toldailytopic: What "yet to be thought of" invention would help you the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Graphite

I could use....

A device that could locate objects of a certain type. For instance... you tell the device to locate keys and it would show you a diagram of your surrounding area (like a sonar) and highlight where any keys might be. You could locate remote controls, wallets, glasses, anything with a recognizable shape.
You know who could use one of those?

National Right to Life could use that thing to win a cool $10,000 by using it to locate just one pro-life judge on the Supreme Court. Finally! That pesky bugger has been evading detection for some time now.

some other dude

A little girl at a wedding asked, "Mommy, why do brides always wear white?" The mom replied, "Because they're happy, dear."

Halfway through the wedding the girl whispered, "Mommy, if brides wear white because they're happy, then why do men wear black?"

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Okay, I'm gonna take a risk and post an idea.;)

I would love a debit card that had a readout of your checking account balance so you would always know exactly how much money you have. Wouldn't that be great? I'm terrible with my checkbook now that I have so many automatic payments and debits.

PS. I don't need a lecture from anyone who happens to be good at managing their checkbook!

Last edited:

sdgareth

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 23rd, 2010 10:43 AM

toldailytopic: What "yet to be thought of" invention would help you the most?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

A coffee cup that always stays full

:idea:

Aimiel

I keep watching the store shelves for, "Mr. Fission," a portable nuclear reactor that, every 100,000 miles or so needs to have fuel: beer cans, banana peels, etc; to run. :thumb:

Last edited:

zoo22

Wireless.

I know... Someone will say it's been invented, but if that's true, what are all of those wires still doing on my desk and why do I have to pack 50 pounds of assorted wires when I travel?

Aimiel

What "yet to be thought of" invention would help you the most?

Any that are 'yet to be thought of' couldn't be discussed, since no one has thought of them yet. :chuckle: SOME of the ideas presented here have yet to be developed, but all have been thought of, even if only presented here for the first time.

zoo22

I've been hankering for small pieces of paper with a very light glue substance on the back, so I could jot down notes and stick them places, like on the wall, or my computer, or the refrigerator or whatnot (as say, a reminder to myself, or a quick note to someone), that would peel off easily without leaving any residue. Might sound silly, but I think could be very useful.

(And could be used to draw smiley faces on and stick here and there.)

Also (bear with me here): Indoor toilets. :plain: Sounds disgusting, I know, but there's got to be a way! I'm a dreamer.

zoo22

Humming a tune into a computer microphone that is uploaded to a music search engine that then finds the actual song I cannot remember the title to.

AMR

I have a friend who developed that for cell phones... You call a #, hold the phone up to the song that's playing and it will text back the song. It works incredibly well. The cool thing is that because it's your phone, you can use it anywhere... Store, restaurant, whatever... Humming is tougher because you have to be right on with the notes, but if you are, it works. I think there are a few similar out now.

Mr. 5020

I have a friend who developed that for cell phones... You call a #, hold the phone up to the song that's playing and it will text back the song. It works incredibly well. The cool thing is that because it's your phone, you can use it anywhere... Store, restaurant, whatever... Humming is tougher because you have to be right on with the notes, but if you are, it works. I think there are a few similar out now.
Yeah, the one I listed earlier has a iPhone app. It's amazing.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I could use....

A device that could locate objects of a certain type. For instance... you tell the device to locate keys and it would show you a diagram of your surrounding area (like a sonar) and highlight where any keys might be. You could locate remote controls, wallets, glasses, anything with a recognizable shape.

I could use one of those. It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff me and the girfriend can lose and not find for days in our little studio apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.