toldailytopic: Why doesn't God simply do away with evil?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So your belief is that a universal salvation must occur before God eliminates evil, and that a universal salvation is God's means to eliminating evil?

Will that include all human beings since the beginning of time? Judas, and Hitler included?

Can you provide scriptural proof that universal salvation of all human beings is the criteria for God ending evil and wickedness?

That God showing grace to these wicked monsters, is what we are all depending upon for the Lord's return?

Nang

Since you know good and well that none of that is what i believe, its irrelevant to anything.

Anyone who seeks salvation can find it though if they seek it in Christ. Romans 10:9-10

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Well, going about this as a parent, if I had the choice to snap my fingers, sprinkle magic dust, blink my eyes, whatever, so that my child would never do evil, I don't think that would really be my child. I mean he might be my child but he wouldn't be his honest self, knowing right from wrong.

I want my baby to know that I don't want him to get too close to touch the flame because it will hurt him so that's why I slap his hand if he gets close to it, though he doesn't understand at the time and it might hurt his feelings, my safety for him far outweighs what he'll understand later.

I want my child to know that lying to me is going to cause him severe consequences as much as my flesh would love to just overlook it. If I do that, no telling what lies he might tell when he's older to get out of whatever trouble he's into.

I want him to love me and speak to me in a respectful manner so that when he gets out on his own and gets his own job, they will, in return respect him for his manners and he will have a better chance of advancing in his current job or get a better one, especially for the family he will have one day, not to mention this will help him to develop better relationships with others. Nobody can have too many good relationships with others.

Very well said, Poly. I feel the same way but am not nearly as eloquent as you!:D

God is rapt in the story of redemption. He marvels every time one of us has faith to believe.

An absolutely beautiful and true word picture. Thank you.:e4e:

csuguy

Because removing evil, and the possibility thereof, would require that we be stripped of our freewill - no longer able to choose God or love him, but only doing as programmed to do. God doesn't desire mindless robots - but rather loving friends who choose him and his ways.

dgerst

Can a loving righteous father force his children to do the right thing? Of course not. That would make God unloving. God's love trumps all other attributes. Yes, even the "im's"and the "omni's". Read 1 Cor 13. I'm often asked my non-believers "How can a loving god allow evil to exist?" How can He not?

Cross Reference

“If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?” Luke 11:13 (KJV)

We believe Evil to be sin. It is not, It is the antithesis of Good. Jesus said no one is Good except the Father. Ergo, God is Good and that man not of Him is evil and, by Adam’s transgression, sold unto sin and the power of it, in need of salvation.

Sin is conceived in temptation and born from vanity, the habitation of the seed of temptation waiting to germinate by sight or put to death by faith.

Vanity and God are at opposite sides of the spectrum. One exists in man by sight while the other by Faith. There can be no compromise. Adam transgressed God's command by agreeing with vanity thus permitting evil entry up to the door of holiness which God immediately expelled.__and all possibilities for Adam's incarnation went with it. Sin would forever couch at man’s door.

By permitting Adam to be subjected to vanity was the means by which God brought on the test of allegiance He needed to witness from Adam before advancing him further in His purposes__set in Himself; the propagation of Holiness in human flesh; perfection equal to the Godhead which Jesus would later demonstrate and make provision for fallen man to follow suit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 25th, 2012 11:48 AM

toldailytopic: Why doesn't God simply do away with evil?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

How? what about the evil in us? what about people now in sin or yet to be born who will be saved?

God has chosen the weak and foolish, people with no power to be saved....He USES the pride and ambition and greed of the wicked to work on behalf of His weakling flock, they think they are serving themselves but they are actually serving the poor.

Nebuchadnezzer thought he had built a massive commonwealth but the tree he had planted whose branches filled the earth so that the birds and beasts found shelter in his branches, all this was God's doing.

There is the parable of the wheat and tares, if God was to come in anger and pluck up the evil in a rage of indignation, would He not also uproot the wheat? how we all would cringe in terror of Him, where the gentle love relationship God so desires?

No He will wait until the harvest.

skeptic griggsy

Why, God could easily have done what Fr. Meslier's the problem of Heaven suggests: make us with determined volition and a guarantee not to do wrong to be more Imago Dei! This reflects no hobgoblin in little minds but instead the demand for consitency! No need exists for free will for soul-making,despite John Hick.
In His image, we'd no more be robots than He is the Supreme Robot!
This alone eviscrates all defenses and theodicies!
By the way, the first couple and the Garden are only a myth!No first Adam, no second Adam!

Cross Reference

Why, God could easily have done what Fr. Meslier's the problem of Heaven suggests: make us with determined volition and a guarantee not to do wrong to be more Imago Dei! This reflects no hobgoblin in little minds but instead the demand for consitency! No need exists for free will for soul-making,despite John Hick.
In His image, we'd no more be robots than He is the Supreme Robot!
This alone eviscrates all defenses and theodicies!
By the way, the first couple and the Garden are only a myth!No first Adam, no second Adam!

. . . . .but then there is you. Where do we place you?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Dramatic conflict. God is rapt in the story of redemption. He marvels every time one of us has faith to believe. If He took away evil, there'd be no conflict, and a story without conflict is boring. God won't let Himself be bored.

:think: Sooo....lemme get this straight.

It is your position that, basically, evil continues to thrive and function in the Creation because the ALMIGHTY is A.D.D. :plain:

That about sum things up?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
He's got a plan. And it's a good one.

"Somewhere there's a reason
Why things go like they do
Somewhere there's a reason
Why somethings just fall through
We don't always see them
For what they really are
But I know there's a reason,
Just can't see it from this far."

Megadeth - I Thought I Knew It All

tomlapalm

From a spiritual standpoint

Isa 61:1 ¶ The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Tts 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Tts 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people,

From a non spiritual argument, ( sort a) There is only one purpose for this type of existence of this cosmos., a prison in space and time, a place to hold captives