toldailytopic: Who was Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If I may!! - If I were to define the word "Devil", - ( "Devil" is the exact opposite of "Jesus" ). - "Devil" is defined as "Evil Thoughts", according to God, not pages of other wisdom. - Sorry!!

Paul -- 121012
Jesus and the devil are not the same, that is true. The devil is not evil thoughts. Though if you are influenced by the devil you may have more evil thoughts than you would on your own being a slave to sin in your flesh. Jesus has set us free from sin, and we can live lives to the glory of God, apart from the influence of the devil.

Letsargue

Jesus and the devil are not the same, that is true. The devil is not evil thoughts. Though if you are influenced by the devil you may have more evil thoughts than you would on your own being a slave to sin in your flesh. Jesus has set us free from sin, and we can live lives to the glory of God, apart from the influence of the devil.

If one has evil thoughts, that one has the devil, or a demon, and that one's spirit is also one of the devil's angels, for whom the lake of fire was prepared, no one else!!

Paul -- 121012

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If one has evil thoughts, that one has the devil, or a demon, and that one's spirit is also one of the devil's angels, for whom the lake of fire was prepared, no one else!!

Paul -- 121012
I know that when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin. And that when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

I know we are to take every thought captive to obedience to Christ. A Christian has a sound mind.

At the same time, the devil has his schemes. Our thoughts, when evil, should not be blamed on the devil unless they come from the devil. We need to take responsibility for our own actions.

Meaning, when you consider the garden of eden, do you think Adam and Eve were okay in blaming someone other than themselves (individually they did this)?

Letsargue

I know that when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin. And that when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

I know we are to take every thought captive to obedience to Christ. A Christian has a sound mind.

At the same time, the devil has his schemes. Our thoughts, when evil, should not be blamed on the devil unless they come from the devil. We need to take responsibility for our own actions.

Meaning, when you consider the garden of eden, do you think Adam and Eve were okay in blaming someone other than themselves (individually they did this)?

Adam and Eve both said what was true, it was what both said; - now what??

Paul -- 121012

eameece

Do you see the difference between Jesus being the only begotten Son of God and believers in Jesus as the Christ being adopted sons of God?

"the only begotten son of God" is a slogan from the Bible. It can only have a symbolic meaning. God did not have an "only-begotten son" regardless of what John the gospel writer said. God was not a man who gets married and has children.

We are all God, whether we are believers or not. God does not disown his "children" even if they don't "believe" in "Him." Belief has no relevance; God is the reality of existence, and whether it is believed in or not has no relevance to that fact. "only begotten" means there is only one way to be a child of God, and that way is simply to be. There is only one God, so there can only be one "son" of God, and that is anyone or anything whatsoever. Jesus realized and taught this. He knew he was the eternal God; before Abraham was, I AM. There is no other God, so there can be no other "sons."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"the only begotten son of God" is a slogan from the Bible. It can only have a symbolic meaning. God did not have an "only-begotten son" regardless of what John the gospel writer said. God was not a man who gets married and has children.
Mary's child, Jesus the Messiah, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, according to the scriptures.
We are all God, whether we are believers or not. God does not disown his "children" even if they don't "believe" in "Him." Belief has no relevance; God is the reality of existence, and whether it is believed in or not has no relevance to that fact. "only begotten" means there is only one way to be a child of God, and that way is simply to be. There is only one God, so there can only be one "son" of God, and that is anyone or anything whatsoever. Jesus realized and taught this. He knew he was the eternal God; before Abraham was, I AM. There is no other God, so there can be no other "sons."
I am not God, and you are not God.

jeremysdemo

whatever you do Paul don't quote Jesus quoting Isaiah about himself when answering the thread question or you will be told you talk like you are lost in the wilderness by someone who claims to know more about the Bible than you.....

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What were they ((( Cursed For )))???!!!!!!! - You all just will never get it!!! -- What was their ((( SIN )))???!!!

Paul -- 121112
They disobeyed God. Eve listened to satan instead of God (and Adam). Adam, who was with her, listened to Eve and did what she did in disobeying God.

jeremysdemo

who was "satans" wife?

the Bible says "serpent" was a beast of the field (which is an animal) not satan, and that there will be enmity between his seed (offspring) and Eve's seed, Genesis 3:15.

keep shinin

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
who was "satans" wife?

the Bible says "serpent" was a beast of the field (which is an animal) not satan, and that there will be enmity between his seed (offspring) and Eve's seed, Genesis 3:15.

keep shinin

I am having trouble discerning if you are being serious here.

Do you know that the snake, or serpent, of Genesis and the garden of eden, is satan?

Adam and Eve bore children. Snakes beget as well. Mankind is at odds with snakes.

Revelation 12:9, 20:2.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
who was "satans" wife?

keep shinin

jerm
I am having trouble discerning if you are being serious here.

Do you know that the snake, or serpent, of Genesis and the garden of eden, is satan?

Adam and Eve bore children. Snakes beget as well. Mankind is at odds with snakes.

Revelation 12:9, 20:2.

well the text of Genesis I am reading doesn't say snake, serpent has many meanings in Judean culture, it can easily mean an evil person.

As does the dragon in the revelation passage, (doesn't mean a physical dragon or dinosaur like we find in the fossil record) it's an allegory of a spiritual entity. In any event God created both snakes and dinosaurs and he said they were good.

So there is something else, some other reason this "beast" seed is being mentioned with Eve's seed and an enmity being put between the two, Genesis 3:1.
People cannot mate or have children with snakes, there is no reason for an enmity to be put between an incompatible animal species seeds, but there is a very good reason to put such an enmity between two human genealogies, that of a beast who does not have the "breath of life" breathed into it, and that of Adam and Eve who did.

you can go on further to collaborate this with Cain, he was not a snake, but a real person, the offspring of the crafty beast and Eve, who then killed Able the offspring of Adam, if that is not an obvious enmity I don't what is, John 8:44.

how could a physical "snake" be a murderer anyhow? they just act on instinct like any other animal, how could it lie when they can't even speak? obviously it was a person (who was evil or serpent) in a dialogue with Eve not a cobra or water moccasin.

keep shinin

jeremysdemo

Un,

the bible mentions the seed of the serpent,

what do you think happened to them?

Do you think all the talking snakes died out?

should we be looking for their fossils that show a highly developed vocal capability?

Y'shua said the Pharisees father was the devil, should we be looking for snake dna inside of Jewish dna due to their mix-breading of species?

obviously, it is a metaphor for either an evil person, or an evil entity/character within a person or "beast", not a physical serpent/snake.

keep shinin

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
jeremy,

I am not familiar with your confusion. I mean, I have heard the doubting you express before, but these doubts of yours are not mine.

In looking for instances of the word snake in the Bible, I just found this verse which also has the word serpent in it.

Genesis 49:17 "Dan shall be a serpent in the way, A horned snake in the path, That bites the horse's heels, So that his rider falls backward.

Rather than a person, I would think a serpent/snake/dragon would be a reptile.

jeremysdemo

jeremy,

I am not familiar with your confusion. I mean, I have heard the doubting you express before, but these doubts of yours are not mine.

In looking for instances of the word snake in the Bible, I just found this verse which also has the word serpent in it.

Genesis 49:17 "Dan shall be a serpent in the way, A horned snake in the path, That bites the horse's heels, So that his rider falls backward.

Rather than a person, I would think a serpent/snake/dragon would be a reptile.

even more clear in this above passage, as Dan is a tribe, that these terms mean evil people, not animals.

I don't have any doubt about that at all, as I know the Bible's idioms and tribes :)

unless of course you read this to mean God is going to magically turn all the people in the tribe of Dan into a giant reptile!

that would be a hoot! lol

I guess we should be looking for those fossil records too....

keep shinin

Letsargue

They disobeyed God. Eve listened to satan instead of God (and Adam). Adam, who was with her, listened to Eve and did what she did in disobeying God.

God didn't curse either of them for doing what God said not to do!! - God only told Adam not to eat of the Tree, but God didn't curse them for that. -- Adam was made the keeper of the Garden and Adam took advice from his wife, and his wife was Adam's help meet or help keeper, not Satan's, - whom she helped taste the fruit. God didn't say for them ( Not to do that ), but told them what ( "TO DO" ) and they didn't. They did the opposite!!

Paul -- 121112