Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

You know

You know

how can you hang around TOL
and
not feel superior?

My dear Chrys, I think of you as a brother. So I shall mitigate my response accordingly.
I hang around here because there are so many knowledgeable, witty, spiritual and enlightened people here. Many of whom, you included, have enriched my life.
I hang around here because there are some people who have touched my heart as well as my mind.
And, most of all, my spirit has been enriched.
I believe I have something of value to share along with the nonsense and attempts at wit.
I have laughed out loud and I have wept tears of sadness here.
I have prayed and asked for prayers. With wondrous results I might add.
We are brothers and sisters here, if we want to acknowledge it or not. There is one Father, one family, loved equally and given equal opportunity to return that love. But of course, there is many a mile to travel before we get home. :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi:
peace, bybee

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
My dear Chrys, I think of you as a brother. So I shall mitigate my response accordingly.
I hang around here because there are so many knowledgeable, witty, spiritual and enlightened people here. Many of whom, you included, have enriched my life.
I hang around here because there are some people who have touched my heart as well as my mind.
And, most of all, my spirit has been enriched.
I believe I have something of value to share along with the nonsense and attempts at wit.
I have laughed out loud and I have wept tears of sadness here.
I have prayed and asked for prayers. With wondrous results I might add.
We are brothers and sisters here, if we want to acknowledge it or not. There is one Father, one family, loved equally and given equal opportunity to return that love. But of course, there is many a mile to travel before we get home. :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi:
peace, bybee

we are all brothers
but
how can you not be disappointed by some of the threads and posters we have here?
still
I hang around for the opportunity to learn and teach
or
maybe it is just fun

bybee

Well

Well

we are all brothers
but
how can you not be disappointed by some of the threads and posters we have here?
still
I hang around for the opportunity to learn and teach
or
maybe it is just fun

I am rarely disappointed. Irritated, yes! Aggravated, yes! Occasionally enraged, yes! Stupified, yes! But also informed, entertained and enriched, yes!
bybee

Nick_A

Well, there's no altering your opinion...:drum:

You miss me, don't you...:think: Okay. You want my attention (this being your 2 for 2 in consecutive TH references), you have it.

Regarding your previous nonsense, when and if a brief/pleading is filed we'll know what and if they have a legal leg to stand on. Threatening is usually the tactic of someone without a substantive chance of achieving a victory before the bar. It's a way of building public pressure and exposure...that said, early on I noted the strongest legal challenge I could think of and set out why your objections failed to fall in any reasonable camp.

Now that was a substantive response to a bit of noise and nonsense. The next time I'm going to beat you to pieces with the ol funny stick you can't see coming, again. :D

The issue is simple. If the courts decide that it is OK to attack Christian women and children on the steps of the supreme court bowing their heads in a prayer of support for the court as an "assemblage" with the potential for creating attention, it means that all people walking together while chatting will be prohibited. It means families communicating must be kicked off as well. That means a father and mother gathering with their two children on the steps and making remarks like"Someday you may also be a justice" will be prohibited. Of course you will say that prohibition only refers to "selected assemblages."

When that happens, and approved bigots have the opportunity to pursue their bigotry, then the party is over and America is no more. It is time to leave if one can while they still can. It is as simple as that.

No one with a soul can be happy when selective bigotry is licensed to dominate.

PlastikBuddha

PB

You are a blind believer so by definition blindly defend a misguided belief through this New Age critical thinking you share with those like TH.

The actual information content of that sentence can summarized as follows:
:blabla:

No, we have a sitting president and no one in authority has proven on what basis but insist on the blind belief tht you favor. I don't know of another explanation other than the acceptance of corruption which makes people look the other way.
How about that you have completely and utterly failed to demonstrate that there is any corruption? Are we supposed to just blindly believe you?
:idunno:
Fact check said something different when supporting Hillary. the COLB has been shown by experts that it is a hoax and how the hoax was made. I posted the link to the video that explains it for those who understand photoshop techniques.

You are blindly accepting a hoax. This means you either trust politicians or believe in the goals of the hoax. Either way you are misguided.
You have been shown to be in error. You are either a troll or a liar at this point.

He may have been born on the moon for all I know.
Or care.
What I do know is that there is no proof of where he was born.
And you don't even know that.
The only thing offered is the COLB which one doesn't have to be born in Hawaii to get and is probably a hoax.
The testimony of those who have seen, touched, and sniffed the actual birth certificate is on record.
:mrt::duh:
The process has been satisfied, Nick. But keep on keeping on, maybe there are a couple people here on TOL who will blindly believe you.

I considered them and found them wanting.
Right....
I do not bow to the politician gods or the Great God TH.
Or to logic. Or common sense.

No. You just don't understand Christ's mission.
:ha:
The fact that as we are, asleep to reality, we are incapable of objective evil, is the reason we are unable to sin against the Spirit and capable of salvation.
Support?

When you sleep at night, there are many reasons why you may awaken and can be either intentional or unintentional. It is the same with psycho/spiritual sleep. But to intentionally strive to awaken requires the recognition that one is asleep to reality.

No. what you call "passion" is why for many the faith OF Christ has degenerated into faith IN Christ, the capacity for love of life itself which is Christian love devolved into selective animal love, and the degeneration of Christianity into Christendom. What you call "passionate" when taken to the extreme is actually demonic.
Now you're just making stuff up again.
:yawn:

Nick_A

so if I am happy

does that mean I don't have a soul?

Probably. Very few have a developed soul capable of bearing awareness of the human condition The more the seed of the soul begins to develop, a person is willing to sacrifice transient happiness for "joy." The real meaning of what Jesus said becomes clear:

Mark 8:

36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

The more the seed begins to grow, the more the distinction between qualities of emotion become experienced. Also a person is more inwardly responsible. Probably for most it is better just trying to be happy and a nice person rather than considering the worth of Christianity. They don't hurt themsleves on the inside.

So as in the song: "Don't worry, be happy."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Probably. Very few have a developed soul capable of bearing awareness of the human condition The more the seed of the soul begins to develop, a person is willing to sacrifice transient happiness for "joy." The real meaning of what Jesus said becomes clear:

Mark 8:

36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

The more the seed begins to grow, the more the distinction between qualities of emotion become experienced. Also a person is more inwardly responsible. Probably for most it is better just trying to be happy and a nice person rather than considering the worth of Christianity. They don't hurt themsleves on the inside.

So as in the song: "Don't worry, be happy."

is there any way I can get a soul?

Nick_A

is there any way I can get a soul?

Sure. Nurture the seed of the soul. Allow the seed to grow. That is what Christianity is about: cooperation between people for the purpose of becoming Christian or the New Man with a soul. Christian love as distinguished from earthly love is the ability to help another to nurture the seed.

Matthew 13:

18"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

Provide good soil for the seed and give it a chance. The trouble is that we are confused as to what good soil is and how to provide it. To make matters worse, as we begin to grow, we become more vulnerable to inner corruption which can leave a person worse off then if they had never started experimenting. It is difficult to consciously carry ones cross rather than justifying the darkness for the sake of nurturing the seed

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Sure. Nurture the seed of the soul. Allow the seed to grow. That is what Christianity is about: cooperation between people for the purpose of becoming Christian or the New Man with a soul. Christian love as distinguished from earthly love is the ability to help another to nurture the seed.

Matthew 13:

18"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

Provide good soil for the seed and give it a chance. The trouble is that we are confused as to what good soil is and how to provide it. To make matters worse, as we begin to grow, we become more vulnerable to inner corruption which can leave a person worse off then if they had never started experimenting. It is difficult to consciously carry ones cross rather than justifying the darkness for the sake of nurturing the seed

if I get a soul, will I still be happy?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If you are concerned for my happiness, then on my birthday send over a cute blonde, lobster tails, and some good scotch, and I'll be a happy man.

do you remember saying

"No one with a soul can be happy when selective bigotry is licensed to dominate."

so I was just wondering if you had a soul
or
if you were happy

Status
Not open for further replies.