UK Deaths At 20,732 10% Of ALL Global Fatalities

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ah, I wasn't aware that they had seceded from the Union as well.

you're wandering again - I was explaining that "Metro NYC" includes more than New York City proper

The New York metropolitan area is the largest metropolitan area in the world by urban landmass, at 3,450.2 sq mi (8,936 km2)[17]. The metropolitan area includes New York City (the most populous city in the United States), Long Island, and the Mid and Lower Hudson Valley in the state of New York; the five largest cities in New Jersey: Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, and Edison, and their vicinities; and six of the seven largest cities in Connecticut: Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Norwalk, and Danbury, and their vicinities.

My mistake. Why not Michigan? Pennsylvania?

There's an argument to be made for Philly, but NYC and the surrounding counties, NJ and Conn and LI all followed the insane liberal practice of deliberately flouting the recommendations and warnings coming from Washington (and, inexplicably, Albany) throughout February. Mass caught fire from Conn.

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I'm getting the impression that most of the COVID related deaths in the US used to be in NYC, but now it is shifting. Is that right?

Coronavirus infection rates are spiking to new highs in several metropolitan areas and smaller communities across the country, according to undisclosed data the White House's pandemic task force is using to track rates of infection, which was obtained by NBC News.

10 areas saw surges of 72.4 percent or greater over a seven-day period compared to the prior week, according to a set of tables produced for the task force by its Data and Analytics unit. They include Nashville, Tennessee; Des Moines, Iowa; Amarillo, Texas...

--
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-report-shows-coronavirus-rates-spiking-in-heartland/ar-BB13Wi0a?ocid=msedgdhp

eider

What's the matter boys?

You've had a field day lately mocking the deaths in my country, ridiculing the deaths of tens of thousands of my fellow countrymen.

Nothing to say about your own?

Not as funny when you can't lay it at the feet of Trump?

The above was sent on April 26th......
Although your filthy-fake-news about Arthur Brain or myself making fun of people dying in the US (or anywhere) was quite enough to put you on ignore, I thought it might be a good idea to let our situation run here in the UK for a time before replying. You do seem to have been enjoying posting up our losses here in the UK. Says so much about you......... but now it's time to reply.

You commenced this thread:- UK Deaths At 20,732 10% Of ALL Global Fatalities Started by ok doser, April 26th, 2020, 05:54 PM.................... you commenced another three days before:-
Thread Title:- Britain - Land of the Fear and the Home Of The Sheeple? Started by ok doser, April 23rd, 2020, 05:30 AM
................................ In the UK, people want even tougher restrictions.

I'll try to keep this very simple for you in the hope that it might register, ok?
We just need to discover which of the above threads you really meant or whether you were just baiting and trolling, on the one hand laughing at our attempts to stall very high losses, or on the other laughing at our rising death tolls?

The two thread titles seem to contradict each other. Which were you making fun of........ the masses of Brit deaths or our efforts to reduce these?

eider

Coronavirus infection rates are spiking to new highs in several metropolitan areas .......................

Hi........ That's what we are worried about here in the UK.
We are just beginning to relax the measures, very slightly, in England only.
Tomorrow more shops, services, a few venues (parks, golf clubs etc) will open partially. But we are worried that any mistake could spike the graphs and cause a run on our NHS services which only just held out over recent weeks.

If we are exposed to any increases in the death tolls then we will know because Lockdown will return very swiftly and our daily press reports will know.

Arthur Brain

The above was sent on April 26th......
Although your filthy-fake-news about Arthur Brain or myself making fun of people dying in the US (or anywhere) was quite enough to put you on ignore, I thought it might be a good idea to let our situation run here in the UK for a time before replying. You do seem to have been enjoying posting up our losses here in the UK. Says so much about you......... but now it's time to reply.

You commenced this thread:- UK Deaths At 20,732 10% Of ALL Global Fatalities Started by ok doser, April 26th, 2020, 05:54 PM.................... you commenced another three days before:-
Thread Title:- Britain - Land of the Fear and the Home Of The Sheeple? Started by ok doser, April 23rd, 2020, 05:30 AM
................................ In the UK, people want even tougher restrictions.

I'll try to keep this very simple for you in the hope that it might register, ok?
We just need to discover which of the above threads you really meant or whether you were just baiting and trolling, on the one hand laughing at our attempts to stall very high losses, or on the other laughing at our rising death tolls?

The two thread titles seem to contradict each other. Which were you making fun of........ the masses of Brit deaths or our efforts to reduce these?

See, this is why he's on ignore and if you hadn't linked my name when the notification came up then this thread would still be invisible. Not that I mind too much that you did it but please don't in future if that's okay. I logged out in order to read it from the OP and lo and behold, the same tired, dumb shtick. He doesn't care about any of the tragedies, whether it's in America, the UK or anywhere else. He just uses stuff to perpetuate his pathetic little agenda of trolling, calling people retards in an incredibly non inventive way and it has to be said, such an ironic fashion. This is the tool who once dared Town Heretic to prove his lawyer credentials on pain of the "loser" being on the receiving end of a permanent ban. There was only going to be one loser in that and after TH's status had been verified by Ask Mr Religion (AMR) and Knight had told him to pack his ridiculous stalking in he's still here. He's not worth your time or anyone else's.

Arthur Brain

Hi........ That's what we are worried about here in the UK.
We are just beginning to relax the measures, very slightly, in England only.
Tomorrow more shops, services, a few venues (parks, golf clubs etc) will open partially. But we are worried that any mistake could spike the graphs and cause a run on our NHS services which only just held out over recent weeks.

If we are exposed to any increases in the death tolls then we will know because Lockdown will return very swiftly and our daily press reports will know.

These latest measures are also indeterminate and vague, "stay alert"?

Not impressed.

eider

See, this is why he's on ignore and if you hadn't linked my name when the notification came up then this thread would still be invisible. Not that I mind too much that you did it but please don't in future if that's okay.
OK..... I'll do my best. I should also have linked jgarden's name together with ours but I know that he is banned and that doser had compiled a list of that member's entries and provided them for the bosses to review...... didn't Judas do something like that?
Anyway..... I get your request.

I logged out in order to read it from the OP and lo and behold, the same tired, dumb shtick. He doesn't care about any of the tragedies, whether it's in America, the UK or anywhere else. He just uses stuff to perpetuate his pathetic little agenda of trolling, calling people retards in an incredibly non inventive way and it has to be said, such an ironic fashion.
Authur, I get it, OK? For myself I do need to read any posts because I might choose to reply, is all.

This is the tool who once dared Town Heretic to prove his lawyer credentials on pain of the "loser" being on the receiving end of a permanent ban. There was only going to be one loser in that and after TH's status had been verified by Ask Mr Religion (AMR) and Knight had told him to pack his ridiculous stalking in he's still here. He's not worth your time or anyone else's.
That he severely upset a good and decent friend of yours who then left the forum is in fact a great loss for TOL. I read TH's posts and know that he is a brilliant debater, and debaters from all corners of the community, religion, humanism and the world are needed for forums to really flourish.
Forums which are filled with members who send out nothing but 'Yeah, that's right' messages to each other are most dull.

On the side of this......... do you ever wonder why I visit here? I have often wondered why you came to TOL.. That's just me..... :)

eider

These latest measures are also indeterminate and vague, "stay alert"?

Not impressed.

Well, you're not alone in being unimpressed. Wales, N.I., Scotland have not been impressed either.
Today when I go out cycling I'll be able to see any differences, and on Friday these differences may change yet again.
Up until now I have been impressed with the government's guidance and the whole community's response. Obviously I can see that we completely messed up over warden, care and nursing homes, a tragedy..... just like we messed up with our 'expeditionary force' at the beginning of ww2....... humans can mess up with new situations. Our fighter tactics were a joke until we had lost valued lives. We mess up. We learn.

Let's see how it pans out......

Arthur Brain

OK..... I'll do my best. I should also have linked jgarden's name together with ours but I know that he is banned and that doser had compiled a list of that member's entries and provided them for the bosses to review...... didn't Judas do something like that?
Anyway..... I get your request.

Authur, I get it, OK? For myself I do need to read any posts because I might choose to reply, is all.

That he severely upset a good and decent friend of yours who then left the forum is in fact a great loss for TOL. I read TH's posts and know that he is a brilliant debater, and debaters from all corners of the community, religion, humanism and the world are needed for forums to really flourish.
Forums which are filled with members who send out nothing but 'Yeah, that's right' messages to each other are most dull.

On the side of this......... do you ever wonder why I visit here? I have often wondered why you came to TOL.. That's just me..... :)

Ah, no worries eider and TH didn't leave because of doser and was more bemused by his bonkers antics than anything. I'm still in touch with him elsewhere and I think he just got tired of the way the forum was going. I came here to begin with after a friend from another forum recommended it and at the time it was vibrant, full of traffic and despite the obvious bias there was plenty of opportunity for vigorous debate. It was quite cathartic despite the number of bans I accumulated...:eek:

Arthur Brain

Well, you're not alone in being unimpressed. Wales, N.I., Scotland have not been impressed either.
Today when I go out cycling I'll be able to see any differences, and on Friday these differences may change yet again.
Up until now I have been impressed with the government's guidance and the whole community's response. Obviously I can see that we completely messed up over warden, care and nursing homes, a tragedy..... just like we messed up with our 'expeditionary force' at the beginning of ww2....... humans can mess up with new situations. Our fighter tactics were a joke until we had lost valued lives. We mess up. We learn.

Let's see how it pans out......

It's too vague and non committal. What the hell does "Stay alert" actually mean in itself with regards to this virus? Okay, keep social distancing but this could backfire and nursing homes weren't supported anywhere near enough along with staff.

Gary K

Banned
11.2% per cent of global fatalities now 33,264 of 296,784

get hit by a bus and its attributed to wuhan virus now :idunno:

That is just what is happening in the US. Plus, in the US, the way testing is being done has changed considerably. They are now counting tests administered instead of people tested. That's a big difference in methodology that leads directly to the over counting of cases.

From the CDC's own site:
About the Data
These data only represent viral tests. Antibody tests are not currently captured in these data.
  • These data are compiled from a number of sources. Not all viral tests are reported to CDC.
  • The number of positive tests in a state is not equal to the number of cases, as one person may be tested more than once.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html

eider

Ah, no worries eider and TH didn't leave because of doser and was more bemused by his bonkers antics than anything. I'm still in touch with him elsewhere and I think he just got tired of the way the forum was going. I came here to begin with after a friend from another forum recommended it and at the time it was vibrant, full of traffic and despite the obvious bias there was plenty of opportunity for vigorous debate. It was quite cathartic despite the number of bans I accumulated...:eek:

Ha ha! Loads of bans, eh?
I got banned for a day, about a year or two ago.
Can't say why or I'll get banned again, I suppose.

I've read TH on a forum I know but not recently.

eider

It's too vague and non committal. What the hell does "Stay alert" actually mean in itself with regards to this virus? Okay, keep social distancing but this could backfire and nursing homes weren't supported anywhere near enough along with staff.

Let's see....... if the sickness figures begin to rise then they'll have to back peddle.

IMO Boris made a serious mistake yesterday. He was questioned about the care homes tragedy and he denied that he had advised that care homes could be overlooked as of 'no real risk'. He denied this.... in Parliament. The BBC showed a 'PM's letter' which shows that he wrote that down exactly..... several weeks ago. He's going to get questioned about that today, we hear.

During the election campaign people complained again and again that when under pressure Boris lies. He's too old to change now. That's no good.
Whilst I really like his gestures of determination and his 'go forward together' speeches, if he falls back in to fibbing on demand then he'll bust himself.

Arthur Brain

Ha ha! Loads of bans, eh?
I got banned for a day, about a year or two ago.
Can't say why or I'll get banned again, I suppose.

I've read TH on a forum I know but not recently.

Picked up a fair few...:eek:

I think TH is focussing more on family and work at the moment.