Truth Smacker

Damian

What exactly is a truth smacker? And is open rebuke really better than love carefully concealed?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What exactly is a truth smacker? And is open rebuke really better than love carefully concealed?

I've recommended a change in the slogan above, since it's somewhat convoluted and adversarial, a passage being used for one's own agenda.

Religious egos might be thrilled at the prospect of 'truthsmacking' as a form of contest, whereas truth universally speaking is a divine principle or reality common to all, that reality which is fundamental to existence. That 'truth' can be shared as a liberating force for all conscious beings speeding us along our spiritual evolution and path of ascension as opposed to a form of dogma used as a billyclub to 'smack' contenders with, defending some 'concept' of truth with apologetics.

pj

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Argument-Ancient-Aliens.jpg

pj

Oh. :plain:

glorydaz

I've recommended a change in the slogan above, since it's somewhat convoluted and adversarial, a passage being used for one's own agenda.

Religious egos might be thrilled at the prospect of 'truthsmacking' as a form of contest, whereas truth universally speaking is a divine principle or reality common to all, that reality which is fundamental to existence. That 'truth' can be shared as a liberating force for all conscious beings speeding us along our spiritual evolution and path of ascension as opposed to a form of dogma used as a billyclub to 'smack' contenders with, defending some 'concept' of truth with apologetics.

pj

Humanism....ya gotta kinda chuckle, don't ya? :chuckle:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
eclectic delights......

eclectic delights......

Humanism....ya gotta kinda chuckle, don't ya? :chuckle:

Nothing like getting truthsmacked back by a new-age humanist serving truth of a higher form :)

We reiterate that using a passage to support one's religious protocol is natural to human nature or the cult employing such if it serves its agenda, this goes for any organization. It's all good....from their perspective.

I think a less adversarial slogan would be better but that's just a personal opinion :angel:

pj

glorydaz

Nothing like getting truthsmacked back by a new-age humanist serving truth of a higher form :)

We reiterate that using a passage to support one's religious protocol is natural to human nature or the cult employing such if it serves its agenda, this goes for any organization. It's all good....from their perspective.

I think a less adversarial slogan would be better but that's just a personal opinion :angel:

pj

I can appreciate your input concerning a "less adversarial slogan", but you only prove my point about your being a humanist when you suggest your "truth" is a "higher form" than the TRUTH of the word of God. :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame

pj

The truth cannot be known. Is that a true statement?

Far out...groovy...

Damian

I believe in the dialectical process. So, I don't have a problem with term. In fact, I rather enjoy truthsmacking, especially when I am doing the smacking. Open rebuke is better than love carefully revealed. That's why they call it tough love.

Incidentally, next time you feel compelled to resurrect one of my old threads, I suggest you raise this one: "I am in the Will of God"

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I believe in the dialectical process. So, I don't have a problem with term. In fact, I rather enjoy truthsmacking, especially when I am doing the smacking. Open rebuke is better than love carefully revealed. That's why they call it tough love.

Incidentally, next time you feel compelled to resurrect one of my old threads, I suggest you raise this one: "I am in the Will of God"

Will check it out.....I often resurrect old threads that have good dialogue content, and was paging thru your thread archive and saw this one. I've added to more than one of your threads on 'free will' already and enjoy 'choosing' those options :)

You can look through your subscribed threads folder and personally created thread list to see past archives. It's sometimes better to keep an older charter thread on a subject going (continuing dialogue there) than making new threads on same subject.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One Light...........

One Light...........

I can appreciate your input concerning a "less adversarial slogan", but you only prove my point about your being a humanist when you suggest your "truth" is a "higher form" than the TRUTH of the word of God. :chuckle:

I see Truth as being universal so it is not limited to one's designation or qualification or some circumscribed collection of books. The reality of God is omnipresent, ever available, immanent and transcendent.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Reality......

Reality......

Oh. :plain:

Reality is what actually exists from moment to moment....as most fundamental. It is 'be-ing' and 'be-coming'.
It's essence is at the heart of all. The "I" of consciousness is not seperate from that......since the world arises in and exists only to the "l" that I Am. Consciousness is the only reality, of which all else are only reflections.

pj