toldailytopic: Will there be homosexuals in Heaven, why or why not?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I may not be perfect AMR but I rather just know that I am not quite the low-life scum your doctrine paints we disbelievers and most believers too most of the time. I really don’t know if any god or gods do exist but it would come as a huge surprise to me if any earthly religious doctrine, particularly yours has any particularly accurate insight.
No I don’t believe that we are all automatically evil sinners because of the supposed sins of another or that an innocent man ever needed to be killed to save us, whatever that actually means the idea is frankly absurd.

We humans are all naturally different in many ways and we should be glad if it too imo rather than be bigoted toward those whom we may not actually understand very well, who may get branded as lost to evil by the pious and righteous.

Clearly you have no greater knowledge of any supposed supernatural or afterlife than any other human, whatever you think your particular doctrine says, so I suggest you stop pretending you do and concentrate on this the only life you know you’ll have.

To sum all that up, your mess stinks but not so bad as other people's mess...that's what you say we do.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If by "fall away" you mean lose their salvation, then that would be an erroneous view in my opinion. I think Scripture teaches us that those who have been regenerated will persevere to the end.

Since God is the Author and Finisher of our faith, man cannot fall away from eternal salvation. Once a man has been born-again he cannot be unborn-again.

I listened to an ex Christian pastor turned atheist on a radio talk show sometime ago.

Did he keep his salvation even as a non-believer, or did he possibly never really have it to begin with?

I guess only God knows.

alwight

I may not be perfect AMR but I rather just know that I am not quite the low-life scum your doctrine paints we disbelievers and most believers too most of the time. I really don’t know if any god or gods do exist but it would come as a huge surprise to me if any earthly religious doctrine, particularly yours has any particularly accurate insight.
No I don’t believe that we are all automatically evil sinners because of the supposed sins of another or that an innocent man ever needed to be killed to save us, whatever that actually means the idea is frankly absurd.

We humans are all naturally different in many ways and we should be glad if it too imo rather than be bigoted toward those whom we may not actually understand very well, who may get branded as lost to evil by the pious and righteous.

Clearly you have no greater knowledge of any supposed supernatural or afterlife than any other human, whatever you think your particular doctrine says, so I suggest you stop pretending you do and concentrate on this the only life you know you’ll have.

Eternity seems like a dreadfully long time to spend with no need for any sex, never mind homosexual sex, no problems to solve, causes to fight, mountains to climb, challenges to meet, new places to go, nappies to change....
Give me this Earthly mess, you can keep your sanitary eternal afterlife I'd go crazy in 5 minutes. :dizzy:
To sum all that up, your mess stinks but not so bad as other people's mess...that's what you say we do.
I think you may have meant to respond to my lower post TL?
No, I was actually saying that unless we have things to deal with, even a mess, then a sterile pious existence, one without end, seems like a dreadful fate to me.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I listened to an ex Christian pastor turned atheist on a radio talk show sometime ago.

Did he keep his salvation even as a non-believer, or did he possibly never really have it to begin with?

I guess only God knows.
Yes, only God knows. If the account you have given is accurate, there is a high likelihood he was never regenerated in the first place.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Actually, you know the truth but have supressed it and exchanged it for a lie.

Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,
25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,
30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
32 Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

AMR

Last edited:

alwight

Actually, you know the truth but have supressed it and exchanged it for a lie.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,
25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,
30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
32 Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

AMR
It seems you have probably invested in far too many years of adherence to the words of some guy called Paul to ever consider changing now.
:plain:

john w

Hall of Fame
What's a perversion of the gospel of Christ John, repenting yet continuing to struggle with sinful thoughts and sometimes sinful behavior?

Repenting, if you mean "stop sinning...clean up your act," as a pre-req. to being justified.

With me? Good.

john w

Hall of Fame
He apparently is having trouble with:

1 John 5:18
We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

The phrase teaches the idea of not practicing sin as a habitual lifestyle. Of course the phrase does not mean that believers do not sin because John just spoke of seeing a believer sinning (see 1 John 5:16).

The true believer may indeed fall through the infirmity of the flesh, but they groan under the burden of sin, loathe themselves, and cease not to fear God. A true believer is impervious to sin (1 John 3:9), that is, they will no longer under its power.

In no way does Scripture teach antinomianism, which is what some who claim the believer never sins adopt at their peril.

AMR

You made that up. I'm not having "trouble with" the above, or any other scripture. But I recognize that which is written to me, for my obedience, and that which is directed to me. You don't.

1 John 5:18 KJV is not written to me, or any other member of the boc, for our obedience, nor is it about us.

1 John 5 KJV
1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.