toldailytopic: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A knowing they support traditional marriage?

Quincy

I would rather just cook something I will like more at home and for less than half the cost.

That's a big difference from over here. Here in the US there is no way you can go to the grocery store and buy the food to cook at home and beat the price of a meal in most restaurants. You either have to pay a large grocery bill or stop at 12 different stores to get sales. I don't see how people with big families make it.

ragTagblues

That's a big difference from over here. Here in the US there is no way you can go to the grocery store and buy the food to cook at home and beat the price of a meal in most restaurants. You either have to pay a large grocery bill or stop at 12 different stores to get sales. I don't see how people with big families make it.

You see I know I can make a half decent Chilli Con-Carne that will give me at least 4 meals for less than £5.00 which I think is around $8.

If I were to go to McDonalds a singular meal would cost me the same or even a good English fish and chip shop would not offer near the same value for money.

Is Fast Food really that much cheaper over your way?

Son of Jack

Ahhh we over the pond in ole'blighty don't have a great opinion of fast food, however we do not have a great selection to choose from.

Understood.:)

Generally I find the food sub-standard and the service indifferent; but thats just me. I'm sure it is a very fine establishment ;)

Which is exactly why I like Chick-fil-A so much. The servers are all very polite and friendly and excited to serve you, and the restaurant is always immaculate. I've never been into another fast food chain that never has an odd odor and the bathroom is always clean.

I would rather just cook something I will like more at home and for less than half the cost.

Now this I can agree with.:thumb:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I think by the time you buy the same ingredients needed, fast food ends up cheaper, but not per unit, meaning for instance, per hamburger, pricewise. Even if I'm wrong there I dont care, I dont eat it anymore. Not worth the price you pay in health. Ask me how I know.... :doh:

As for chick-fil-a, if they have good salads I'm there. :) pretty much forsaken all fast food except for salads these days. My eating has changed drastically over the last 3-4 months.

Jordan Fontenot

I appreciate an institution who will stand behind their morals consistently and with good reason. They don't stand behind traditional marriage because it's popular or because of financial or political reasons, they are merely convicted and I can respect that. Too many people are jumping on the gay rights bandwagon and I think it's cowardly and pathetic. People can try to live in a popularity contest, or they can stand up for what they believe. At the end of the day, it's the ones who stand up for their own beliefs that make a difference.

Quincy

Is Fast Food really that much cheaper over your way?

Yep, it can be. You can get a pizza for under 10 dollars from some pizzerias. Some places even sell then for $5. If you actually want to make your own, a bag of cheese can be +/- $4. They you have to buy the toppings, dough and then prepare it yourself. A small pack of hamburger meat from the market cost more than a value meal at most fast food places also. Then, for fish it seems like the only option is catching your own or paying big prices in eateries/markets.

But to be honest I'm a little like you. I don't fancy fast food or national restaurant chains. It makes my weight balloon.

I'm more of an, eat at the locally owned Italian eatery with the ambiance and the booths in the back :eek: . If I'm going to gain a few pounds, let it come from supporting local reputable businessmen :noid: .

Jordan Fontenot

I've been following this story with interest. If we had one here in the UK I would make a point of going there to eat after this! But sadly we don't. But if I ever visit the USA I will make a point of trying their food, and eating there more than once if I like it.

:chew:

Not only is their food amazing but they are well known for superior customer service and Christian morals. Occasionally they toys given out in their kids meals are from some Christian backed organization like focus on the family.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will you eat at Chick-fil-A knowing they support traditional marriage?

I would IF there was not a Subway in close proximity. The healthiest thing this place has on their menu outside of salads is their Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich.

Nutrition trumps tolerance and diversity ... :)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would IF there was not a Subway in close proximity. The healthiest thing this place has on their menu outside of salads is their Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich.

I don't know if they still serve it or not, but their chicken salad sandwiches were pretty good. :chew:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know if they still serve it or not, but their chicken salad sandwiches were pretty good. :chew:

Well, if they incorporated a healthier menu, I would eat there on the few occasions that I actually eat out.

The supporting traditional marriage is not a deterrent for me to give a place my business.

ICameBack

I ate there for lunch. I brought the cup back with me and I got the stink eye from one or two people. Haters gonna Hate

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lets see how this plays out you liberal thugs. I've always liked Chick-fil-A but now I plan to make a point to eat there 3 times as much.

There isn't one close to where I live, but if I do happen to be where one is in town, I will make an effort to eat there.

Wile E. Coyote

Greasy and spicy Popeye's chicken trumps nutrition and even life itself.

manhattan-popeyes-chook.jpg