Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

Well... I bought my current computer seven years ago.
You mean nobody bought you and the Sibbie a computer as a wedding gift? :shocked:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Last night's experience with the chatroom pushed me over the edge. I think I may be getting a new computer tonight. I'll probably end up getting it with a 19" flat panel though. Hopefully that will get me through till next decade.
For that kinda money you could get a sweet Mac AND buy MS Office!

Save yourself years of agony!!!!!!!

Come over to the side of good and light turbo..... leave the darkness of Windows behind!!!!

Its not too late!!!

P.S. I hear they use Mac's in heaven so you may as well get used to them now.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

:doh: :nono:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

For that kinda money you could get a sweet Mac AND buy MS Office!

Save yourself years of agony!!!!!!!

Come over to the side of good and light turbo..... leave the darkness of Windows behind!!!!

Its not too late!!!

Will it have a printer and scanner? Will I have enough left over to buy PhotoShop?

I haven't had much luck finding prices for macs online. The choices seem pretty limited.

There's this eMac™ G4 with 17" Display for $1000, and there's this iMac® G4 with 20" Display for $2000, but I don't see much in between.

There is this Power Mac® with PowerPC G5 Processor 1.6GHz for $1600, but it doesn't even come with a monitor, let alone a printer.

I suppose I should give Lion a call an ask if he can help. ;)

What do you recommend, Knight?

(that Sony would cost $1880 with a 19" panel, after rebates. With the 17", it would be around $1750.)

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Will it have a printer and scanner? Will I have enough left over to buy PhotoShop?

I haven't had much luck finding prices for macs online. The choices seem pretty limited.

There's this eMac™ G4 with 17" Display for $1000, and there's this iMac® G4 with 20" Display for $2000, but I don't see much in between.

There is this Power Mac® with PowerPC G5 Processor 1.6GHz for $1600, but it doesn't even come with a monitor, let alone a printer.

I suppose I should give Lion a call an ask if he can help. ;)

What do you recommend, Knight?

(that Sony would cost $1880 with a 19" panel, after rebates. With the 17", it would be around $1750.)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Which alternative are yall talking about?

There's OpenOffice.org, Star Office, Corel...

I actually avoid office apps as much as possible. I'm certainly not a desktop publisher! (Though some assume that since I like computers that I also like to make that silly powerpoint junk.) A pure text editor is all I need 99% of the time.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Poly

You mean nobody bought you and the Sibbie a computer as a wedding gift? :shocked:
:ha: That would have been funny! The closest we got to a computer was the digital camera Turbo's parents bought for us!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by the Sibbie

:ha: That would have been funny! The closest we got to a computer was the digital camera Turbo's parents bought for us!
Yeah... we have to use the Sibbie's computer to download the digital pictures because mine doesn't have USB.

the Sibbie

On one hand, I know that Turbo will probably be frustrated having to convert all his stuff to a different computer with a different system, not to mention the frustration of trying to figure out how to use a Mac (I have to live with him ya know). :nono:

But on the other hand, if he has to learn the Unix system it will be one more thing under his belt. Plus, he does well with figuring out how to use computer stuff, it might just take some patience. (Patience is hard for him when he so badly wants to post on TOL, though. :doh: )

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by the Sibbie

On one hand, I know that Turbo will probably be frustrated having to convert all his stuff to a different computer with a different system, not to mention the frustration of trying to figure out how to use a Mac (I have to live with him ya know). :nono:
Learning to use a Mac is like learning how to eat or drink from a cup... it just comes naturally! :D