Top physicist on climate change....

Foxfire

Yeah, dude. This thread was about something.

Yes, it was/is about the 'opinions' of Physicist Freeman Dysan.

Lets recap your input thus far;

Stripe said:
Notice that when presented with evidence, evolutionists question the source.

Stripe said:
Far from it.

His claims were a description of how society gets wrapped up in an idea and ignores science. He gave reasons for his beliefs.

Meanwhile, evolutionists want to talk about something else. His intelligence, the source, imaginary data... anything but the evidence.

Stripe said:
The evolutionists still got nothing.

In every instance, with the exception of your last response to me, you appear (to me) to be impugning the credibility and/or integrity of evolutionists in general.

I'm simply attempting to ascertain the extent to which you would invalidate the credibility of the 'opinions' of said evolutionists.

Freeman Dyson being numbered among them, as it were.

Selaphiel

It is called climategate.
Where it was revealed that the climate data was altered to make global warming look real to people that don't think.

Except that it never happened. The so called climategate was a misunderstanding by a bunch of moronic media reporters, not understanding the lingo used by the climate scientists in question. "Climategate" has been debunked so many times that it is just embarrassing for you to keep bringing it up.

Jose Fly

So when is this guy publishing a paper? Or do people think giving vague statements in an interview is how science is done?

Quetzal

So when is this guy publishing a paper? Or do people think giving vague statements in an interview is how science is done?
I do find it interesting those who are supporting this guy only like him because he supports their views but has demonstrated no evidence. It is almost as if they are actively choosing ignorance over evidence. Not surprising, just disappointing.

Jose Fly

I do find it interesting those who are supporting this guy only like him because he supports their views but has demonstrated no evidence. It is almost as if they are actively choosing ignorance over evidence. Not surprising, just disappointing.

It's tribalism. Psychological profiles show that conservatives place a very high value on loyalty, whereas liberals emphasize objectivity and accuracy more.

Understanding that helps make sense of a lot of what goes on here.

Quetzal

It's tribalism. Psychological profiles show that conservatives place a very high value on loyalty, whereas liberals emphasize objectivity and accuracy more.

Understanding that helps make sense of a lot of what goes on here.
True, but it doesn't, in my opinion, make it any more acceptable.

The Berean

I don't understand all the debate over Freeman Dyson's comments? :idunno: Dyson is one of the greatest physicists over the past century. He postulated the idea of the Dyson Sphere. He worked on Project Orion, a spacecraft that with a nuclear pulse engine. But Dyson is not a climatologist. I am not aware of any climotology research that Dyson has performed. He is no expert in climotology.

Quetzal

I don't understand all the debate over Freeman Dyson's comments? :idunno: Dyson is one of the greatest physicists over the past century. He postulated the idea of the Dyson Sphere. He worked on Project Orion, a spacecraft that with a nuclear pulse engine. But Dyson is not a climatologist. I am not aware of any climotology research that Dyson has performed. He is no expert in climotology.
Correct.

Jose Fly

Unless this guy publishes a paper where he backs up his rhetoric with actual data and analyses, this will remain what it is now....an old physicist speaking outside his expertise to a magazine.

*shrug*

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Any other time they were talking about a Democrat and an evolutionist, they'd be all over him, calling him every epithet that's allowable here... unless he says something they want to hear. :chuckle:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To be fair, he was not challenging climatology.

The thing with debunking pseudoscience is you can't be an expert in the field, because that would mean you were sold out to it.

6days

Far from it.

His claims were a description of how society gets wrapped up in an idea and ignores science. He gave reasons for his beliefs.

Meanwhile, evolutionists want to talk about something else. His intelligence, the source, imaginary data... anything but the evidence.

Exactly!