Trump vs Clinton

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Sometimes you just have try at least one time. In my opinion , we are in a religious war with godless secular Humanism which operates as the majority state religion(in spite of denials).

True I suppose, but it does not take a religious president to win that war, if I may veer off topic a little bit. . If you think about it, any president who is totally faithful the Constitution will nullify the Godless freaks, even if he is not trying too.

Hitching one's wagon to a man like Donald Trump, despite "CatholicCrusader's" assurances to the contrary, seems like a desperate move to me!

The problem with an "ANYBODY BUT HILLARY" vote is that based on his past performance, Trump is probably the real "godless secular Humanist" that we should all fear!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Romney was never on my 'golden boy' list. He was just better than the alternative. The primary issue for me remains the attacks on Christian values by the godless Secular Humanists led by Obama/Clinton. No hope with Clinton.
Whatever Hillary's faults she remains a far better example of Christian values than "The-Donald"
whose only saving grace appears to be his ability to make money.

Matthew 19:24 - And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Sometimes you just have try at least one time. In my opinion , we are in a religious war with godless secular Humanism which operates as the majority state religion(in spite of denials).

True I suppose, but it does not take a religious president to win that war, if I may veer off topic a little bit. . If you think about it, any president who is totally faithful the Constitution will nullify the Godless freaks, even if he is not trying too.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Right, the baby-killing, pro-gay-marriage, big-government lying criminal is a fine example of Christian values... ...to an idiot!

Welcome to the Ignore List
Where has "CatholicCrusader" been for the last year - Trump is already on the record endorsing Planned Parenthood, he opposes the North Carolina law targeting transsexuals in public washrooms and he has stated that he will be "the best friend" that the LGBT community has ever had!

Now all this could change between now and 2:01pm but the fact remains that Trump doesn't support those core issues that "CatholicCrusader" believes.

As for Trumps upholding the Constitution, his ban on Moslem immigration and deporting those who believe in sharia law would violate several of the Bill of Rights - starting with the 1st and 5th Amendments.

Given that Trump's older sister, Maryanne, is a United States federal judge on senior status for the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, he should be well aware that such pronouncements may serve as "red meat" for the conservative base, but have no hope of being enacted!

FOOTNOTE: one of "The Dpnald's" numerous lawsuits was directed against the former Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin after she alleged that the Miss USA 2012 pageant was "rigged," - one of Trump's favorite words. A federal judge upheld the settlement and "Ms Monnin" is now obliged to pay Trump $5 million in damages!

Last edited:

radind

Whatever Hillary's faults she remains a far better example of Christian values than "The-Donald"
whose only saving grace appears to be his ability to make money.

Matthew 24:19 - And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Clinton does not represent Christianity. She represents the godless Secular Humanists who kill unborn babies.
I am not holding Trump up as an example of Christian values in any way. It is just that he does not represent a threat to Christianity. Clinton does.

radind

Hitching one's wagon to a man like Donald Trump, despite "CatholicCrusader's" assurances to the contrary, seems like a desperate move to me!

The problem with an "ANYBODY BUT HILLARY" vote is that based on his past performance, Trump is probably the real "godless secular Humanist" that we should all fear!

But Trump is not religious at all. Obama/Clinton lead the religion of godless Secular Humanism. I see Trump as neutral on religion.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Right, the baby-killing, pro-gay-marriage, big-government lying criminal is a fine example of Christian values... ...to an idiot!

Welcome to the Ignore List
I am devastated that "CatholicCrusader" will have to find another "target" upon which to hurl his personal insults when someone has the audacity not to agree with him.

I was under the impression that this was "forum" for the exchange and debate of ideas - those who are either unable or unwilling to defend their ideas when challenged would be better served by restricting themselves to the "less threatening" sections of Theology Online - such as "The Grandstands" or "Post of the Day!"

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
But Trump is not religious at all. Obama/Clinton lead the religion of godless Secular Humanism. I see Trump as neutral on religion.
Someone who is neutral on religion is an "agnostic" and conservative Christians are simply deluding themselves if they believe that Trump has any moral commitment to their agenda.

Trump is loyal to Trump, and will drop you the moment the polls tell him that him that he can get more support by changing positions!

Agnosticism - the view that the truth values of certain claims, especially metaphysical and religious claims such as whether God, the divine, or the supernatural exist – are unknown and perhaps unknowable.

- philosopher William L. Rowe: "... agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist."
- agnosticism is a doctrine or set of tenets, rather than a religion as such

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Clinton does not represent Christianity. She represents the godless Secular Humanists who kill unborn babies.
I am not holding Trump up as an example of Christian values in any way. It is just that he does not represent a threat to Christianity. Clinton does.

Donald Trump Praises Planned Parenthood Again, Attacks “So-Called Conservatives” Who Disagree
March 1, 2016

Some pro-life voters are wondering how long Donald Trump can continue to praise the nation’s largest abortion business and continue getting away with the claim that he opposes abortion or would sign a bill defunding Planned Parenthood. Tonight — unprompted by an interview or attack from a fellow Republican presidential candidate or from someone on the pro-abortion side, Trump praised the nation’s biggest abortion conglomerate.

To be sure, Trump couched his praise in opposition to abortion. But, there’s something genuinely hypocritical for a presidential candidate to say he opposes abortion and Planned parenthood funding on one hand while praising the nation’s biggest abortion corporation on the other.

SIGN THE PLEDGE: I Pledge to Vote for a Pro-Life Candidate for President

It would be one thing if the hypocrisy came on some obscure policy issue related to taxes or government — it’s quite another when the duplicity regards the life and death of 58 million unborn children and the 324,000 unborn babies Planned Parenthood eviscerates in a given calendar year.

Yet here is Trump again defending Planned Parenthood on the night he should have been celebrating primary victories in a handful of states. This time, however, Trump goes further. Not only does he defend Planned Parenthood, he attacks pro-life voters who disagree with him:

Trump dismissed the notion he is not a true conservative because he supports Planned Parenthood, insisting he is “just doing what’s right.”

“Look, Planned Parenthood has done very good work for many, many — for millions of women,” Trump said in a news conference Tuesday night. “And I’ll say it, and I know a lot of the so-called conservatives, they say that’s really … cause I’m a conservative, but I’m a common-sense conservative.”

Trump said he would not fund Planned Parenthood “as long as you have the abortion going on,” but noted the “millions of people — and I’ve had thousands of letters from women — that have been helped.”

“And this wasn’t a set-up. This was women writing letters. But I’m going to be really good for women, I’m going to be good for women’s health issues, it’s very important to me. Very important to me,” he said.

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/03/01/...attacks-so-called-conservatives-who-disagree/
Far be it it for me to be the bearer of bad news about "radind's" chosen candidate, but Trump's position on abortion and Planned Parenthood is confusing at best and requires a huge "leap of faith" for those conservative supporters who think he is ProLife!"

Trump has been deliberately ambiguous during the campaign, maneuvering Christian conservatives into a corner where he is the only candidate they can support - despite the fact they still don't know where he stands on most of the issues that concern them most!

radind

Far be it it for me to be the bearer of bad news about "radind's" chosen candidate, but Trump's position on abortion and Planned Parenthood is confusing at best and requires a huge "leap of faith" for those conservative supporters who think he is ProLife!"

Trump has been deliberately ambiguous during the campaign, maneuvering Christian conservatives into a corner where he is the only candidate they can support - despite the fact they still don't know where he stands on most of the issues that concern them most!

You are misreading the facts. It is godless Secular Humanism led by Obama/Clinton that threatens the existence of Christianity. Trump is a sinner and I am under no illusion that he is a Christian. But , I see the threat posed by Secular Humanism. Clearly, you do not. Trump, with all his faults is not a threat.

radind

Someone who is neutral on religion is an "agnostic" and conservative Christians are simply deluding themselves if they believe that Trump has any moral commitment to their agenda.

Trump is loyal to Trump, and will drop you the moment the polls tell him that him that he can get more support by changing positions!

Agnosticism - the view that the truth values of certain claims, especially metaphysical and religious claims such as whether God, the divine, or the supernatural exist – are unknown and perhaps unknowable.

- philosopher William L. Rowe: "... agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist."
- agnosticism is a doctrine or set of tenets, rather than a religion as such

No, Trump is essentially areligious( Not Christian, not agnostic, not Secular Humanist, not anything,...).
He cares nothing for religion and I see no evidence for Trump being agnostic. I doubt that he ever thought about this. I do not agree that being neutral on religion equates to being an agnostic.

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
No, Trump is essentially areligious( Not Christian, not agnostic, not Secular Humanist, not anything,...).
He cares nothing for religion and I see no evidence for Trump being agnostic. I doubt that he ever thought about this. I do not agree that being neutral on religion equates to being an agnostic.

Well... ...I like your posts, but isn't saying Trump is areligious perhaps a tad bit over the mark? I think he believes in Jesus, but he's not really a practicing Christian. I suppose one could say that a non-practicing Christian is not a Christian at all, but that's semantics. I think he believes but he probably has other things besides Jesus at the front of his mind day to day.

radind

Karl Popper on Religion( including Secular Humanism)
http://catallaxyfiles.com/2015/07/14/karl-popper-on-religion-science-and-toleration/
… "It is necessary to make it quite clear that I am speaking here about religion in a very general way. Although I always have Christianity in mind, I want to speak in sufficiently general terms to include all other religions and especially religions like Buddhism, Islam or Judaism. Everybody agrees that these are religions. I shall…extend the term even further.
He suggested that a person can be considered religious if he or she has some faith that provides a basis for practical living, in the manner of people who appeal to an orthodox religious faith to guide their moral principles, their actions and their proposals for social improvement. ...
By invoking the idea that we are all motivated by some kind of faith (which he chose to call our religion) he hoped to get over the dispute between the militant atheists (who he regarded as proponents of the religion of atheism) and people of orthodox religious beliefs. He wanted to get past the issue “Have you a religion or not” to address the question “What are the principles of your religion?” – “Is it a good religion or a bad religion?”
He was in favour of “good” religions, including the faiths of secular humanists,...

radind

Well... ...I like your posts, but isn't saying Trump is areligious perhaps a tad bit over the mark? I think he believes in Jesus, but he's not really a practicing Christian. I suppose one could say that a non-practicing Christian is not a Christian at all, but that's semantics. I think he believes but he probably has other things besides Jesus at the front of his mind day to day.

You may be correct. I am reacting to Trump's history that does not reflect any religious concern, in my opinion.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You may be correct. I am reacting to Trump's history that does not reflect any religious concern, in my opinion.

I agree. I don't think anyone in the media ever had the slightest interest in looking into that aspect of his life, so facts are pretty scarce.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
RNC Gives Sodomite (Besides Trump :greedy:) a Standing Ovation

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).