Top physicist on climate change....

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell you what. When you can find a blog from a reputable climatologist that has sources, references, and data sets from reputable sources that counters the current theories held by the IPCC, we will talk. Until then... :wave2:

The graphs are real.

The EPA still has its graph that supports 1934 being the hottest year i the USA

high-low-temps-figure1-2014.png

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So what about the data from 1940 on? Again, same thing I said to genuine applies to you. :wave2:

They only changed 1934 and 1998.

They had to make 1934 cooler, and they had to make 1998 warmer, otherwise their global warming theory didn't work.

Like I said, they are not hiding the fact that they did this. They claim they did this. They claim they have better methods for calculating the temperatures of the past, so they changed them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For the record, NASA and NOAA went back and corrected the 1934 temperatures, and admit 1998 wasn't warmer than 1934.

So, now they say it doesn't matter because that was just the United States temperatures, and not the global temperatures.

Now they say that even though the United States didn't have a steady warming, globally there was a steady warming.

Like I said, it's hard to reason with people who are always moving the goal posts.

gcthomas

Yep

Yale University has shown that those who deny AGW no more about the subject than those who adhere to it:

Yup, those non scientists who have got all hot under the collar about the conspiracies they see everywhere have learned more about the topic then those who are content with the scientists. So what?

The report does not suggest that those deniers know anywhere near as much as the consensus scientists, does it? This is a scientific debate, and the amateur opinions of the non scientists is irrelevant to the development of the science.

Tyrathca

Unproven supposition.
Hmmm no. They are definitely smarter than you and there is definitely a consensus among climate scientists.

On the contrary, most of the "consensus" (including you) have done no research, have not verified the data nor the results, and don't know what they are agreeing to other than it is an official report from people that they have no reason to suspect of fraud.
I do not consider myself or any of us part of the consensus. I don't consider anyone who hasn't been actively involved in academia/research to be part of any consensus worth mentioning.
The people that suspect the IPCC of fraud have looked much more closely at the evidence than the "consensus" and know much more about the subject.
Assuming you are right - you are not one of those people.

Isn't autocorrect wonderful?
Yeah.... I replied with my phone and foolishly didn't proof read (swypes predictive text was way off...)
My wife has gone through the conventional treatments for cancer, and we no longer trust the consensus opinion.

Next time we will use one of the options from the dissenters.

_____
Cancer is curable NOW! Thirty experts reveal most advanced and effective cancer treatments and cures available today

CANCER is Curable NOW shows how alternative cancer treatment has grown into a commanding movement that's gathering power and momentum, growing much faster than almost anyone anticipated. An ever-growing number of talented people are involved in this rapidly occurring shift of consciousness, and by viewing this video, you can tune in to the latest groundbreaking therapies that are reversing cancers in people across the world right now.

More and more patients are simply turning to the doctors and treatments that work rather than wasting their time with toxic conventional treatments that only harm them. CANCER is Curable NOW advises viewers to vote with their money and take their business to those who promote HEALING rather than toxic treatments.
_____​
I'm going to file you under "idiot"

Is there a consensus of experts you DON'T think you know better than?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
His graph shows a 1.7 mm a year rise since 1870. The fact that sea level is rising is not disputed...If you were simply claiming sea level has been rising.....no one with any sense disputes that.

I wonder if any of the other warming denialists on this thread also deny that sea levels are rising?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder if any of the other warming denialists on this thread also deny that sea levels are rising?

Sea level rises irreversibly every time there is an earthquake.

I guarantee you there are very few who know this or care among the warmest freaks. It doesn't help their agenda.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yup, those non scientists who have got all hot under the collar about the conspiracies they see everywhere have learned more about the topic then those who are content with the scientists. So what?

The report does not suggest that those deniers know anywhere near as much as the consensus scientists, does it? This is a scientific debate, and the amateur opinions of the non scientists is irrelevant to the development of the science.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how a wooden ship with a 10 foot draft was able to navigate the Northwest Passage in 1903?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Sea level rises irreversibly every time there is an earthquake.

So are you saying that sea levels are rising because earthquakes are sinking the land, and not at all because of "thermal expansion caused by the warming of the oceans (since water expands as it warms) and the loss of land-based ice (such as glaciers and polar ice caps) due to increased melting"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why are sea levels rising?

First off, you do know that floating ice has no effect on sea levels when it melts? Therefore, all the polar ice in the Arctic could melt, and it wouldn't effect sea levels.

Antarctic ice sheets have been melting since the last ice age thousands of years ago. It has nothing to do with CO2, or because anything man is doing or not doing.

Also, sometimes the sea levels lower for decades. When the ocean warms, there is more evaporation, which causes more rain and snow in the polar regions, which means water is transferred from the ocean to polar caps, glaciers, etc.

Antarctica is land, and has been gaining ice.

Sea levels are measured with satellites, and have only been done since the early 1990's. There is no way to come up with any kind of substantial conclusions in such a short time.

All your theories are based on hypothetical models, not facts.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So are you saying...

One of these days you Darwinists are going to learn to respond to what I say rather than guessing at things I have not said. :up:

You have shown no rational response to an extremely simple objection to your latest inane rabbit trail.

You are a troll. :troll: