Toxicity

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hey, Hot Pockets are good. Abba?....eh, not so much! :plain:
Hot Pockets...when you're too old to justify Cheez Whiz sandwiches.

Abba...when you're too old to appreciate hip-hop.

Speaking of cheese, did anyone see West almost repeat his goof on the Grammy awards? What a doofi. Beck was a good sport. Kanye likely can't spell it.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Hot Pockets...when you're too old to justify Cheez Whiz sandwiches.

Careful there! :mmph:

Abba...when you're to old to appreciate hip-hop.

Toxicity grates no matter the age! :p

Speaking of cheese, did anyone see West almost repeat his goof on the Grammy awards? What a doofi. Beck was a good sport. Kanye likely can't spell it.

No, I saw some blurb of music by Beyonce, retched and turned the channel.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Careful there! :mmph:
So that's not mustard at the corner's of your mouth then.

Toxicity grates no matter the age! :p
Hip hop haters: afraid to break a hip when they bust a move. :eek:

No, I saw some blurb of music by Beyonce, retched and turned the channel.
At first it looked like he might be making fun of himself and a mini amends by the gesture, but afterword he was going on about the lack of respect for "artists" and how Beck should have given her the award.

She's not my cup of tea, but she's really just a singer with songwriters and great production. Beck is actually an artist, like him or not. I think it's funny to see her nominated with him.

That said, you have to admire her tenacity and savvy. She's a bit of a better vocal version of Madonna and with a bit more restraint in terms of piquing certain interest to sell records...at least so far. She's also miles away from the good girl image she started out with, so who knows what she'll do in a year or five.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
wrong comparison

beyonce doesn't produce her voice electronically - she sings by pushing air in a controlled fashion through her vocal cords
Bey interprets other people's music, other people's art. So when I note Pollack painting by numbers would be a closer and actual parallel that's because it demonstrably is. What you attempted wasn't. Pollack using other's paints to create art is no different than a composer using a piano he didn't make to write a sonata.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Bey interprets other people's music, other people's art.

so you consider the songwriter to be the artist, but the singer who performs their work (interprets it) to not be one?

So when I note Pollack painting by numbers would be a closer and actual parallel that's because it demonstrably is.

only if "bey" :chuckle: was provided with a songwriter's output that clearly and explicitly delineated exactly where every inflection and break should occur

and she sang like a robot

but let's see how you feel about these faux artists

artist?
traviatahdl110107.jpg

artist?
luciano_pavarotti_himself_wallpaper-402427-1283740063.jpeg

IMJerusha

So that's not mustard at the corner's of your mouth then.

It could be. :peach:

Hip hop haters: afraid to break a hip when they bust a move. :eek:

If you were my age, you'd worry about bustin' somethin' too!

At first it looked like he might be making fun of himself and a mini amends by the gesture, but afterword he was going on about the lack of respect for "artists" and how Beck should have given her the award.

She's not my cup of tea, but she's really just a singer with songwriters and great production. Beck is actually an artist, like him or not. I think it's funny to see her nominated with him.

That said, you have to admire her tenacity and savvy. She's a bit of a better vocal version of Madonna and with a bit more restraint in terms of piquing certain interest to sell records...at least so far. She's also miles away from the good girl image she started out with, so who knows what she'll do in a year or five.

I'll give you that, and minus the pointy chest attachments which is a good thing too! :eek:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
still waiting for town to weigh in on whether "bev" and "luci" are actually artists

or does his disdain for the artistry of those who interpret other's music only apply to artists of a duskier hue? :think: