toldailytopic: Why are the vast majority of acts of terrorism performed by Muslims? W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All the fools demonstrating worldwide over a few cartoons (drawn by a Muslim, by the way) shows us how widespread violence is within Isalm. Heaven help good men everywhere, should anything really bad actually happen to Muslims, worldwide.

Good point. George Bush, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi don't threaten violence for making fun of them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many Muslims were in the IRA? :plain:

Depends on where and when you live then as to what body seems hell bent on violence.

He didn't say all, just the vast majority. For example, Tim McVeigh and and his partner are greatly outnumbered by those loyal to the Taliban, al-Quida, Hamas, and the PLO.

They're threatened more and have more reasons to hate.

So now you are justifying acts of terrorism? Please clarify.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He didn't say all, just the vast majority. For example, Tim McVeigh and and his partner are greatly outnumbered by those loyal to the Taliban, al-Quida, Hamas, and the PLO.
I know. I get that. You must not have seen my follow up post. The point I was making wasn't disputing that, only offering a context for understanding what the real enemy is and what it isn't.

:cheers:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Poverty (which equals desperation, because people are willing to listen to and except anything when desperate), lack of education, and Wahhabism.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not teach this. These are new schools of thought in Islam. Muhammad said: Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you.
—Muhammad(pbuh), The Farewell Sermon

[/B]
Wahhabism

The origins of modern Islamism trace back to the beginnings of the Wahhabi movement in the early eighteenth century.

Wahhabism was a puritanical uprising based on reinterpreting written Qur’anic law without the enlightened support of expertise embodied in the Qur’an and the Hadiths, known as the Sunna. Wahhabis pay lip service to adherence to the Sunna, but in reality reshape it according to their ideology. Many prophetic sayings which constitute the immediate source of Sunna are rejected by means of captious arguments, as soon as they result in tenets incompatible with Wahhabism. When Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al Wahhab (the eponym of Wahhabism) started preaching, the mufti of Medina declared Ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhab’s belief a heresy and formally excommunicated him by issuing a fatwa, the text of which said:

"This man is leading the ignoramuses of the present age to a heretical path. He is trying to extinguish Allah’s light, but Allah will not permit His light to be extinguished, in spite of the opposition of polytheists, and will enlighten every place with the light of the followers of Sunna."

Take a stand against Wahhabism.

Muslims united against Wahhabism.

They don't care, they'd kill me too, it's not just you. Muslims as a whole suffer from the extremist, they'll strap a bomb on a Muslim too if they so feel.

What they do is not a Quran teaching. Suicide is forbidden in the Quran, and so is the taking of innocent lives. The Quran makes it clear that you will be band for eternity for both. As the info I provided explains, Wahhabi is a re-writing of Islam, based on teachings of a crazy 18th century loony named Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al Wahhab

You say that Wahhabism is the cause of all the terrorism, but groups like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda aren't normally characterized as that. I believe they are Sunnis. Or can you be a Sunni Wahhabist? :idunno:

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
You say that Wahhabism is the cause of all the terrorism, but groups like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda aren't normally characterized as that. I believe they are Sunnis. Or can you be a Sunni Wahhabist? :idunno:

Wahhabi's follow the teachings of Wahhabism, and yes, they call themselves Sunni.

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
So are they interchangeable? Or are Sunnis just a segment of Wahhabis? Or the other way around?

Sunni means you accept the first four caliphs as rightful successors of Muhammad vs those who accept Ali as the legitimate successor to Mohammad and rejects the first three caliphs

Wahhabism is a philosophy and re-writitng of Islam by the 18th century crazy man known as Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Muslim scholar and “father of modern history” Ibn Khaldun states the dichotomy between jihad and defensive warfare thus:

In the Muslim community, the holy war [i.e. jihad] is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the Muslim mission and the obligation to convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force... The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense... They are merely required to establish their religion among their own people. That is why the Israeilites after Moses and Joshua remained unconcerned with royal authority [e.g. a “caliphate”]. Their only concern was to establish their religion [not spread it to the nations]… But Islam is under obligation to gain power over other nations (The Muqudimmah, vol. 1 pg. 473).​

Consider:
1. violence now part of the Sharia, Muhammad’s Sunna (4:24, 4:92, 8:69, 24:33, 33:21, 33:50), and

2. the sword and anti-Christian verses of the Qur’an (e.g., 4:74, 4:91, 8:12, 9:5, 9:29, 33:35-36, 59:2).

AMR

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
The Muslim scholar and “father of modern history” Ibn Khaldun states the dichotomy between jihad and defensive warfare thus:

In the Muslim community, the holy war [i.e. jihad] is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the Muslim mission and the obligation to convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force... The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense... They are merely required to establish their religion among their own people. That is why the Israeilites after Moses and Joshua remained unconcerned with royal authority [e.g. a “caliphate”]. Their only concern was to establish their religion [not spread it to the nations]… But Islam is under obligation to gain power over other nations (The Muqudimmah, vol. 1 pg. 473).​

Consider:
1. violence now part of the Sharia, Muhammad’s Sunna (4:24, 4:92, 8:69, 24:33, 33:21, 33:50), and

2. the sword and anti-Christian verses of the Qur’an (e.g., 4:74, 4:91, 8:12, 9:5, 9:29, 33:35-36, 59:2).

AMR

Your research needs work. This one isn't worth tackling. Anyone who has read the Qran understand perfectly what those verses are saying and the circumstance they are said for.

Pick up a Quran and read it. Quran doesn't teach that everyone needs to be a Muslim at all.

Quran 106:1-6

Say: O you disbelievers,

2. I worship not what you worship,

3. Nor do you worship Whom I worship,

4. Neither shall I worship what you worship,

5. Nor will you worship Whom I worship,

6. To you be your religion, and to me my religion.

Btw, Jihad does not mean Holy War, don't insert lies

bybee

A point

A point

Your research needs work. This one isn't worth tackling. Anyone who has read the Qran understand perfectly what those verses are saying and the circumstance they are said for.

Pick up a Quran and read it. Quran doesn't teach that everyone needs to be a Muslim at all.

Quran 106:1-6

Say: O you disbelievers,

2. I worship not what you worship,

3. Nor do you worship Whom I worship,

4. Neither shall I worship what you worship,

5. Nor will you worship Whom I worship,

6. To you be your religion, and to me my religion.

Btw, Jihad does not mean Holy War, don't insert lies

You need to lighten up! AMR is a very honest and sincere poster on this web site. He posts to obtain better understanding.
Those of us on the outside of Islam are not attracted to dialogue if we are reprimanded when we bring up something which you find annoying.
I have not seen a reprimand from you to Abu Rashid who has said outrageously insulting things about America and Christianity countless times on this web site.
We need fruitful dialogue between Muslim, Jew and Christian.
I assume that each of us loves our own way of worship. Dialogue is fruitful when we respect each other's right to hold different belief's and opinion's while seeking to erase misinformation.
You are doing a good job here so don't be so darn testy. That's my department! peace, bybee

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
You need to lighten up! AMR is a very honest and sincere poster on this web site. He posts to obtain better understanding.
Those of us on the outside of Islam are not attracted to dialogue if we are reprimanded when we bring up something which you find annoying.
I have not seen a reprimand from you to Abu Rashid who has said outrageously insulting things about America and Christianity countless times on this web site.
We need fruitful dialogue between Muslim, Jew and Christian.
I assume that each of us loves our own way of worship. Dialogue is fruitful when we respect each other's right to hold different belief's and opinion's while seeking to erase misinformation.
You are doing a good job here so don't be so darn testy. That's my department! peace, bybee

Well, bybee, when he does a post in ignorance or whatever the case may be, it is unexceptionable. It is a blatant lie to say those verses says what he is trying to make them say, and also a blatant lie to say that jihad's definition is holy war.

Unexceptionable and untruthful. Especially to the millions of Muslims who live in America and practice Islam daily. That is not true, and saying we believe something that we don't.

I won't just sit back in patience to lies, won't do it. It's time for them to stop.

He is obviously not caring about being honest when it come to Islam. He is the same guy who post on the "Allah is the same God" thread that Muslims worship Allah who is a Moon God His lying post

Status
Not open for further replies.