toldailytopic: Will there be homosexuals in Heaven, why or why not?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 14th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Will there be homosexuals in Heaven, why or why not?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
Homosexuality is not the only sin that keeps people from inheriting the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: Why would homos be in heaven when they would rather be in the closet?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not even certain that he is one man at all. Just a legend created so atheist mothers have a story with which to scare their children.

30-something children who still live at home, of course. :)
ROFL!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I see there is a lot of confusion about the opening post question
which should have been
can homosexuals be saved?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists always want to answer a question other than the one asked.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There are no persons who will be sinning in heaven. Former sinners, sure. But those in heaven will not have the libertarian free will so cherished by some here on this mortal coil. Those in heaven will not want to do otherwise than not sin.

Homosexuality is a sin. No unrepenant sinners will be in heaven. As Scripture teaches us in I Cor. 6.9-11, the sin of homosexuality can be resisted. It is not some uncontrollable disease. It is a choice made by a sinning person. A person who delights in the Lord will and can change their behavior.

I am not saying a person who struggles in their walk of faith with homosexual temptations cannot be a Christian. I am saying someone who persists in sin, claiming to be a Christian, refusing to acknowledge their sin, especially a sin that is an abomination, is someone who we can properly question as warranting the claim to "Christian".

AMR

It is so, but the victorious christian walk comes primarily through revelation of all that we become when we become the children of God, there is need of more teaching in this area.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I assume we do not have libertarian freewill now, or am I missing something?

I will agree, some struggle with this, yet are we not perfection in heaven? You see, all carnal sin would be irrelevant, as we will not be carnal. We will not possess any base needs.

Any sin would have to be of a non-material nature, such that if one has these sins before death, they are not saved at death.

I am saying, we do, at times, sin, yet this is what the Holy Spirit guides us; to live a better life, according to God. I do not sin in act(1), but admit to sinning in thought; however, this seems less now, and I figure when my time comes, this sin will no longer be a temptation.

1. One may argue my act of not giving away all my possessions is a sin of act, yet I am mainly thinking of acts, such as stealing, killing, sexual acts, as well, to lie and covet, which seem much more difficult; people often covet better goods, or lie about deeds.

In summation, homosexuality is impossible in heaven!

The bible says we ARE the righteousness of God now, we ARE perfect now.

By one offering He hath perfected forever them that are sanctified. Heb:10:14

YOU say you are not perfect but God says you are, we go by God's word, we walk by faith.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Saved for what?
An eternity spent in piety with no hope of escape?

That is what you have now, society is all "my mess is less smelly than your mess."

Christians are people who have fessed up to the fact that
our mess is real bad, needs cleaning up, couldn't do it ourselves any more than a baby can change it's own diapers, and so we submitted ourselves to the tender mercy and grace of our God.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is what you have now, society is all "my mess is less smelly than your mess."Christians are people who have fessed up to the fact that our mess is real bad, needs cleaning up, couldn't do it ourselves any more than a baby can change it's own diapers, and so we submitted ourselves to the tender mercy and grace of our God.

Evolutionists are committed to the notion that this is the best they can ever hope for.