Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

glorydaz

glory wants to put justice on the shelf, replace it with mercy

but glory doesn't believe punishment acts as a deterrent :dizzy:

Don't talk about me if you're going to say stupid stuff. :sibbie:

Justice isn't what YOU claim it is.

So you can't accuse me of putting anything on the shelf.

The righteous man doesn't need any law, and the unrighteous will do what they want in spite of the law.

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They're expecting the law to do what the law was never intended to do.

Tilting at windmills.
And a bit lacking in grace, mercy, and forgiveness for a sinner.

Which sinner do I want to condemn today, and which sinner do I want to forgive today?
Decisions decisions.
The choice could go either way.

glorydaz

And a bit lacking in grace, mercy, and forgiveness for a sinner.

Which sinner do I want to condemn today, and which sinner do I want to forgive today?
Decisions decisions.
The choice could go either way.

I'm old enough to know that things are seldom black and white.

Do we have stories we could tell, Tam?

I knew a gal... :listen:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God doesn't want ME specifically (or citizens in general) to be the ones to punish criminals.

Why this is so hard for you to understand is beyond me...
Probably because I know that it was the witnesses themselves that were to cast the first stone of the execution.
Individual citizens, not the authorities.
That was the way it was to be done according to the moral Mosaic law.
And probably for good reason ----- so that folks would not flippantly make accusations against someone.
They better be ready to snuff out the very life of the one they accused themselves.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Which might work fine for those who shed innocent blood, although I place no stock in jail house conversions.

So let me ask you this, what would be the rate at which convicted criminals guilty of committing capital crimes be for accepting Christ as their Savior IF they knew that they were going to be put to death sooner rather than later?

But it sure won't work for those who could learn from reaping what they have sown.

What about learning from what others have sown? Is that not a possibility?

How about learning that adultery destroys families and lives, and ends in death, all from the execution of adulterers and adulteresses?

Because adultery leads to death, whether it's the one who committed the crime or someone related or just someone else in society who is killed because of it.

We preach the Gospel to sinners.

Which does not exclude those who have committed a crime and are on death row, waiting to be punished.

All kinds of sinners who don't yet have seared consciences.

And what about the ones who do have seared consciousnesses? You just going to let them go to hell without witnessing to them?

You might very well be standing in God's way...not doing His bidding.

And even those who DO!

GD, you seem to be very selective in who you want to witness to...

Perhaps you're the one standing in God's way, opposing Him when you should be standing with Him.

Have you ever properly considered that?

Consider the opportunity cost of not putting capital criminals to death (in this case adulterers).

Many of those people, while they might (and a low possibility at that) end up working things out, they'll never get the one-on-one experience that they would if they were awaiting their punishment for their crime.

I've been watching a lot of Ray Comfort's videos (fabulous guy, He really knows how to share the gospel) and many of his videos show him witnessing to groups of people, but most of them are one-on-one encounters, where he and the person he's talking to are standing or sitting around talking about life and death issues. Most of the videos where he's in a larger group, the person who's on the stand that he's talking to directly usually reject what he says. But when he talks to people individually, most of the time they come a lot closer to knowing Christ than ever before, even if they don't accept Him on the video.

Which again, brings me back to my question, if haven't already answered it by this point:

What percentage of people would come to know Christ if they had a one-on-one with someone if they knew they were going to die within 48 hours of their conviction?

The government's job is to protect us from KILLERS and such....

Duh. Including adulterers.

not adulterers and other such moral crimes.

Why? Because you say so?

They are there for our SAFETY not our moral outrage.

They are there to protect the innocent and punish the guilty.

Don't talk about me if you're going to say stupid stuff. :sibbie:

Justice isn't what YOU claim it is.

But it IS what GOD claims it is.

And GOD says to execute the adulterers.

So you can't accuse me of putting anything on the shelf.

The righteous man doesn't need any law, and the unrighteous will do what they want in spite of the law.

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.

And yet, Paul says that the law is there FOR THE WICKED!

WE (as a society) NEED the law to punish the wicked, otherwise they'll just claim they didn't do anything wrong and continue doing it.

A husband can't for give his wife?

Sure he can. Going to the judge doesn't have to be the first thing he does.

Not sure why you would think he couldn't try to make things right first...

We can forgive those who have offended us. Don't you agree?

We can't forgive sin. Only God has that authority.

We can forgive someone who has harmed us, but ONLY if they repent. If they are unrepentant, then we shouldn't forgive them.

Probably because I know that it was the witnesses themselves that were to cast the first stone of the execution.

DUH! UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE GOVERNMENT!

They didn't just say "Oh this guy deserves to be put to death so lets stone him."

NO!

They went to a judge, who has authority, and HE says to put the criminal to death, and the witnesses and victims will be the ones to cast the first stones.

[QUOTEIndividual citizens, not the authorities.[/QUOTE]

Individual citizens WHO HAD THE AUTHORIZATION OF THE GOVERNMENT TO DO SO!

Anything else and it would have been MURDER!

That was the way it was to be done according to the moral Mosaic law.

And? See above.

And probably for good reason ----- so that folks would not flippantly make accusations against someone.

They better be ready to snuff out the very life of the one they accused themselves.

What's your point?

What????? You don't think you can forgive anyone?????

Straw man.

Doser said "forgive sinners."

Not "forgive anyone."

Only God can forgive someone who has sinned against Him.

You or I could not forgive a murderer, because we're not the one he murdered. To the extent that he has harmed us, and if he is sorry for it, we can forgive him, but we cannot forgive a murderer for forgiving someone else.

Go read http://kgov.com/automatic-forgiveness.

Sad.
I've always had the ability to forgive.

:blabla:

Arthur Brain

your (you and tam) participation in this thread has been a series of strawmen followed by an orgy of self-satisfied back-clapping among the two of you and the two retards who don't believe in God, but are happy to dogpile on those who believe He should be heeded

Well, no it hasn't you silly little man and who knows who you're on about in the latter cos I'm not an atheist. None too bright...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
we've already established that you and i have very different ideas about what utility is served by civil law

worth revisiting this, and it may shed some light on why we seem to be talking at cross purposes

i believe that civil law exists for three primary reasons

1. to punish those who break the law
2. to deter those who might otherwise engage in actions that are made illegal
3. to make clear societal expectations of permissable behavior

let's take a look at rape for an example

1. the law serves to punish those who rape
2. the law serves to deter those who might rape if it was not illegal
3. the law serves to make clear societal expectations about raping/not raping

having worked with many youth, as an educator, as a parent, as a scout leader, i've seen the tremendous importance of #3, and i've seen the confusion in young minds when societal norms are turned on their head

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
take note that nowhere in there is an expectation that civil law will make man good or righteous or is intended to keep him from sinning

take note also that that list of three is just off the top of my head - i may well have missed something important