Town Quixote's

zippy2006

Doormat has a way, on occasion, of setting one's teeth on edge.

So does TH, believe it or not--he opens dialogues with Traditio by telling him that he is not being rational, is making no arguments, and is doing no better than emoting. Trad's responses were graced to say the least. But no one spoke of TH the way that he spoke of Traditio and myself. Besides, self-control is part of life, you can't just blame such outbursts on other people.

And it is possible that you are right: I should not have publicized TH's amazing outburst. But what does TH do when someone else does something like that? He has had two entire threads devoted to publicizing such blunders and making the persons look bad. There is a certain justice present in publicizing his own mistakes, and an irony in doing it in this thread.

bybee

So does TH, believe it or not--he opens dialogues with Traditio by telling him that he is not being rational, is making no arguments, and is doing no better than emoting. Trad's responses were graced to say the least. But no one spoke of TH the way that he spoke of Traditio and myself. Besides, self-control is part of life, you can't just blame such outbursts on other people.

And it is possible that you are right: I should not have publicized TH's amazing outburst. But what does TH do when someone else does something like that? He has had two entire threads devoted to publicizing such blunders and making the persons look bad. There is a certain justice present in publicizing his own mistakes, and an irony in doing it in this thread.
I believe that I see all of you, that is to say, those of you of whom I am so fond, differently than you see each other.
Please understand that I value TH, Trad, you and some others for your own uniqueness.
I am quite nasty at times myself. Yet, I try to give kudos to those posts which warm my heart or enlighten me.
You fellows are on your own if you choose to joust.
I am quite fond of all of you! Blessings, Pat

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Bybee, did you read what he wrote to Doormat? The condescension is palpable.
Only in the eyes that create it, because it wasn't in my mind. You have a problem zip. God alone knows what's at the heart of it, but you couldn't see a good in me unless you first saw a greater good in yourself or an ill in yourself that wasn't dwarfed by my own. The question of your judgment aside, you are responsible for whether you aim for virtue or roll in the mud. No one else decides that and no one else forces you out of character. All other people do is give you an opportunity to display whatever it actually is, for good or ill.

So do both of us a favor and do what I suggested a long time ago: stop starting in with me. It comes to no good for either of us and it's why you probably can't recall the last time I addressed you absent you doing exactly that.

And the quote that sent zip off on this tangent, the emotional outburst he can't believe?

Trad has Aspergers and zip might as well when he gets his dander up, so you have to take them with a compassionate pound of salt.​

Yeah, it's a wonder it wasn't rife with profanity and exclamation. :plain:

The thread was closed,
Not something I had a hand in, but I don't argue other threads here. If you think answering me or anyone is that important you should start a thread on it. I can think of a few people who'd eat it up like candy.

Good luck. :e4e:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It looks like xAv has left the building. Too bad, but you never know who is cut out for this joint. I liked him, even though he tried too hard to shock and offend.

That's probably just his age. If you don't spend half your twenties being outraged by something you're probably doing it wrong. :idunno:

At any rate, he gave me a good goodbye to work with that I think he'd appreciate and will likely appear in the next Gazette...speaking of which, the most recent is found here.

fool

Hall of Fame
It looks like xAv has left the building. Too bad, but you never know who is cut out for this half life. I liked him, even though he tried too hard to shock and offend. That's probably just his age. :idunno:

At any rate, he gave me a good goodbye to work with that I think he'd appreciate and will likely appear in the next Gazette...speaking of which, the most recent is found here.

He'll be back.
They always come back.

zippy2006

...it wasn't in my mind.

I know, and that's a large portion of the problem. Saying such things is second-nature for you. It's just like when you casually responded to TSF by pointing out how lowly and stupid people "of TSF's kind" are, or when you started a thread supporting your idea that sod has a pathetic, wanting life and is jealous of your wife and child. Of course you later deleted that entire thread after locking it, but at the time of the writing you consider these things perfectly normal.

If you worded your posts more clearly and avoided the subtleties that most don't understand you'd be ousted momentarily. But I'm reiterating. :idunno:

And the quote that sent zip off on this tangent, the emotional outburst he can't believe?

Trad has Aspergers and zip might as well when he gets his dander up, so you have to take them with a compassionate pound of salt.​

Yeah, it's a wonder it wasn't rife with profanity and exclamation. :plain:

:dizzy: You think your tongue is clean because you don't shout or use profanity? The man who does is probably more honest, both with others and himself. No one spoke of an emotional outburst but you. I only wish there would be more emotion in your casual outbursts. Second-nature/concealed racism requires neither shouting nor profanity and is all the more shocking because of it. Just so.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know, and that's a large portion of the problem. Saying such things is second-nature for you. It's just like when you casually responded to TSF by pointing out how lowly and stupid people "of TSF's kind" are,

And ... are you stating that SPAMMING the forum to complain and lie about everyone who doesn't agree with the RPN and Catholic church (in baby talk, no less) is the sign of intelligence?

or when you started a thread supporting your idea that sod has a pathetic, wanting life and is jealous of your wife and child.

How else would you explain the nonstop harassment, stalking and flat out misrepresentation of SOD's towards TH? Being that the mods have banned SOD on several occasions for stalking and being an all out pest, there is no point in you trying to twist this situation as you do most others.

Of course you later deleted that entire thread after locking it, but at the time of the writing you consider these things perfectly normal.

Ah well ... he is a paying member and well within his right to delete whatever he writes for any reason he chooses. Funny how that works, eh?

If you worded your posts more clearly and avoided the subtleties that most don't understand you'd be ousted momentarily. But I'm reiterating. :idunno:

Perhaps that would be true if English is not your first language ... OR maybe like a few others, TH's intelligence makes you feel insecure.

:dizzy: You think your tongue is clean because you don't shout or use profanity? The man who does is probably more honest, both with others and himself. No one spoke of an emotional outburst but you. I only wish there would be more emotion in your casual outbursts. Second-nature/concealed racism requires neither shouting nor profanity and is all the more shocking because of it. Just so.

He and others of us don't use profanity for a few reasons: self control and class.

That's it. Anything else you care to whine about, zippy?

zippy2006

And ... are you stating that SPAMMING the forum to complain and lie about everyone who doesn't agree with the RPN and Catholic church (in baby talk, no less) is the sign of intelligence?

Maybe you see nothing wrong with treating TSF in such a way, but I do, and Anna does, and TH does. In fact TH formally apologized to TSF after realizing his mistake. I guess you should take this up with TH. :idunno:

How else would you explain the nonstop harassment, stalking and flat out misrepresentation of SOD's towards TH? Being that the mods have banned SOD on several occasions for stalking and being an all out pest, there is no point in you trying to twist this situation as you do most others.

Maybe you see nothing wrong with treating sod in such a way, but I do, and it seems that TH does too, for he deleted the thread. I guess you should take this up with TH. :idunno:

Ah well ... he is a paying member and well within his right to delete whatever he writes for any reason he chooses. Funny how that works, eh?

Yes, I agree. TOL allows members at a certain level to delete their own threads. I have no problem with that, and I have not said anything to the contrary here.

Perhaps that would be true if English is not your first language .

In fact TH commonly receives complaints about his obscure language, but I am not going to get into an assert-off with you. I doubt I'd win.

:e4e:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
You are not competent to judge TH Zippy!

and in what regard are you competent to judge zippy's competency? :idunno:

rusha demonstrates the depths of her obsession with me:

rusha - Jesus died for your sins

accept Him as your savior and receive eternal salvation!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"Maybe you see nothing wrong with treating TSF in such a way, but I do, and Anna does, and TH does. In fact TH formally apologized to TSF after realizing his mistake."
zippy: I don't appreciate your dragging me into this at all, but particularly not to bring up something from the past for which TH long ago apologized.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know, and that's a large portion of the problem. Saying such things is second-nature for you. It's just like when you casually responded to TSF by pointing out how lowly and stupid people "of TSF's kind" are,
It wasn't casual. I'd had enough of her habit of lazy, insulting and under informed posting and thread creation. But in my ire I crossed a personal line that offended me when I returned to it. So I apologized as publicly as I'd offended. And she accepted the apology.

or when you started a thread supporting your idea that sod has a pathetic, wanting life and is jealous of your wife and child.
I didn't start a thread for that purpose. It's interesting when you choose to refrain from quoting or linking. And by interesting I mean telling.

Of course you later deleted that entire thread after locking it, but at the time of the writing you consider these things perfectly normal.
I've never deleted a thread in my life.

If you worded your posts more clearly and avoided the subtleties that most don't understand you'd be ousted momentarily.
How would you know? Or, no. I don't layer to skirt rules, but because I enjoy a thing functioning on more than one level and meeting more than one audience.

:dizzy: You think your tongue is clean because you don't shout or use profanity?
I think it doesn't read remotely like your misrepresentation, which was the point.

The man who does is probably more honest, both with others and himself.
Of course he is. Because he isn't me, right? :rolleyes:

No one spoke of an emotional outburst but you.
You used "outburst" and "amazing outburst". If you don't know what an outburst is you probably shouldn't be attempting to lecture anyone else on what words mean. :plain:

Outburst: a violent expression of feeling (primary, Webster-Merriam)​

I only wish there would be more emotion in your casual outbursts.
Of course you do. Because then we'd be speaking the same language.

Second-nature/concealed racism requires neither shouting nor profanity and is all the more shocking because of it. Just so.
When you start inventing the motivation of someone to justify your outrage at what they're not actually doing you have a problem.

Friday's Gazette found here.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I believe this is yours...
picture.php