Top physicist on climate change....

genuineoriginal

Except that it never happened. The so called climategate was a misunderstanding by a bunch of moronic media reporters, not understanding the lingo used by the climate scientists in question.
I see your excuse for climategate is that the climate scientists lied in their emails.
That only proves that they are complete liars.
"Climategate" has been debunked so many times that it is just embarrassing for you to keep bringing it up.
Climategate has never been debunked.
In order to debunk it, the climate scientists involved in altering the data would have to produce the original data.
Producing the original data is something they are unable or unwilling to do.

What has been debunked is the credibility of climate scientists.

_____
INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS ACCUSED OF CORRUPTION AS CLIMATE CHANGE ’97 PERCENT CONSENSUS’ CLAIM IS DEBUNKED
. . .
“Cook’s 97% nonsensus paper shows that the climate community still has a long way to go in weeding out bad research and bad behaviour. If you want to believe that climate researchers are incompetent, biased and secretive, Cook’s paper is an excellent case in point.”
. . .
“As an indictment of the corruption of climate science it’s hard to beat. That the Institute of Physics and the University of Queensland would stand behind such a blatant piece of politicking and deceit is almost beyond belief.

“As far as they are concerned when it comes to climate science there is no study too fraudulent, no conduct too reprehensible, no deception too blatant,” he said.
_____​

6days

Something I posted previous is that there seems to be a religious element to climate change...

Some of the most religious people are those who insist they are free from religous beliefs.

Peter Berger of Boston University was discussing how at one time secularists thought that religion would disappear in modern society. He says that notion has failed except in a few European countries and with some American intellectual elites. But is Berger correct? Do we not see secularists adhering to new types of non-theistic 'religion'? Friedrich Nietzsche once declared God to be dead, yet he noticed that even though people may not be religious, they still have religious emotions such as guilt and indignation.
Steven Asma (author of Why I Am Buddhist), a professor from Columbia college says that the new religion of many is the religion of ecology, and the adherents suffer from Green Guilt,a/> This article analysis the religious nature of environmentalism along with its 'doctrines' and 'religious practices' . The author also lends some thought towards other things such as fitness being a religion to some.
Do you think that there is a deep spiritual need within humans that causes us to feel guilt, and then we devise some mechanism to overcome that guilt?
http://chronicle.com/article/Green-Guilt/63447/

Jose Fly

Except that it never happened. The so called climategate was a misunderstanding by a bunch of moronic media reporters, not understanding the lingo used by the climate scientists in question. "Climategate" has been debunked so many times that it is just embarrassing for you to keep bringing it up.

They're creationists....clinging to long-since debunked arguments is what they do. It's in their DNA.

Foxfire

And in typical Darwinist fashion, you think assaulting a guy's credentials or the source is a rational response.
:rotfl:
Stripe said:
Yeah, dude. This thread was about something

Yes, I think it's a very rational response to give due consideration to the credibility of a source before blindly accepting it at face value.

Apparently you don't? :idunno:

If you choose to accept, without question, the 'opinions' of a man who's family, friends and professional associates regard as being "out of his beautiful mind", who theorizes that man will eventually evolve into "clouds" and consider that as being somehow 'rational', that's certainly your prerogative. :plain:

If you have some redeeming commentary as to why we should accept the credibility of Dr. Dyson's theories as they relate to the OP, please present it.

(crickets)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:rotfl:

Yes, I think it's a very rational response to give due consideration to the credibility of a source before blindly accepting it at face value.

Apparently you don't? :idunno:
Not only is the ad hominem response irrational, you are a troll. :troll:

If you choose to accept, without question, the 'opinions' of a man who's family, friends and professional associates regard as being "out of his beautiful mind", who theorizes that man will eventually evolve into "clouds" and consider that as being somehow 'rational', that's certainly your prerogative. :plain:
I refute evolutionists using science and reason. There is never a need to bring up the source in challenging an idea.

If you have some redeeming commentary as to why we should accept the credibility of Dr. Dyson's theories as they relate to the OP, please present it.

(crickets)

Evolutionists hate reading.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

TOL on a scientist that goes with their personal bias with ZERO evidence: This guy is what science should be![/B]

Well....yeah. Think about how evangelical fundamentalist Christians acquire "knowledge". It typically comes as either a divine revelation (e.g., scripture) or a proclamation from an authority figure (e.g., their religious leaders). That's how things work in their world, and we see it reflected in threads like this. Things are so because someone they trust tells them they are so (and it helps greatly when they are reaffirming what they already believe).

But evidence, data, and analyses? That's the currency of scientists, liberals, and atheists.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Let him... It's the only way he knows how to win a discussion.

:doh:

you think anybody "wins" these things?

all you win is permanent enmity

congratulations!

attachment.php

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You think anybody "wins" these things?

We "win" when the evidence stacks up enough so that we can toss out an idea. Unfortunately, evolutionists throw out ideas and do everything they can to make sure evidence is left out of the equation entirely.

I'm not in these conversations to "win." I'm here to have my ideas tested — as they have been in the past, with some of them found wanting.

That's the thing with Darwinists: They trumpet "science," but know nothing about how to practice it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

you think anybody "wins" these things?

Oh, I'm sure he thinks he does, and you too. That's why there's always one of you to mock the person whose name is in red.

all you win is permanent enmity

congratulations!

Did you really think I cared about that? The joke's on you if you did.

As for the photo: It's so like you to make fun at another's expense. Sad, but predictable.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
We "win" when the evidence stacks up enough so that we can toss out an idea. Unfortunately, evolutionists throw out ideas and do everything they can to make sure evidence is left out of the equation entirely.

I'm not in these conversations to "win." I'm here to have my ideas tested — as they have been in the past, with some of them found wanting.

That's the thing with Darwinists: They trumpet "science," but know nothing about how to practice it.

Well, someone was trumpeting a Darwinist in this thread...

Quetzal

Well, someone was trumpeting a Darwinist in this thread...
Everything that he said in that post is absolute crap. I have watched him time and again get cornered and report people to get them banned. Sadly, it works most of the time. He talks about evidence but has never produced any. He belongs in the margins of serious discussions. :rolleyes:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh, I'm sure he thinks he does, and you too. That's why there's always one of you to mock the person whose name is in red.

that is true - we all have "won" since barbie, for example, has disappeared :thumb:

As for the photo: It's so like you to make fun at another's expense.

and just who is that?

be specific

genuineoriginal

_____
Climategate, the sequel: How we are STILL being tricked with flawed data on global warming
Something very odd has been going on with the temperature data relied on by the world's scientists, writes Christopher Booker

Although it has been emerging for seven years or more, one of the most extraordinary scandals of our time has never hit the headlines. Yet another little example of it lately caught my eye when, in the wake of those excited claims that 2014 was “the hottest year on record”, I saw the headline on a climate blog: “Massive tampering with temperatures in South America”. The evidence on Notalotofpeopleknowthat, uncovered by Paul Homewood, was indeed striking.
Puzzled by those “2014 hottest ever” claims, which were led by the most quoted of all the five official global temperature records – Nasa’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) – Homewood examined a place in the world where Giss was showing temperatures to have risen faster than almost anywhere else: a large chunk of South America stretching from Brazil to Paraguay.
Noting that weather stations there were thin on the ground, he decided to focus on three rural stations covering a huge area of Paraguay. Giss showed it as having recorded, between 1950 and 2014, a particularly steep temperature rise of more than 1.5C: twice the accepted global increase for the whole of the 20th century.
But when Homewood was then able to check Giss’s figures against the original data from which they were derived, he found that they had been altered. Far from the new graph showing any rise, it showed temperatures in fact having declined over those 65 years by a full degree. When he did the same for the other two stations, he found the same. In each case, the original data showed not a rise but a decline.
Homewood had in fact uncovered yet another example of the thousands of pieces of evidence coming to light in recent years that show that something very odd has been going on with the temperature data relied on by the world's scientists. And in particular by the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which has driven the greatest and most costly scare in history: the belief that the world is in the grip of an unprecedented warming.
. . .
An early glaring instance of this was spotted by Steve McIntyre, the statistician who exposed the computer trickery behind that famous “hockey stick” graph, beloved by the IPCC, which purported to show that, contrary to previous evidence, 1998 had been the hottest year for 1,000 years. It was McIntyre who, in 2007, uncovered the wholesale retrospective adjustments made to US surface records between 1920 and 1999 compiled by Giss (then run by the outspoken climate activist James Hansen). These reversed an overall cooling trend into an 80-year upward trend. Even Hansen had previously accepted that the “dust bowl” 1930s was the hottest US decade of the entire 20th century.
Assiduous researchers have since unearthed countless similar examples across the world, from the US and Russia to Australia and New Zealand. In Australia, an 80-year cooling of 1 degree per century was turned into a warming trend of 2.3 degrees. In New Zealand, there was a major academic row when “unadjusted” data showing no trend between 1850 and 1998 was shown to have been “adjusted” to give a warming trend of 0.9 degrees per century. This falsified new version was naturally cited in an IPCC report (see “New Zealand NIWA temperature train wreck” on the Watts Up With That science blog, WUWT, which has played a leading role in exposing such fiddling of the figures).
By far the most comprehensive account of this wholesale corruption of proper science is a paper written for the Science and Public Policy Institute, “Surface Temperature Records: Policy-Driven Deception?”, by two veteran US meteorologists, Joseph D’Aleo and WUWT’s Anthony Watts (and if warmists are tempted to comment below this article online, it would be welcome if they could address their criticisms to the evidence, rather than just resorting to personal attacks on the scientists who, after actually examining the evidence, have come to a view different from their own).
. . .
_____​

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dyson's son, George, a technology historian, says his father’s views have cooled friendships, while many others have concluded that time has cost Dyson something else. There is the suspicion that, at age 85, a great scientist of the 20th century is no longer just far out, he is far gone — out of his beautiful mind.http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/29/magazine/29Dyson-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
I guess you stopped reading when you'd found what you wanted. :rolleyes:

But in the considered opinion of the neurologist Oliver Sacks, Dyson’s friend and fellow English expatriate, this is far from the case. “His mind is still so open and flexible,” Sacks says.

Dyson is a scientist whose intelligence is revered by other scientists — William Press, former deputy director of the Los Alamos National Laboratory and now a professor of computer science at the University of Texas, calls him “infinitely smart.”

So now your source says his mind is trustworthy. I guess that means you have to accept everything he says. :rolleyes:

genuineoriginal

Here is what the "debunking" of climategate consisted of:
_____
Climategate & Investigations of IPCC and CRU: Was There a Pattern of Cover Up?
. . .
Overall Summary of the Investigations

There was a distinct pattern to the process used in each inquiry, which was clearly dictated by the cover up objective.

• The people appointed to the inquiries were either compromised through conflict or had little knowledge of climatology or the IPCC process.
  • They did not have clearly defined objectives and failed to achieve any they publicized.
  • Interviews were limited to the accused.
  • Experts, who knew what went on and how it was done, that is understood what the emails were saying, were not interviewed.
  • Validity of the science and the results obtained as published in the IPCC Reports were not examined, yet the deceptions were to cover these problems.
  • All investigations were seriously inadequate in major portions so as to essentially negate their findings. It appears these inadequacies were deliberate to avoid exposure of the truth.
  • They all examined only one limited side of the issues, so it was similar to hearing only half of a conversation and what you hear is preselected.
The mock inquiries achieved their objective because the media stopped asking questions. People, like Elizabeth May, accepted their findings as legitimate. It also allowed those people identified in the emails to claim they were absolved of any wrongdoing.
. . .
_____​