Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

Give us a few, outside of the cosmetic.

Why presume at all? Why not just ask the pertinent questions and for the requisite references? Why assume anything?

Actually in regards to the swimming question, it's a matter of culture and not race. Even those who agree with me are not getting this . Black culture for the longest time (in America....nowhere else) has not emphasized swimming as a leisure time activity and certainly not to the degree that white americans have. This has led to the disparity in ability to swim.

Alate_One

There is data out there suggesting black men cannot swim. This justifies my reluctance to hire them as lifeguard.
What data is that? And did you tell this guy about it? :O

TD_Cocoa%20Kiss_Cullen%20Jones_1.jpg

glorydaz

statistically speaking, blacks are less likely to be good swimmers, they are more likely to have IQ scores lower than whites (who are more likely to have IQ scores lower than asians), they are more likely to have higher concentrations of fast-twitch muscle fibers, higher bone density, higher frequencies of certain diseases (sickle cell, htn..)

The libs think it's racist to be factual. ;)

Alate_One

Actually in regards to the swimming question, it's a matter of culture and not race. Even those who agree with me are not getting this . Black culture for the longest time (in America....nowhere else) has not emphasized swimming as a leisure time activity and certainly not to the degree that white americans have. This has led to the disparity in ability to swim.

Not emphasized? You mean they were banned from public swimming pools whites used. Usually pools were not built in black areas or if they were, they were far inferior.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think you mean the disparity in those who choose to learn and utilize swimming recreationally. That's a bit different from:

There is data out there suggesting black men cannot swim. This justifies my reluctance to hire them as lifeguard.
There isn't any empirical data that suggests black people can't swim. There's evidence of a lesser buoyancy, on average, with blacks having the aforementioned denser bone structure and, on average, less body fat. But it's no real impediment to swimming.

ClimateSanity

Data on ethic swimming ability differences.....

USA Swimming/University of Memphis study found ethnic differences.

68.9% of African-American children with no or low ability to swim.

African-American children aged 5 to 14 3.1 times more likely to drown.

Study quizzed 2,000 children and parents in six US cities.

41.8% of white children with no or low ability to swim.

There is a large difference in ability to swim among black and white American children . Are you going to tell me this difference disappears with age?

Alate_One

What data?????

Where is my proof that I'm a racist? Either give it or apologize now.

Can't and don't know how are two different things. You understand that right?
Because saying you won't hire a black lifeguard says, "I believe black people are inherently unable to swim."

glorydaz

I think you mean the disparity in those who choose to learn and utilize swimming recreationally. That's a bit different from:

There isn't any empirical data that suggests black people can't swim. There's evidence of a lesser buoyancy, on average, with blacks having the aforementioned denser bone structure and, on average, less body fat. But it's no real impediment to swimming.

No "real impediment". That's like saying being short is no real impediment to playing basketball. Yes, it can be done but it's rare for a reason....that reason is a real impediment.

ClimateSanity

Did I say all black people can not swim? No. So quit accusing me of it.

ClimateSanity

Can't and don't know how are two different things. You understand that right?
Because saying you won't hire a black lifeguard says, "I believe black people are inherently unable to swim."

No ma'am, it does not say that. It only says that in your mind....not mine. Quit being a mind reader and while you're at it, apologize to me for calling me a racist .

ClimateSanity

How about basing your decision on the qualifications of the person involved and their ability to fulfill their role instead?

That's exactly what I would do if the information is provided by the applicant and the information has been corroborated by references. If none of that is forthcoming, there is no choice but to decide based on statistics.

ClimateSanity

I have to go now. In the morning there better be an apology or I will take it up with knight to give you an infraction for calling me a racist without cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.