toldailytopic: What punishment SHOULD Penn State's Jerry Sandusky receive today?

EMETH

The vengeful side of my nature says use every instrument of torture ever developed on him one at a time for as long as his body can stand it. (The "pear of anguish" seems particularly appropriate in this case.)

But I think a quick execution to remove this stain as soon as possible would be the best humane solution.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Perfect. But it doesn't make it even. The people surviving abuse didn't ask for it. But Sandusky deserves it. I can't think of a better punishment than making him live with the hell he inflicted on those kids.

Death is too good for him.

Nick responds:
Remember what I said the other day?

What is funny (and not in a ha ha way) is the hypocrites that want to somebody to live in jail forever and be tortured, not executed.

I don't have any problem with executing killers who are likely to kill again. I just want the state to assure that they won't kill anyone by mistake. And so far, especially in the states that kill the most, they've done a very poor job of that.

The point is that, if such a punishment did not cause him to repent, pretty much nothing would.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
in california due the the three strikes law they had to let out child molesters to make room for drug dealers

PureX

I believe that it's not our place as human beings to "punish" Jerry Sandusky or anyone else for their crimes. He should, however, as a repeat violent offender, be locked away from society for the rest of his life. He should work while in custody to help pay for his own keep, and to make restitution to his victims.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
in california due the the three strikes law they had to let out child molesters to make room for drug dealers

And some of those "drug dealers" were college students who sold a few times to their friends. As so often happens when politicians "get tough with criminals", the public ends up suffering.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I actually agree with Barbie, here. Death is too good for Sandusky. But I think we should be merciful.

How can you agree with Barbie if he doesn't want to be merciful, but wants to torture people? Which is unjust.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How can you agree with Barbie if he doesn't want to be merciful, but wants to torture people? Which is unjust.
I didn't say I agreed with him 100%. I only agree with him to the extent that death is too good for Sandusky. I do not agree with Barbie that we should not be merciful enough to give him death anyway; we should.