Trolls and Attention Whores

Status
Not open for further replies.

assuranceagent

I agree.

In fact, I think we'd all agree.

...that TH really is an attention whore. :plain:

You hit the nail on the head when you said he was mad too....

...oh wait. You said angry. Nevermind.

I love this thread.

:chuckle:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So get this into your thick heads - and I mean that as such a compliment compared to what I fear may really be in there -
I did not like the evil harmful wicked vampire way some of you have acted.
Examine yourself. A casual review of your previous posts indicates you brought it all on yourself. If you wanted to be less maligned you would have taken the irenic high road in your posts from the start. You did not, choosing to join the fray and behaving just as uncivilly as some of those you now decry. You cannot have it both ways. Think about it. :squint:

And, by the by, I doubt that if TH insulted you, that you would even perceive the insult so given. His backhands are wicked cleverly deployed. ;)

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I posted this in the back alley so I guess it's alright for me to say mean things here.
Knock yourself out...or better yet. :Clete:
Terms like "troll" and the quirky phrase "attention whore" are kind of funny but to tell the truth no one has ever claimed I needed attetnion like Town Heretic has claimed I do.
Someone must have, since I haven't used the second term to describe you and I'm far from the only one to use the first.

So you're as well reasoned in this as in your larger practice. :thumb:
Town Heretic is an extrovert, he thrives on attention, and it all goes hand in hand with his personality and his public persona.
Helps in a courtroom too. But I think everyone likes to have whatever they do appreciated. Some of us will step up to the mic or plate or bar (of the courtroom variety) because we enjoy the pressure of performing in less controlled environments. Some people make ships and stuff them into bottles. Go figure.
...Town Heretic apparently does not want to admit he was frustrated and angry with me a while back and was posting on my visitor page.
You can set down whatever emotion gives that need of yours a sense of satisfaction, but my response to you went from hopeful (of misunderstanding and broad misstatement on your part) to the sort of treatment I give anyone who acts as you do and reasons as disjointedly as you do.

In my experience, when someone attempts to tell you that you were something rather than demonstrate it by means of say, an actual quote, they're pulling their argument out of their aspiration.

:thumb:

I am sick and tired of being called things...
Then you might want to reconsider launching "look at me" threads. :rolleyes:
If you called me a troll you probably are one.
Right wing fanatic...there, did that make me one? :chuckle:
I did not like the evil harmful wicked vampire way some of you have acted.
If only you were half as adept at self examination. One can only imagine...

This may look like a circus to you - but it is part of your real life. Stand up and be good men and women. Some of you should Stop your Slithering.
Be careful if you choose to or you'll poke a hole in your roof that passers o'er might fall through. :poly:

I agree.

In fact, I think we'd all agree.
And when aa says "we'd all" it's a personal pronoun. :plain: :D
...that TH really is an attention whore. :plain:
But you should see my hourly. :shocked:

assuranceagent

Gee thanks.

:e4e:

I never said Town Heretic called me a whore.

That's because you can only read PMs addressed to you. :plain:

So I very carefully never said he was a whore.
I don't think he is.

Whenever my abilities in a particular area are questionable, I usually call in a professional...

And somewhere between your comment in quotes and mine, just below, is the answer to your problem. :thumb:

And here you are having all kinds of fun with that quirky phrase.

Well, to be fair, only one kind, so far. Though I'm working on a killer follow-up! :reals:

Does this look like a fun thread to you??

Is that a trick question?

How bout dungens? Do you like them?

Never heard of such a thing. But I will say that if they are at all related to biological waste, I'll pass.

Just making an educated guess based on apparent linguistic roots...that's all. :think:

Did you enjoy learning about the Inquisition?

I'm a history buff, if that's what you mean... :idunno:

Maybe Town Heretic is guilty for being some kind of crazy leader of merry men and women, but I don't care about that.

Well, he certainly gives to the poor (of thought).

If Town Heretic attacked someone he wasn't even bothered by just because he could and let others be encouraged to go worse and worse then he should get right.

Well, I've been telling him that for at least two years. Problem is, he claims to straddle the center but, in truth, he's decidedly Left. :eek:

Not COPE OUT or try to blame anybody else (like me) for objecting.

I couldn't agree with you more.

...no, seriously. I couldn't. I don't even know what tile has to do with this conversation. :think:

But glad you are having fun, I guess.

And, in the end, isn't that really what this is all about? Give it a try. Take a deep breath...and let it out in laughter.

At yourself, at others, at the realization that all this drama is playing out on an internet discussion forum where the only true tough guy to worry about is Lighthouse.

...man...I wouldn't want to meet that guy in a dark alley. /shudder.

fool

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that there are six Billion people not on TOL.
May I reiterate my conjecture that foruming wit them may not be as tedious?

student_ad_x

I brought what on myself?

------------
snip

God gives gifts to women believers now
and you all need to watch your *****, uhm, sir.............. um snip

Don't bring a claim to a theological position into your tirades without a sincere profession of a said belief. :jazz:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A lot can be said for never having to face lonliness...

"lonliness" = a rare characteristic in some who exhibit, with uncanny precision, the attributes of TOL poster Lon. Often attributed to the unrelated word: "loneliness".

:p

Love,
Lighthouse

assuranceagent

"lonliness" = a rare characteristic in some who exhibit, with uncanny precision, the attributes of TOL poster Lon. Often attributed to the unrelated word: "loneliness".

:p

Love,
Lighthouse

I'd like to say I did that on purpose and you were the only one who got the joke...

... so I will. :noid:

WizardofOz

Thanks for your thoughts here, folks,
I think this has covered it all, you made some interesting points.
Won't be looking for more here, thanks again.

Wild card thread!!!!! Where's fool?

Speaking of cards, what card games do you play?

OMEGA

Mt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Lu 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

bybee

I have developed a rather horrid fascination for this thread!
Perhaps there is a suitable medication?
My will power waffles.
bybee

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I love the way rainee says she's done, then isn't...or that she's going, but never quite does.

It's marvelous, really. Like one of those teen horror films you think is over and BAM... :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.