

~~~~~

dodge

Many use those verses incorrectly to support a false freewill religion;
whereby an unregenerate person can receive the Gospel and get himself saved.
But scriptures say otherwise:

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So those verses in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 were written exclusively to the Church of God,
to them that are Sanctified, called to be Saints 1 Cor. 1:2, just as Paul explained
to the Saints in Eph. 1:1: The Elect Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4-11.

So what Paul is saying in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 is that only the Saints, the Church,
will believe the Gospel, because Christ gave His Life for Her
Eph. 5:25.

The Saints will believe the Gospel because they were Chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath
from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

~~~~~

If there was NEVER a time in your life when you trusted Jesus and asked God for forgiveness of sins you are lost. I pray that you place your faith and trust in God.

dodge

If you see getting saved as the point in your life where you accept and believe in Jesus then you are unwittingly advocating the idea that you have saved yourself.

If you see getting saved as solely the work of Christ 2000 years ago before you were born or did anything good or bad you are slowly coming into the light of the gospel.

Sinners can't save other sinners and they can't save themselves either. All the super heroes are trying to save the world when the world has already been saved.

Have you never read where FAITH comes from = hearing God's word.
One cannot earn grace NOR save themselves, but that is NO excuse for not obeying God !

Nanja

If there was NEVER a time in your life when you trusted Jesus and asked God for forgiveness of sins you are lost. I pray that you place your faith and trust in God.

Only once I was Born Again did I receive Faith / Trust which is a Fruit and Gift of the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22; Eph 2:8. So, you see, it was not of myself, in my own trusting of the flesh, but Trusting by the Power of God given me in New Birth!

~~~~~

dodge

Only once I was Born Again did I receive Faith / Trust which is a Fruit and Gift of the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22; Eph 2:8. So, you see, it was not of myself, in my own trusting of the flesh, but Trusting by the Power of God given me in New Birth!

~~~~~

The Holy Spirit CONVICTS and YOU either say yes or no.

Why do folks that accept God's word and conviction believe they had NO part in obeying God ?

Nanja

The Holy Spirit CONVICTS and YOU either say yes or no.

Why do folks that accept God's word and conviction believe they had NO part in obeying God ?

Humanity has not been given a choice to believe God!

For Faith / Belief in God is a Fruit of the Spirit of God is Given in New Birth Gal 5:22.

The World that the Spirit convicts / convinces of sin is a specific World;
the World that God so Loved that He gave His only begotten Son for in behalf of John 3:16.

Just as Jesus clearly stated:

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

dodge

Humanity has not been given a choice to believe God!

For Faith / Belief in God is a Fruit of the Spirit of God is Given in New Birth Gal 5:22.

The World that the Spirit convicts / convinces of sin is a specific World;
the World that God so Loved that He gave His only begotten Son for in behalf of John 3:16.

Just as Jesus clearly stated:

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

So you believe Jesus and the Apostles taught error ?

Jesus said whosoever believes in Him would NOT perish but have eternal life.

The Apostle Paul taught in Romans 10 that whosoever believes.

Then along comes men and changes what Jesus and the Apostles taught.

KingdomRose

What are you going to do about this scripture?

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

Then the Jews took up stones to stone him, John 10:31.

To bad you couldn't have been there to pitch a couple.

Trouble is, you don't read my posts! I have dealt with John 10:30 innumerable times.

"I and the Father are one" has the same meaning as JOHN 17:20-23 where we see that Jesus is praying that the disciples would be "one" just as Jesus and the Father were "one." I asked you if that showed that the disciples were also God, which it must if John 10:30 means Jesus is God.

"I do not ask on behalf of these [disciples] alone, but for those also who believe in me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in me and I in You, that they also may be in us. The glory which You have given me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as we are one."

I'm still waiting for an answer. It looks like the disciples are God also, because they would be "one" with Christ and the Father.

John 10:31 shows nothing except the Jews wanted to kill Jesus. They gave him a weak answer as to why they wanted to kill him---because he was "making himself out to be God" (NASB). You'll notice that immediately following this accusation Jesus refuted it. Have you read JOHN 10:34-36? He corrected them, saying, "I AM THE SON OF GOD."

Not God.

Are you going to actually read my response to you?

:think:

Nanja

So you believe Jesus and the Apostles taught error ?

Jesus said whosoever believes in Him would NOT perish but have eternal life.

The Apostle Paul taught in Romans 10 that whosoever believes.

Then along comes men and changes what Jesus and the Apostles taught.

Believing on Christ is a Fruit and Gift of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth.

Unless a person is Born Again, he cannot Believe on Christ. Period!

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~~~

KingdomRose

Why do you insert a downright lie? They picked up stones to kill Him because "He said God was His Father...thus making Himself equal with God" THAT is what the scripture says

You wish our destruction because we worship Him as God...it is the religion of Cain.

You ignorant fox, calling me a liar. He did not say that he was God---the Jews accused him of that. All he said was that GOD WAS HIS FATHER, as you wrote above in your post. You are so steeped in blindness that you can't even see what the scriptures actually say.

:rip:

KingdomRose

Not if he is a Jew. Then his words are not false. A Jew can legally say he is son of God and not being false because he is speaking as part of the People of Israel aka His son. (Exodsus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me."

Any Jew can say he is son of God and still be not a twisting he does. The Torah confirms that he is son of God. Read Exodus 4:22,23.

The Jews did not kill Jesus. Why would they kill a fellow Jew who came to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter? If you are sincere enough to want to do who contributed for the killing of Jesus on the cross, read Luke 19:37-40 and you will know it. His disciples did it when they acclaimed Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem. This was a criminal charge bordering on insurrection punishable with crucifixion. Even some of the Pharisees tried to save Jesus by asking him to stop his disciples or he would be arrested. Probably because Jesus was enjoying the parade, he said he could not stop them or the stones would shout. Hence he was arrested and taken to the cross with his verdict INRI commanded by Pilate to be nailed on the top of his cross.

Yes, indeed, they knew that and we know even today that there is nothing wrong with the Jewish claim that we are son of God because the Torah says so. (Exodus 4:22,23)

Why are you saying this to me? I am arguing that Jesus NEVER SAID HE WAS GOD. That is the issue here. Totton says that Jesus said he was God. SHE is twisting the scriptures.

dodge

Believing on Christ is a Fruit and Gift of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth.

Unless a person is Born Again, he cannot Believe on Christ. Period!

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~~~

Jesus said to "repent" and "believe" the gospel.....BELIEVING is what you decide to do or not do. I will stay with what Jesus taught.

Mar 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jesus said to "repent" and "believe" the gospel.....BELIEVING is what you decide to do or not do. I will stay with what Jesus taught.

Mar 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Scripture teaches faith is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-10) and repentance is granted by God (II Timothy 2:25; Acts 3:26, 5:31, 11:18

Jesus taught in order for men to be able to repent and exercise faith in their hearts, their hearts, ears, eyes, and minds must first be changed through regeneration (being born again) of the Holy Spirit. John 3:1-8