Toxicity

IMJerusha

& here is an 'in your face' for you.
I find unkind people a sad thing.
So , thank you ignore list.

I'm sorry, I didn't think I was being unkind and my words weren't meant to be unkind. We do, however, have the responsibility as Christians to live according to God's Word. The "in your face" part was meant to be humorous. It comes from the "How Ironman Should Have Ended" video which my son and I sit around the kitchen and laugh about....college student humor. Here is what I mean.

How Ironman Should Have Ended

If you wish to put me on ignore, that is your right but the fact is that you claimed to be here for your faith. I took you at your word. You can not stand on the extreme leftist platform and stand with Yeshua. It doesn't work and nothing you do can make it work. Yeshua stated we are either for Him or against Him. We can't serve two masters. We can not compromise God and as one Christian who takes the faith very seriously, I can not stand a deaf dumb mute as a Brother or Sister in Yeshua tries to.

Ezekiel 3:18-21 "When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself. Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." Leviticus 18:22
"You shall not murder." Exodus 20:13

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Yes. People who show others "God's love" as humiliation and control clearly have never been shown God's love, themselves. All they've been shown is humiliation and control (authoritarianism) masquerading as God's love. And that is very sad, indeed.

Dude, there wasn't anything humiliating in my post nor did I mean it to be.

PureX

Dude, there wasn't anything humiliating in my post nor did I mean it to be.
My post had nothing to do with yours ... I'm sorry if I created that impression. I was just referring to people who claim they "love" their fellow humans, and then express that love as humiliation and condemnation as a means of enforcing control. The religious authoritarians. :salute:

IMJerusha

My post had nothing to do with yours ... I'm sorry if I created that impression. I was just referring to people who claim they "love" their fellow humans, and then express that love as humiliation and condemnation as a means of enforcing control. The religious authoritarians. :salute:

I believe Jewels believes your post was applicable but I take you at your word, Purex. :)

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
I suspect the "Other" you have claimed lies at the root of the matter. Not a few of those with such a designation have proven themselves to be beyond the bounds with respect to Christian orthodoxy. Your proclivities to the non-canonical and Gnostic Thomas materials does seem to be a hint. If, as you stated elsewhere, you are seeking greater instruction from Scripture, then focus on the canonical books of the Bible, for therein you will find all the teachings needed in your walk of faith.

Also, why not start by explaining what it is about your views that causes you to declare yourself "Other" than orthodox Christianity and see where the discussion goes? Just a thought.

For example, what are your views on the following:

1. the Trinity

2. the full deity and humanity of Christ

3. the spiritual lostness of the human race

4. the substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ

5. salvation by faith alone in Christ alone

6. assurance of eternal security of your salvation

7. the physical return of Christ

8. the authority and inerrancy of Scripture

I am genuinely looking forward to your responses.

AMR

The Trinty is a concept i understand, without needing the word "trinity." #2 goes with #1, and i agree with and believe, the answers are YES, with many details for all 8. Amen:wave: