Toxicity

GFR7

Not likely. That said, I am willing to wager your internet search history is a queer (, i.e., odd) thing to behold. Just sayin'. :AMR:

AMR
I took your advice and sought Pastoral counseling. When I explained my reasons for posting against the same sex marriage agenda and my academic background, he saw no problem with it nor why a religious forum should be antagonistic toward me for it.

In fact, a Catholic forum of which I am a member has posters who focus on the subject as much as I do: These are the chronicles of our times. The subject has broad and far reaching ramifications in all areas of culture and for coming generations.

Why you view me as you do will remain for me a mystery.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I took your advice and sought Pastoral counseling. When I explained my reasons for posting against the same sex marriage agenda and my academic background, he saw no problem with it nor why a religious forum should be antagonistic toward me for it.
It mostly isn't. I think he'd have had another opinion if someone other than you had framed the objections you run into, mostly dealing with singular obsession and volume.

To you? Almost certainly.

GFR7

It mostly isn't. I think he'd have had another opinion if someone other than you had framed the objections you run into, mostly dealing with singular obsession and volume.

Thank you for your opinion. I don't appreciate it, though.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thank you for your opinion. I don't appreciate it, though.
I've never really witnessed you appreciate any opinion that doesn't coincide with your own. That said, at least you're mostly civil and that isn't something to sneeze at.

GFR7

I've never really witnessed you appreciate any opinion that doesn't coincide with your own. That said, at least you're mostly civil and that isn't something to sneeze at.
You haven't been very observant: I have had a fair amount of respect for both alwight and AB - neither of whom agree with me on any point.

What I meant to say is that I cannot appreciate your remarks because I am a human being, who gets as tired of rejection and coldness as much as anyone else. And no, it's not my perception. It's reality (I can see how Rusha enjoyed turning you against me).

In truth, I would have been happier if Pastor F had told me to stop posting - instead, he said I should up the ante.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I can say, from personal experience, that Town Heretic is a . . . . many different adjectives, but never pinpointed. that's an attorney. aloof, yet, how dare you define them. always straddling, never committing. unless you trap them, then they fight, but they don't know how. the real world confounds them, so . . . they take the easier way - :loser:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You haven't been very observant:
It would be unusual, but it's possible. Or I didn't read the posts that evidence it.

I have had a fair amount of respect for both alwight and AB - neither of whom agree with me on any point.
I'm happy to hear it. I do too.

What I meant to say is that I cannot appreciate your remarks because I am a human being, who gets as tired of rejection and coldness as much as anyone else. And no, it's not my perception. It's reality (I can see how Rusha enjoyed turning you against me).
See, that tells me it's entirely your perception. I don't dislike you. I was never "for" you and I'm not "against" you. I didn't know what to make of you at first and then, when you shaped up as a mostly one issue drummer, I picked at you about it. How you characterized that gave me to understand you're prone to emotionalism and that distorts your perception. I dislike behavior, not people. I don't care for ideas some people have and a rare few have methodologies I simply can't stomach, but that wouldn't be you.

In truth, I would have been happier if Pastor F had told me to stop posting - instead, he said I should up the ante.
In truth, you have a bad adviser if he thinks the way to offer informed advise on difference is to get that difference and context from a singular and offended party.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can say, from personal experience, that Town Heretic is a . . . . many different adjectives, but never pinpointed.
I take it I found exception with someone you admire. Given we haven't interacted much it must be that. It must be...Nang?

Well thank you for the temper tantrum and the neg rep. I will endeavor to live past them.

that's an attorney. aloof, yet, how dare you define them.
Not being a slave to emotional outburst doesn't mean you're aloof.

always straddling, never committing.
Absurd. I've spent the better part of a day fending off five or six people over my valuation of an atheist billboard. I've taken the unpopular side of any number of issues and defended people and ideas I don't agree with from unreasoned and unreasonable attack. You sound like regurgitated Nang on the point. It was wrong the first time she tried it and it remains so.

unless you trap them, then they fight, but they don't know how.
Now that's just ridiculous. Rather, lawyers are trained in the art of discourse toward an end. The problem is that critical, analytical approach isn't the natural wheelhouse of many and most lack the training. So it reduces quickly to schoolyard insult or repetition.

the real world confounds them, so . . . they take the easier way - :loser:
See what I mean?

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm slightly disappointed that I have come across so much toxicity , mockery and trickery as a new member.
I have joined this site because I am curious , exploring and want to become more committed to God , but I find it really off-putting when some quite a few people seem to find it a joke or some kind of interview that I need to pass. I don't enjoy elitism and think we should treat each other as equals.
I'm just saying this because if this is the way new members usually get treated you are going to scare a lot away.:allsmile:
TOL is very different then other websites. By its very nature it tends to be a bit edgy. Those that send down roots and stay grow a thick skin. Thin skinned people don't last here. I hope you can adapt and we can get to know you better. When we get to know you better is when we put you in things like the women's club.

http://www.theologyonline.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am pleased to read you sought out an ordained servant's counsel. That said, I have my reservations that you explained your singular focus and provided ample example of the same. Was this your own church's Pastor? What is the denomination? What exactly is your academic background that comports with your single-minded agenda?

It should not be a mystery given your avatar, focus, and posts therein. There is something not healthy, broken, if you will, about you and it bleeds forth in most of your posts. I do not know if you are a shut-in, or just a single/divorced, lonely sort bereft of a diverse social circle outside of the computer screen. Do you have a secular day job? Work from home? Any special interests in theology topics that would be relevant to a site such as TOL?

What is your walk of faith like as relates to not neglecting daily Scripture study, rejoicing in hope, being patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer (Romans 12:12), fellowship with other believers, keeping stewardship of the secular and spiritual gifts God has given you, and with regular assembly with others to worship God, receive instruction, access the ordinary means of grace, and be subject to discipline (see also here, and Genesis 15:1-6; Prov. 3:5-8; Romans 5:1-11; Eph. 6, 1 Cor. 9:24-27; Hebrews 10:19-25, 35-39; Hebrews 11:1,6)?

AMR

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You haven't been very observant: I have had a fair amount of respect for both alwight and AB - neither of whom agree with me on any point.

Paranoid much? That is just flat out false. I couldn't care less if all of my friends are on friendly terms with you. I judge them on their own merit as well as how they treat *me*.

Your issues and disregard toward victims who are not your own gender is appalling. Quite honestly, you seem overly emotional and rather unbalanced.

IMJerusha

What I meant to say is that I cannot appreciate your remarks because I am a human being, who gets as tired of rejection and coldness as much as anyone else.

As do I, but I have to stand in the middle here as I care a great deal for all parties concerned here. I know Town and Rusha to be full of great warmth and both possess forgiving natures. I know this of you as well. Yes, I'm sticking my nose in but it really hurts to see good people reduced to ...... this, this stuff. :( You are all so much better than that.

Town says I should not let people get to me so much but I have to wonder how I can not? Life is short and the world is full of such garbage. I wish to God it would just stop, if only for a while. Yes, that's me, the pie lady Polyanna of TOL. :plain:

IMJerusha

With all sincerity, I'm wary of you Elo. I'll answer your question but I doubt it will be sufficient.

I stay with the Church because it's all I've ever known, but I've been struggling with my faith for quite a while now.

My life is in turmoil at the moment and it's part of my life and it's in turmoil too.

I don't think you're struggling with your faith, Anna. Your faith is strong because I see Yeshua reflected in you; in your kindness and generosity of spirit. I'm sorry you're having turmoil in your life and will keep you in prayer. :)

Levolor

As do I, but I have to stand in the middle here as I care a great deal for all parties concerned here. I know Town and Rusha to be full of great warmth and both possess forgiving natures. I know this of you as well. Yes, I'm sticking my nose in but it really hurts to see good people reduced to ...... this, this stuff. :( You are all so much better than that.

Town says I should not let people get to me so much but I have to wonder how I can not? Life is short and the world is full of such garbage. I wish to God it would just stop, if only for a while. Yes, that's me, the pie lady Polyanna of TOL. :plain:

It will stop. Once the rule of Christ within has encompassed the earth.

Come, Lord, come.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya ~~~

GFR7

It should not be a mystery given your avatar, focus, and posts therein. There is something not healthy, broken, if you will, about you and it bleeds forth in most of your posts.
AMR
I am a widower struggling with an adult disabled son who is in and out of the hospital. I haven't healed and am quite deep in grief. Too depressed to respond to the rest now. :plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am a widower struggling with an adult disabled son who is in and out of the hospital. I haven't healed and am quite deep in grief. Too depressed to respond to the rest now. :plain:
Take care of yourself and your son.
And if you would like to discuss your grieving process at some point, we are here for you.

PureX

So all this sexual self-righteousness is a distraction from the pain and loss in your life?

That's interesting, because I'd thought for some time, now, that your obsession with this gay nonsense looked a bit like an addiction (something I'm very familiar with). And this would explain why.

I am very, very sorry for your loss, and for your difficulties. But I honestly don't think obsessing over other people's sexuality is a healthy way of managing your emotional pain and loss (do you really think it is?). I see a LOT of latent anger in it (you admitted, yourself, that people describe you as being very 'passive-aggressive').

As someone who has been through some serious difficulties in life, I would hope that you find a professional to help you through this. Not some religious "life coach" or whatever, but a real psychologist. If your body was injured, you would go to a 'real' doctor, wouldn't you? So why is your mind and heart any less important when they are injured? Find a 'real' professional to help you deal with this. Because reposting anti-gay nonsense on the internet isn't going to do you or anyone else any good.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Of all the forums I have been on in the past 9 years, this one is the one which has the most nastiness, insults, judgment, sarcasm, and downright meanness - whether you are a new member or a veteran poster.

yeah baby! :banana:

He hasn't posted enough threads about homosexuality yet.

now that's toxic

can a christian call a homosexual a homo?

sure

why not? :idunno:

but i prefer to call 'em perverts

Thank you. But there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

there's always a light at the end of the tunnel anna

sometimes it's an oncoming train, which is God's way of smacking you awake

Rusha has said I have an "unhealthy obsession" ....

rusha says a lot of foolish things

case in point:

I am Agnostic.

sorry to hear that geefer - and surprised - i had you pegged for a younger fellow