Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION], [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION]

i believe that you both agree that we need to have civil law - correct me if i'm wrong

what do you think its purpose is?

and how do you think it should be constructed/modified?

what guiding principles should apply when modifying civil law?

ok doser

glory makes a comment about law:
They're expecting the law to do what the law was never intended to do.

tam responds to that comment and layers it with sin:
Which sinner do I want to condemn today, and which sinner do I want to forgive today?

doser assumes that tam's comment was made with regard to law and responds:
when did you get the ability to forgive sinners?

glory moves the goalposts and responds:
A husband can't for give his wife?

We can forgive those who have offended us. Don't you agree?

and tam gleefully jumps on:
What????? You don't think you can forgive anyone?????
Sad.
I've always had the ability to forgive.

glory, tam - there was a local case near here that got national attention a couple of years ago - a pedophile and his "wife" kidnapped a pair of local amish girls and held them for a couple of days before releasing them unharmed.

do you have the ability to forgive Stephen M. Howells II and Nicole Vaisey?

it came to light in the investigation that Howells and Vaisey had sexually abused children in the past, frequently, that the amish girls kidnapping was just a continuation of ongoing behavior

NYS chose to imprison them for life

I believe they should have been executed, swiftly

what do you think?

ok doser

...it came to light in the investigation that Howells and Vaisey had sexually abused children in the past, frequently, that the amish girls kidnapping was just a continuation of ongoing behavior....

howells had access to pharmaceutical grade opiates and traded them to local drug addicts for the opportunity to molest those addicts' children - the children were drugged into compliance (and so as to prevent memory) and the mothers were complicit, so they wouldn't report Howells and vaisey - doing so would incriminate them and jeopardize their supply of drugs. The state police investigation found evidence of this having happened over a period of several years

but many people would argue that drug laws are "moral laws" and are unjust

what do you say about that?

ok doser

Where there is life, there is hope.

are you against the death penalty in toto?

then it would appear that you are either inconsistent or you don't believe your own argument

Nonsense. Don't you know the difference between a seared conscience and one for which there is still hope?

what do you think paul meant when he referred to a "conscience seared with a hot iron"?

i believe he was very specific - you seem to think it has a broader meaning which excludes paul's meaning and includes others - murderers?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Tambora, @glorydaz

i believe that you both agree that we need to have civil law - correct me if i'm wrong
I don't need any law to live by faith.

what do you think its purpose is?
Law condemns the guilty.
And law never cleans up society, it just makes more guilty people.
Each law made will make more people guilty that were not guilty before the law was made.
Eventually you could make enough laws to condemn every single person on the planet.

At the core, law kills.
As Paul said, he was alive without the law, but when the law came he died.

The same premise can be shown with Adam & Eve before the two trees; one with restrictions (law) and one without restrictions (no law).
They had no shame of their nakedness until they partook of the tree with restrictions (law).
That tree of restrictions (law) killed them.
Without law they were alive.
When the law came they died.

and how do you think it should be constructed/modified?

what guiding principles should apply when modifying civil law?
Makes no difference, as I can live by faith no matter what laws you want to implement.
What law is it that you need implemented to live by faith?

If you would like to talk more about this in more detail, I will return the favor.
But if you just want to belittle again, and name call again, and accuse again, then I will return that favor too.
Makes no difference to me which way you want to go with it.

ok doser

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION], [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION]

I don't need any law to live by faith.

ok, so a pretty significant point of disconnect - you don't believe we need to have civil law

hard to see where to go past this :idunno:

i'll wait to get glory's response

glorydaz

what do you think paul meant when he referred to a "conscience seared with a hot iron"?

i believe he was very specific - you seem to think it has a broader meaning which excludes paul's meaning and includes others - murderers?

Paul speaks of a seared conscience all throughout his letters...reprobates....those who are past feeling....God gave them up to uncleaness.....God gave them up. God gave them over to a reprobate mind.

You know the ones. Those who for whom there is no hope. They have gone too far into the dark side to ever come back. Their conscience is SEARED. Cauterized. Without life.

glorydaz

ok, so a pretty significant point of disconnect - you don't believe we need to have civil law

hard to see where to go past this :idunno:

i'll wait to get glory's response

Since you ignored her response, I'm not too excited about giving you mine. :chuckle:

Go back and address what she wrote...not just her comment about herself personally.

ok doser

... law never cleans up society, it just makes more guilty people.

i've been watching videos today about ww2 and the aftermath and wanted to come back to this claim of yours (i've seen similar statements by glory)

as the allies drove across europe from both east and west and countries were liberated, and as germany fell, the societies that were freed were left with collapsed social structures, especially law enforcement and the legal/judicial system

one of the first things done by the occupying forces was implementation of military law, enforced by military police, in order to clean up those societies, in order to confront violence and chaos, in order to protect the weak from the strong. The military law implemented was enforced swiftly and harshly and was generally considered by those involved to be effective.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Paul speaks of a seared conscience all throughout his letters...reprobates....those who are past feeling....God gave them up to uncleaness.....God gave them up. God gave them over to a reprobate mind.

You know the ones. Those who for whom there is no hope. They have gone too far into the dark side to ever come back. Their conscience is SEARED. Cauterized. Without life.

What happened to this?

Where there is life, there is hope.

Apparently you don't believe it as much as you thought you did...

glorydaz

glory makes a comment about law:

tam responds to that comment and layers it with sin:

doser assumes that tam's comment was made with regard to law and responds:

glory moves the goalposts and responds:

and tam gleefully jumps on:

Please don't do that. It reminds me of a certain rag. If you know what I mean.