toldailytopic: Which rock band was/is the greatest of all time?

Buzzword

My parents were fairly strict, so I didn't get to go to rock concerts. The only concerts I ever went to as an adult were Kenny Rogers and Chicago.

I didn't even have an interest in classic rock until my wife and I started dating, so I got to discover Queen, Zeppelin, Styx, ELO, ELP, BTO, Bob Seger, Boston, Kansas, AC/DC, .38 Special, Argent, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Bad Company, REO Speedwagon, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Chicago, CCR, Hendrix, Grand Funk Railroad, Journey, Steve Miller Band, The Allman Brothers, The Who, The Guess Who, The Black Crowes, Van Halen, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, ZZ Top.....as an adult, all on their own aesthetic awesomeness.

My first rock concert was this past May.
Saw Styx, REO Speedwagon, and (for some twisted reason) Ted Nugent.

Quincy

I've been to countless rock concerts, but I don't think bands like Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Seether qualify for this list :nono: I've never seen any of the really great bands live.

I think U2 is a good band worth considering.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinetMaker
I thought Styx was great

:shocked: Are you trying to give me a brain aneurism?

Styx? Is that that guy with th' puny voice who's trying to sound like he has a 'big' voice?

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Among realistic candidates, I think the Rolling Stones did the "rock band" thing the greatest, they'd be the standard.

In my own view, Judas Priest would be it, very closely followed by Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. I'm really getting in to Blue Oyster Cult recently too tho'. :) Tons of great bands, I don't think Knight was looking for lists here but it's hard to avoid that side-trail. :)

Ed Walton

Derrick & The Dominos is my favorite.
But if it has to be a rockband I’ll go with Fleetwood Mac; I use to buy everything, with a picture of Stevie Nicks on the cover.