Trinity Proof Scriptures

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings musterion and Right Divider, As a child I was taught that there is One God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. As I grew into a teenager and beyond, I became aware of an obscure teaching called the Trinity. I did not then, nor even now many years later, have any understanding of such an obscure and contradictory teaching as the Trinity.

Kind regards
Trevor
The doctrine of the trinity is NOT obscure nor contradictory. It is clear throughout scripture; start to finish.

genuineoriginal

You complicate it for no good reason.
Not at all.
I am not the one claiming that one is three and two is three and three is one and two is one.

a. Christ and God are both called the Savior.
Yes, there can be more than one savior.

b. There is only one Savior, not two.
One saviour that sends another saviour makes two saviours.

Isaiah 19:20
20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.​

c. There is only one God, not two.
And yet, you keep trying to make God more than one.

Christ, therefore, is God.

That's what the Bible shows us. Either you'll accept it all as true or you must reject the Bible.

Believe it or don't.
I can accept the entire Bible without accepting the extra-Biblical theory of the Trinity.
That is the great thing about believing what the Bible actually says.
Whether the Trinity is the truth or it is a mistake that was made with good intentions doesn't matter, since the Bible never says that you must believe in the Trinity to be saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
My memory seems to be a bit short lately.
Can you remind me of whether you have ever responded to one of my posts without acting like an ignorant troll?
That's your best volley, actress? Sit. You're a pathetic drone, who spits hypocritical trash, outside of both sides of your big, fat, mouth, wicked troll-ette wind pipe.

Responded to your "post," you quip. Nice lie, habitual liar. Don't confuse your lack of spiritual discernment, due to that 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV sickness that you have, with any alleged failure on my part, to respond to your antichrist "posts"(loosely employed here).

Can you dig it, troll-ette? Good.

So there.

genuineoriginal

The doctrine of the trinity is NOT obscure nor contradictory.
Of course it is.

It is clear throughout scripture; start to finish.
If that was true, then every Jew would be a Trinitarian instead of a monotheist.
The first recorded Trinitarian was born over a hundred years after Christ was crucified.

The first defense of the doctrine of the Trinity was in the early 3rd century by the early church father Tertullian.
source

genuineoriginal

That's your best volley, actress? Sit. You're a pathetic drone, who spits hypocritical trash, outside of both sides of your big, fat, mouth, wicked troll-ette wind pipe.

Responded to your "post," you quip. Nice lie, habitual liar. Don't confuse your lack of spiritual discernment, due to that 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV sickness that you have, with any alleged failure on my part, to respond to your antichrist "posts"(loosely employed here).

Can you dig it, troll-ette? Good.

So there.
:troll:

Right Divider

Body part
Of course it is.
Of course it's not. See how that works?

If that was true, then every Jew would be a Trinitarian instead of a monotheist.
Fallacious reasoning.

The first recorded Trinitarian was born over a hundred years after Christ was crucified.

The first defense of the doctrine of the Trinity was in the early 3rd century by the early church father Tertullian.
source

Nonsense as per your specialty.

The doctrine of the trinity is all throughout the Bible.

Like Genesis 1:26.

john w

Hall of Fame

Please teach us about posting cute troll pics, since you are a lead troll-ette? Please?

trolls_and_dwarves.jpg

So there.

Get saved.

john w

Hall of Fame

source

Translation: When you discover objective truth, determines if it is, in fact, objective truth.

Thus, this drone "argues" that the earth is flat, and Christianity is false, as both "beliefs" are relatively "recent."

No, troll-ette, belief does not alter verity,neither does it change falsehood;truth goes on eternally, whether anyone believes it, and whether anyone discovers it.Faith trusts the truth-it does not determine it.

Can you dig it? Rhetorical q.

Thank you for your continued "no show" contribution to the world.

Sit, please.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1) I said "trinitarians", I didn't say "you".

So, in other words, you are admitting you were poisoning the well?

I asked you to point out what I had used from pagan philosophy in my argument for a reason.

If you cannot, then at best your assertion does not apply to me, at worst it's bearing false witness.

You're talking with me. Not all trinitarians.

2) as the rest of your post illustrates,

You didn't even read the rest of my post, did you?

you accept the notion of three persons in one Being, which is pure pagan fiction.

Repeatedly asserting your argument is a fallacy.

You need to provide evidence to back up your claims.

Not ONE SINGLE VERSE states, explains or preaches this nonsense.

Again, aside from this being an argument from silence, it's flatly wrong.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. - Matthew 28:19-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:19-20&version=NKJV

There is ONE NAME by which the disciples are to baptise.
There are THREE PERSONS in that one name.

One Being, three Persons.

3) there are SEVERAL concepts derived from purely pagan sources;
A)the definition of "logos"

LOGOS (Greek: λογος) is the Greek word that means:

Strong's g3056

- Lexical: λόγος
- Transliteration: logos
- Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
- Phonetic Spelling: log'-os
- Definition: a word, speech, divine utterance, analogy.
- Origin: From lego; something said (including the thought); by implication, a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (i.e. Christ).
- Usage: account, cause, communication, X concerning, doctrine, fame, X have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say(-ing), shew, X speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.
- Translated as (count): word (177), words (53), account (9), saying (9), a word (8), speech (8), message (6), statement (5), report (4), talk (4), thing (4), in word (3), matter (3), of word (3), an account (2), by a word (2), by word (2), in talk (2), reason (2), a matter (1), a reason (1), accounts (1), an appearance (1), by words (1), commandment (1), his words (1), in speech (1), in words (1), instruction (1), of speech (1), of words (1), on account (1), one thing (1), remark (1), sayings (1), sentence (1), speaker (1), teaching (1), the matter (1), the word (1), things (1), utterance (1), what he says (1), with talk (1), with words (1).

as in Greek philosophy

This ain't a Greek philosophy discussion.

We're talking Christian theology.

You wanna talk about the Bible? Start with what the Bible says, and then later we can get to what the Greek philosophers thought about it.

and theology,

:think:

the divine reason implicit in the cosmos, ordering it and giving it form and meaning.

Sounds like something a Greek philosopher would say.

I'd rather stick to what the actual meaning of a word is, rather than some philosophical idea of what it means.

B)the definition of "spirit",

PNEUMA (Greek: πνευμα) is defined as:

Strong's g4151

- Lexical: πνεῦμα
- Transliteration: pneuma
- Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
- Phonetic Spelling: pnyoo'-mah
- Definition: wind, breath, spirit.
- Origin: From pneo; a current of air, i.e. Breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit.
- Usage: ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare psuche.
- Translated as (count): Spirit (289), spirits (27), of Spirit (17), a spirit (16), in spirit (13), by Spirit (5), with Spirit (4), breath (2), of spirits (2), to spirits (2), of spiritual gifts (1), over spirits (1), Spirit-- (1), through Spirit (1), wind (1), winds (1).

which pagan superstition defines as some kind of "immaterial, yet intelligent, being"

Good thing we're not using pagan superstition as our standard, then. :thumb:

Let's use the actual definitions of words instead, shall we.

C) the notion of being alive DURING death,

Is a Biblical concept.

We know that Jesus' body was in the tomb in the Garden of Gethsemane.

But HE tells us where He went for those three days:

Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”And Jesus said to him, [JESUS]“Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”[/JESUS] - Luke 23:39-43 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke23:39-43&version=NKJV

For we are more than just our bodies, we are body, soul, and spirit.

I don't expect you to understand this, as it's way above your head, currently.

But Jesus didn't lie when He said the above.

And the Bible does not lie when it says His body was in the tomb for 3 days.

which is in almost EVERY religion on the planet....

Maybe that's because their religion is a perversion of truth, yet some truth still remains.

except the true Church.

There are many "true" churches in the Bible. Which one are you talking about?

Anyways, As I have shown above, it's also in the Bible.

Every verse we have discussed so far.

Name one.

ANY extraordinary claim, must provide extraordinary evidence. The trinity has NONE.

The Bible says God is triune.

You're the one making the extraordinary claim that He is not.

The onus is on you to back up your assertion.

You aren't, I am.

So, in other words, you're trying to bring up a red herring?

Boy, you are full of logical fallacies, aren't you?

I've already lost count of how many so far.

When there are similarities, I am going to point that out. We two are not the only ones reading here.

If you want to discuss oneness, make your own thread. This one is about the Trinity.

Go back and re-read our posts. I have pointed it out in every reply to you.

Then you should be able to copy and paste it, should you not?

:think:

You haven't really paid attention to my posts anyways, or at least, you've ignored much of what I've said in the last 5 posts of mine in this thread. Maybe you'll finally respond to them now. :idunno:

musterion

I am not the one claiming that one is three and two is three and three is one and two is one.

God revealed Himself to us as both a plurality and as a singularity. Look into the structure of the Shema. It IS there, and elsewhere. But either we chuck it all as a hopeless contradiction or we accept it.

Yes, there can be more than one savior.

No, that would mean saviors. Both God and Christ are called Savior. Accept it or don't .

One saviour that sends another saviour makes two saviours.

Not when They are repeatedly revealed as One.

And yet, you keep trying to make God more than one.

No, YOU do because you refuse to you understand trinitarianism as it's actually taught. Straw arguments are easier for you.

the Bible never says that you must believe in the Trinity to be saved.

That, you and I can agree on. Paul never makes believing that Christ was and is God manifest in human flesh to be an element of saving faith in the Gospel.

clefty

Matthew 26:39
39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.​

Yes another good one text...”but but but it’s in the Apostle’s Creed”...nevermind the apostles themselves never formulated this one or ANY OTHER...it having been cobbled together by 390 when first alluded to and not in its final form...