toldailytopic: Will there be homosexuals in Heaven, why or why not?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 14th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No.

Who would want to be a homo in heaven? :idunno:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
everyone in heaven will be a sinner except for two

:AMR:

Hebrews 8:7-13
A New Covenant
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

not4sure

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Let's listen to St. Clapton...

Beyond the door,
It's straight for sure,
And I know there'll be no homo
Queers in heaven.

You must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause ya know they don't belong
Here in heaven.

Better still, listen to St. Paul...

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

alwight

If heaven exists why on earth :D would there be any homosexuals or heterosexuals or sex/gender, ...or eating? :idunno:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Yes. Those people who identify as homosexual yet have repented and are not practicing a homosexual lifestyle in favor of a life devoted to serving Jesus will be in heaven.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If any of you have read my posts, you'll understand why I don't believe Heaven will have any homosexuals. First lets take a look at Romans 1:26-27

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Now why does Paul use the word 'vile' ? The question should be obvious. Paul was well schooled in the Torah, being a pharisee. He already knew it was detestable to God - an abomination.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

The act was so abhorrent that it called for the death penalty.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Today's society has dumbed down the admonitions against perversion if not out right redefined them to mean something else. At first society said it was a sickness, then an 'alternative lifestyle' when truth be told it is self destructive sin. This sin is also destructive to society as well.

The basic building block of a culture is the family. Most cultures die from within. Destroy the family and you destroy the society. Homosexual pairings are not a family. A 'gay' couple does not replace parents for a child. The child grows up warped and troubled. There are practical and spiritual reasons why God does not approve of homosexuality.

Heaven is a place where everything is perfect and in order. Homosexuality is a sin and disorder. Sin has no place in the kingdom of Heaven.

Spirit_sword

Will anyone be gay in heaven? No. Will there be people in heaven who were gay in this life? Probably. Lying is sin too, I lie on a regular basis. Lust, pride... certainly if God decides to hold many of the cruel and nasty words on this site against us we're all going to be very doomed. To be a Christian isn't to be perfect, it's to be trusting in God's provision for our salvation. So on that point I'm very sure that people who were gay in this life will be able to go to heaven.

I also believe that we as Christians need to be making an effort towards holiness, faith without works is dead and all that, so a homosexual Christian isn't "off the hook". I don't have that portion of my theology totally solid, but most of us know when we're trying to emulate Jesus and when we're just engaging our sinful passions. I'm sure there are sins that I do that I will continue to do until the day I die; my salvation isn't based on that.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes. Those people who identify as homosexual yet have repented and are not practicing a homosexual lifestyle in favor of a life devoted to serving Jesus will be in heaven.

If you're not a homo, you're not a homo. :AMR:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They will not be homosexual in heaven. That sin will not follow them to heaven, just like my tendency to lead foot down the highway will not follow me to heaven.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
They will not be homosexual in heaven. That sin will not follow them to heaven, just like my tendency to lead foot down the highway will not follow me to heaven.
While I agree with this statement, it is not the question the daily topic was asking. The implied question was, "Can homosexuals get to heaven?"

The Glory Land

I agree with you, but as long that they no longer uses the word homosexual as a title. No need for a crook to say, I am a crook christian. :carryon: