Trump Threatens to Sue Fox News!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Remember when Trump the billionaire raked in a quarter of a billion dollars from his gullible followers to pay for legal fees to overturn the 2020 election and then didn't use the money for that purpose, but instead, sank millions of dollars of it into his failing businesses? Wasn't that awesome?

The Lincoln Project remembers, so they made a political ad about it and aired it on Fox News. Trump saw it and got so mad that now he is threatening to sue Fox News for airing it! Isn't that great?

You can read more about this at the link below:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
At 8.38pm on 4 November 2020, the day after America had gone to the polls to elect its next president, Donald Trump sent out a message to hundreds of thousands of his supporters from the email address contact@victory.donaldtrump.com.

“Friend,” it began. “The Democrats are trying to STEAL the Election. I’ve activated the Official Election Defense Fund and I need EVERY PATRIOT, including YOU, to step up and make sure we have enough resources to PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF OUR ELECTION.”

Over the next nine weeks Trump bombarded his loyal followers with a blitzkrieg of emails, sometimes 25 in a single day. Some of the emails were specific, like the one sent on 8 November calling for help in Michigan where Trump said “we have filed a lawsuit to halt counting” (the email didn’t say that a judge had already thrown out the complaint as baseless).

Some of the emails were general, pleading with Trump supporters to “defend our democracy” and prevent the “Radical Left” from “DESTROYING America”. They were sent under several different names – from Trump himself, his sons Don Jr and Eric, the former speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, the current chair of the Republican National Committee Ronna McDaniel, and then vice-president Mike Pence.

Despite the nuances, all the millions of emails sent out from the @victory.donaldtrump.com address essentially said the same thing. They exhorted Trump supporters to back the “Official Election Defense Fund” with their hard-earned dollars.

“If EVERY Patriot chips in $5, President Trump will have what it takes to DEFEND the Election and WIN!” said the email that was transmitted on 10 November – three days after Biden’s victory had been sealed.

There was only one problem with this epic flurry of emails: the Official Election Defense Fund did not exist. As the House committee investigating the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol revealed in a public hearing this week, Trump and his allies raised $250m from the emails by persuading loyal followers to donate to a chimera.

There was no fund dedicated to fighting election battles as part of Trump’s mendacious and ultimately vain “big lie” that the presidency had been stolen from him. Instead, the money went into Trump’s new fundraising entity Save America Pac, from where millions of dollars were distributed to pro-Trump organizations including his own hotel properties and the company that produced the Ellipse rally in Washington on January 6 just hours before the storming of the Capitol.

As Zoe Lofgren, a Democratic member of the January 6 committee, put it: “The big lie was also a big rip-off.”

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Former President Donald Trump hit back at Fox News and the Lincoln Project after the #NeverTrump group got under his skin with an ad that aired at his golf resort in New Jersey. Deriding the GOP group as “sleaze,” Trump vowed to sue Fox for approving the ads for broadcast.

“The (Lincoln Project) should not be allowed to “false advertise,” and Fox News should not allow it to happen,” Trump wrote on his social media site. “See you all in Court!!!”

Lincoln Project founder Rick Wilson wasted little time chortling about Trump’s hissy fit. “Trump’s threat to sue the Lincoln Project today is like Trump himself; impotent, flabby, and pathetic,” Wilson added in an interview with Mediaite.

Trump claimed that Fox has turned against him, citing its decision to run the ad. He blames former House Speaker Paul Ryan, a GOP rival and member of the Fox News board.

“The Paul Ryun run Fox only has high standards for “Trump” ads, but not for anyone else,” Trump wrote, misspelling Ryan’s name.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Hmmmm...Yeah, lookin' like Donny's going into a corkscrew. :unsure:

And then some:

President Donald Trump's former White House lawyer Ty Cobb called the ex-president "a deeply wounded narcissist" who is "incapable" of acting out of anything other than self-interest in an interview with CBS News' Major Garrett.

Garrett pressed Cobb, who worked in the White House as a special counsel to Trump in 2017 and 2018 and represented the former president during his first impeachment, about Trump's refusal to admit he lost the 2020 election.

"Do you regard that as a defect in his character?" Garrett asked.

Cobb said, "I believe former President Trump to be a deeply wounded narcissist, and he is often incapable of acting other than in his perceived self-interest, or for revenge. I think those are the two compelling instincts that guide his actions."

Arthur Brain

And then some:

President Donald Trump's former White House lawyer Ty Cobb called the ex-president "a deeply wounded narcissist" who is "incapable" of acting out of anything other than self-interest in an interview with CBS News' Major Garrett.

Garrett pressed Cobb, who worked in the White House as a special counsel to Trump in 2017 and 2018 and represented the former president during his first impeachment, about Trump's refusal to admit he lost the 2020 election.

"Do you regard that as a defect in his character?" Garrett asked.

Cobb said, "I believe former President Trump to be a deeply wounded narcissist, and he is often incapable of acting other than in his perceived self-interest, or for revenge. I think those are the two compelling instincts that guide his actions."

Narcissist?! What?

Oh surely not.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The MAGAs on this forum probably wouldn't even want to admit that they bought one of Mike Lindell's pillows at this point.
:unsure: Wellll...I don't know about them but I bought six or seven of them over the years and some other stuff too. Good products and well worth the money when the sales run.

But then, I'm not known for giving a damn what people think. 😁 It's one of my charms.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Oh. He is NOW acknowledging the obvious …

How perceptive.

People like Cobb and Barr were enablers and Yes-men. He needs to sit down and shut up.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Oh. He is NOW acknowledging the obvious …

How perceptive.

People like Cobb and Barr were enablers and Yes-men. He needs to sit down and shut up.
Well....To be fair, I would say the "deeply wounded" part is recent. :unsure:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
:unsure: Wellll...I don't know about them but I bought six or seven of them over the years and some other stuff too. Good products and well worth the money when the sales run.

But then, I'm not known for giving a damn what people think. 😁 It's one of my charms.
You remind me of me whenever I purchase ice cream from that stupidly-woke company Ben & Jerry's. Maybe I'm being a bad conservative but I don't care.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You remind me of me whenever I purchase ice cream from that stupidly-woke company Ben & Jerry's. Maybe I'm being a bad conservative but I don't care.
I hear ya...IMHO people are entitled to be as foolish & immoral as they choose to be before their Creator. As long as they fulfill their contract honorably with me for whatever I don't care what they do.

Now granted...Some people may become so abhorrent to me, so offensive to me that I choose not to do business with them for whatever reason.

Which is my choice...I will decide this, not the "party" or "organization. Just as I will stand before OUR LORD and answer for it. 😐

....And they do make good ice cream.